ProPoints From fat to thin!

kerry2285

Silver Member
Hello.

Well I joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago today (31st aug). I have been loosely following slimming world for nearlly a year and have lost and gained the same stone. So enough is enough - I have made the leap to weight watchers in the hope that it is more flexible for when I do not have the time to cook from scratch and to also help me control my huge portion sizes!

This is just going to be my thoughts, feelins, recepies and maybe food diary some days. Its hopefully going to keep my head in the right place so any encouraging words you may have would be greatly appreciated :p

I am addicted to chocolate, crusty bread and most general crap really!! lol :8855:

Im trying to cut down on these and most of the time its not too bad but the week of TOTM I seem to eat everything in sight (including bucket loads of chocolate!!).

My first week I quite enjoyed getting into the plan but the day of my first weigh in I came on. I had lost 3lbs that day which I was really please with but this last week I have struggled! Mainly with chocolate. Meals have been within points thankfully and maybe this is why I have managed to STS.

Have to admit I didnt go to WI tonight, I weighed in at home, luckly I also weighed in on my home scales last week after ww weigh in so I can see that I have STS.

Im on holiday now for just over a week so I would love another STS or for a loss even as we are self catering so can control breakfast, snacks etc.

Anyways, I would just love to get back down to a 14-16. Currently a 18-20 so hopefully I can acheve this :) Heres hoping!!

Hi Kerry, Welcome to minimins . I too am a chocoholic so I know where you are coming from . TOTM is a nightmare and the only way I have got through it before is to have other small point treats in the house and basically distract myself i.e yogurts, mini light babybels, Walkers baked (Multipaks )2pp , fruit , merangue nests , sugar free jelly etc because if I have one piece of chocolate that week im off but the rest of the month I can have a small chocolate treat and be happy .

Hope things are going ok this week and get back to us next week . dont let the hols drag on !!!!!!

Thank you :)

I've banned my fella from buying any chocolate for me!

Have had a rubbish day. Was on a course in London and after it finished decided to go for a walk n down by the river. Was walking along when a woman n her child came up behind me, heard her say to the kid while huffing ' if we could get round this fat woman's arse'

I was gobsmacked, mortified, angry and a minute or so later burst into tears on the street :( she knew full well I could hear as she was walking past me as she said it. I did shout at her u nasty b**ch but don't think she heard :(

Feeling quite disheartened now, not to mention upset.

Why are these people blessed with a thin body?? Why can't they be fat n see how it feels to have nasty comments said about them!!!!

Like you say that about someone :eek:
I feel sorry for her poor child tbh, growing up with a shining role model like that!

Don't let her bring you down, your doing so well :bighug: x

hya
i think peoples attitudes stink about weight issues, they dont see that you are trying to lose the weight or initially the reason it was put on in the 1st place, best to ignore comments like that, and as kimboowee said its the kiddies i feel sorry for as they grow up with the fat stigma, just carry on as you are going and remember you will not be "fat" forever she will always prob be a inconsiderate idiot!! xx gl with your weightloss xx

I know it can be really disheartening when someone makes a nasty comment but my general attitude is sod um!!! The thing is you are taking the steps to achieve a healthier lifestyle, and whilst we can change our weight, those people are stuck with their personalities! The thing in life is there will always be someone around who will critics us, whether it be weight, lifestyle etc, but the key is to know who you are and that's all that matters. X

Sorry for the late response.

Thank you everyone for your kind words I was just a little upset. I always take things to heart but I know I shouldn't.

Well I'm off on my hols now, I won't be tracking but will try to not over indulge too!!!!

Thank u :)

Back from my hols today :( have just weighed in but as its late at night know its not gunna be a good one....5lbs on atm eeek!! got a couple more days of dinners out etc then from monday can get back into it properly.

My boyfriend proposed to me yesterday so its a great way to spur me on to be thinner!! So so happy but now its time to put the fat me away and actually get on the ww wagon for good! Going to try some of their ready meals this next week and bulk out with added veg. Will see how it goes if I can lose I may do that mon-fri and weekends cook myself a meal. Will save alot of money too as its getting faaaar too expensive to buy fresh meats each week sadly.

Congrats on getting engaged!!! That's what has spurred me on the weight loss wagon as I'm getting Married next year!
I'm sure u will get back on track once things go back to normal, and now u have great motivation to stick with it!

Thank you. It's all very exciting! I'm taking my next weigh in as a fresh start I was only 2 weeks in anyways.

How are your wedding plans going? Is it stressful but enjoying it all? Can't wait to go dress shopping Eeek!! :D

More or less coming together, got deposits down on most things, just gotta keep on saving!!! Trying not to stress too much now, sure I will be next year tho!!! Ordered my dress bout 2 weeks ago, completely different to what I originally wanted, very Girly! Should get it by end of January so hoping to have lost quite a bit by then, so they can take it in as needed. Got it custom measured so it's the size I am at the mo!
Have u thought of a date yet?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk congrats!!!!

Im am the queen of weddings, although not tight budgets! Its so easy to get carried away! x

Eeek thank u!!!

Can't wait to dress shop for THE dress!! I've thought of a theme I'd like but the mother sounded like she thought I was crazy - Christmas theme as its my fave time of year :)

I love the wedding tv shows, don't tell the bride being top show at the moe!

Day one of ww tomoz, the rings too small by couple of sizes n as I want to lose weight this is a great incentive!! He won't get it expanded to have me lose weight n have it re sized again lol. Here's hoping it fits for Xmas :D

Day 1 (again!)

B: Wheatbix + semi s milk (6 pp)
L: Home made chicken soup and muller light (5 pp)
D: WW chicken casserole, carrots + cabbage (5pp)

Snacks: 2 slices hovis granary, sainsburys BGTY soft cheese and cadbury flake. (10 pp)

So far 26 points but I have 38 a day :sigh: not sure how I can fit another 11 in but I will try as I am quite hungry. I have that ring dangling in front of me and I will be wearing it by xmas if it kills me!!! Im so determined never felt so focused, hope it lasts!!! :D

Wow - congratulations. What a great inspiration for you to lose weight.

Hi Kerry ,Congratulations ,didnt see your post until now sorry . It is exciting all the build up to the big day . Enjoy it and try nt to stress . It always all comes together on the day.

Well done on getting back to WW. remember every 1/2 lb counts .think of it as another 0.5 lb of butter off the tum !!!

Back