From one extreme to the other - food diary!

Well done Jessie!! 4 lbs is amazing! Next time you're shopping pick up 4lbs of butter to feel the weight in your hands. I've a 1.5 stone bag of spuds in kitchen that I lifted to put into my trolley... OMG the heaviness! And I carried that around all the time before I started SW. No wonder my knees groaned.

Sorry to hear about your friend's break-up, that's always hard to deal with.

Thank you :D I was so chuffed especially after not having lost a thing when I had a cheeky weigh in the other day! I was looking at old photos the other day and was so shocked at the difference - if I had to pick up over 3 stone I'd struggle. My back hurts a lot less than it used to which is good too!

Yeah I felt really sorry for her because there's nothing I can really say to make her feel better!

Had a bit of a rushed evening last night - my friend wanted a quote from my OH for some carpentry work and we ended up staying to chat after so didn't end up getting home til 9:30pm where I had to sit a wrap necklaces to post whilst the OH cooked tea. Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits, but the guy is incapable of cooking - I gave him the recipe on the ipad and he was still asking for help! Argh! Men....!

Breakfast: Apple, Aldi Cereal Bar (1/2 Hexb)

Lunch: Superspeed soup (starting to get really fed up of this now) 2 ryvita (Hexb) another aldi cereal bar (1/2 hexb)

Drinks: Water & Tea with FF milk (visiting friend who has a little one so she only has FF milk!) (1.5 syns)

Dinner: Pasta Arrabiatta (with peppers for extra SF) and 40g RF cheddar (HexA) and another cereal bar (2 syns)

Syns: 3.5
HexA: 1
HexB: 2

Wow – I can’t believe I haven’t been on here for almost 2 years! Most depressing of all is that I’m only 5lb lighter than when I last logged on – and that’s only really been lost in the past month or two. I went back up to 13st10lb towards the end of last year but OH popped the question in October and I have purchased a wedding dress that is two sizes smaller than my current size (brave / stupid – you decide!) as motivation. So I weighed this morning and FINALLY hit my 4 stone mark which has spurred me on again.

I’m still following (the old green plan) on SW from home but with the help of My Fitness Pal. My weight loss really plateaued when I was last keeping this diary, and although my old SW consultant taught me that as long as a third of my plate was superfree I could eat as much pasta / rice / potato as I liked, this wasn’t working for me. Ever since I’ve started weighing and monitoring my carb in take my weight loss has really started again. Such a struggle at times as I’m a carb addict…!

So to keep me on track I thought I’d restart my old diary – and hopefully slim down for the gown!

Congratulations on your engagement!! :bunnydance:

Dont put yourself down for only losing 5lbs! That is so good over such a long gap and way better than a gain :)

When's the big day? :D

Congratulations on your engagement!! :bunnydance:

Dont put yourself down for only losing 5lbs! That is so good over such a long gap and way better than a gain :)

When's the big day? :D

Aww thank you :) not until 1st August next year so should (hopefully) be plenty of time to fit into my dress!

So bit of a boring day today as I was late for work so had no time to prep!

Breakfast: alpen light summer fruits (hexb) coffee (hexa for milk)

Lunch: 2 ryvita (hexb) alone light summer fruits (Hexb) coffee (hexa)

Dinner: creamy fajita pasta SYN FREE
Pasta shells
Oregano
Paprika
Cumin
Lemon juice
Garlic
Dried chilli flakes
Lea and Perrins
Tomato purée
Pasta shells
Quorn chicken pieces
Fat free yoghurt
Onion
Pepper
Courgette
Celery

First time of making this and it was yum!

Hexa: 1
Hexb: 2
Syns: 0

Last edited:
So bit of a boring day today as I was late for work so had no time to prep! Breakfast: alpen light summer fruits (hexb) coffee (hexa for milk) Lunch: 2 ryvita (hexb) alone light summer fruits (Hexb) coffee (hexa) Dinner: creamy fajita pasta SYN FREE Pasta shells Oregano Paprika Cumin Lemon juice Garlic Dried chilli flakes Lea and Perrins Tomato purée Pasta shells Quorn chicken pieces Fat free yoghurt Onion Pepper Courgette Celery First time of making this and it was yum! Hexa: 1 Hexb: 2 Syns: 0

Your dinner sounds lovely!

No "hopefully" about it you will look fabulous in your wedding dress :D!

Where do you think you will have the ceremony? Abroad, at home? weddings are so exciting!

No "hopefully" about it you will look fabulous in your wedding dress :D!

Where do you think you will have the ceremony? Abroad, at home? weddings are so exciting!

Haha thank you! After the money it's cost me in determined to get into it!

We've booked a venue near us - it's sort of like a converted barn (will try to post a pic when I'm on my laptop on Monday) and are just waiting for the church to confirm so all systems go at the moment! Just trying to not be bridezilla haha!

So usually struggle on the weekends - especially when I'm at events selling my jewellery. Was really craving a take away tonight but just had a treat by not weighing my carbs instead, so technically still all free on slimmimg world but not going to look at the calories on my fitness pal!!

Breakfast: coffee (2 syns for milk) strawberries

Lunch: wholewheat Cous cous, roasted sweet peppers and roasted cherry tomatoes, 30g goats cheese (Hexa)

Snack: Creme egg (9 syns)

Dinner: a mountain of spaghetti pasta, with 30g goats cheese (hexa) tinned tomatoes, courgette, carrot, pepper, onion, mixed herbs, dried chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar, paprika

A few swigs of OH's coke (will give 3 syns for this as literally only had 2 swigs)

Hexa: 2
Hexb: 0
Syns: 14

So after being super proud of myself for avoiding a takeaway on Saturday night.... I had one last night instead (and a big slice of cake!!) I didn't eat anything else yesterday so hoping I haven't done TOO much damage. Back on track today though so will update tomorrow :)

:wow:amazing photos! You can really see the difference. You should be so proud of how far you've come! :)

So back on the wagon yesterday – whoop! Got a compliment this morning from a colleague on how you can really see my weight loss now – in all honesty I think it’s just the dress I’m wearing, but I’ll take it anyway ;-)

Booking more wedding-y things today. Including a vintage ice cream tricycle, not really a necessity for a wedding but it was so cute – and the ice cream was so yummy (oh yeah, forgot to add this to Sunday’s diary – whoops! Mini taster ice cream cone…. But it was mini so surely doesn’t count?!) Think that booking wedding things is helping keep me on track!

So yesterday looked like this:

Breakfast: Alpen Light Summer Fruits (HexB)

Lunch: Whole wheat cous cous, with roasted sweet peppers and cherry tomatoes and 30g goat’s cheese (hexa)

Dinner: (picture make it looks rubbish but was sooooo good) I saw this heavenly looking cheesey and sour cream jacket potato on pintrest the other day so thought I’d have a go at making my own ‘SW Friendly’ version and it was yum!

IMG_2685.JPG

Jacket potato sliced up with 40g Reduced fat grated cheddar (hexa), Paprika, Quark and chives then served with a spicey Cajun ‘thing’ I made up! Consisted of, kidney beans, quorn steak strips, tinned tomatoes, carrots, onion, celery, pepper, paprika, Cajun spice, piri piri spice and garlic.

Snacks: Coffee, Coffee and more Coffee (will allow 4 syns for milk as only have a splash!)

HexA: 2
HexB: 1
Syns: 4

Calories: 1168

You sure will :)

Ooh ice-cream cart sounds so cute and unique I hope the weather holds out on the big day!

Glad to hear you are in the zone with your weight loss!

X

One of the benefits of not being able to judge how much food to cook - is the beauty of leftovers. I tend to bulk cook rice and cous cous as they’re easy to heat up when needed but I’m terrible for cooking dishes such as spag bol etc that would feed about 500 people rather than just me! But this does have advantages when I get home at silly times like last night and fancy something quick – it keeps me away from the chippy!!

Breakfast – I discovered the joys of Alpen Light Jaffa Cake Flavour – they are AMAZING (and hopefully a hexB as I haven’t checked!)

Lunch – Cheese & Broccoli pasta ‘ n ‘ sauce quiche, with quark instead of cottage cheese, asparagus, extra broccoli and green beans. The piece missing is the piece I had for lunch yesterday. 2 ryvita as got a bit peckish (hexB)

IMG_2690.JPG

Dinner – 100g boiled rice, and leftovers from Monday’s dinner (spicy tomato and quorn steak thing I made up!) with 40g Reduced fat grated cheddar (HexA)

Snacks: Coffeeeeee (HexA)

HexA: 2
HexB: 2
Syns: 0

Calories: 867 - seems a little low for how much I’ve eaten? But it’s only the weights of veg that I’ve ‘guestimated’ so I’m sure it won’t be out by TOO much…!

Back