From one extreme to the other - food diary!

Mm your lunch sounds so nice! :) I love those pasta n sauce sachets and cheese and broccoli is my fave!

Eurgh – bad mood today. Think its because I’m overtired (friends came over and stayed over late which meant eating late…) Granddad is in hospital having surgery to remove more tumours and to top it all – my colleague who I DO NOT get on with is being a royal p***k – counting down the days until he leaves… roll on June 5[SUP]th[/SUP]!

So food diary yesterday:

Breakfast – Alpen Light Jaffa Cake Bar – Really should find out if they definitely are a HexB!

Lunch – Leftover Pasta n Sauce Quiche

Dinner – so whilst searching on pinterst for wedding ideas and food ideas I came across sweet potato gnocchi and realllly fancied it but then the ingredients – syns syns syns! So had a go at making my own – didn’t really work too well but still tasted good. If it wasn’t so late I would have have put the ‘gnocchi’ in the sauce, crumbled the goats cheese across the top and baked it, but it was too late by the time I ate and I was too hungry to wait!

So the normal recipe for the gnocchi – contained ricotta and flour, so I swapped them for quark and smash (I know it’s a tweak but I don’t do this often so I’m not going to worry too much) and baked rather than boiled as not sure how the mixture would have boiled minus the flour….

So the gnocchi was basically roasted sweet potato – scooped out the inside, mixed with quark, smash, salt and pepper, rolled into little balls and baked.

Then made a tomato and herby ‘thing’ with tinned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, tomato puree, baslsamic vinegar, basil, spring onions, sweet peppers, carrot and quorn chicken style pieces. Topped with 30g goats cheese (HexA)

FullSizeRender.jpg

& as always – lots of coffee to get me through the day (hexA)

HexA: 2
HexB: 1
Syns: 0

Calories – 1269

Sorry to hear about your granddads health, I hope the surgery goes well for him. Eugh, I can definitely sypathise with the sh**ty colleague, sometimes I think some people were just put on this earth to rile you up and be a pain in the behind!

Considering what you're going through at the moment it's amazing you still get the time and go to the trouble to make new recipes and cook lovely meals from scratch. I could definitely take a leaf from your book! :) I love sweet potato it's such an underrated yummy vegetable!

Sorry to hear about your granddads health, I hope the surgery goes well for him. Eugh, I can definitely sypathise with the sh**ty colleague, sometimes I think some people were just put on this earth to rile you up and be a pain in the behind!

Considering what you're going through at the moment it's amazing you still get the time and go to the trouble to make new recipes and cook lovely meals from scratch. I could definitely take a leaf from your book! :) I love sweet potato it's such an underrated yummy vegetable!

Eurgh I know! It’s very awkward as the colleague in question as been told the reason his position is being made redundant is because of my role, so that’s added to the already underlying resentment. He’s extremely sexist and because I’m so much younger than him treats me with no respect whatsoever. In a much better mood today so feeling a bit better plus hoping to go and see my Granddad tonight. How has your week been??

1lb off today – would have liked more but happy with a loss!

Had a bit of a nervy b last night and felt a bit sorry for myself (this sounds so awful now writing it down, full of self pity!!) but getting a bit fed up with people taking advantage – I need to learn to use the word NO. Nothing major, but just had one of those days where all those small things that have been bugging me added up and came out in one go…

I’ve got a bit of a complex about what people think of me and keeping people happy to put myself out a lot of the time to keep others happy. So, had a full on drama queen strop to my H2B using some choice words telling him that everyone can do one…. Why oh why is this poor man marrying me?!

Anyway foody stuff:

Breakfast: Jaffa Cake alepn light bar (hexb)

Lunch: Last piece of pasta ‘n‘ sauce quiche

Dinner: So fancied a bit of stodge whilst mid strop and tried Pete’s Peanut Butter Curry for the first time – yum!! Added extra peanut butter as I added too much sweetner – whoops! and a bit more veg to bulk up the superfree. So I’m going to put it at 9 syns as I shared it with H2B. Had it with actifry chips and boiled white rice
IMG_2695.JPG

And as always – coffee to get me through (hexA)

HexA: 2
Syns: 9

Calories: 1187

So updating tonight as I'm notoriously rubbish at updating on the weekends!

Breakfast: alpen light Jaffa cake flavour (hexb)

Lunch: 96g wholewheat cous cous, 40g reduced fat cheddar (hexa), 4 cherry tomatoes and a pepper

image-2360169917.jpg

Dinner: stodgy dinner, Syn free but not really any super free apart from asparagus. I treated H2B to home cooked steak and chips (a rarity in our house due to me only really cooking quorn) as a thank you for listening to me rant last night. I was randomly craving mash potato so my healthy veggie version was

2x quorn peppered steaks (could have really only had one but was hungry when cooking!) sweet corn, roasted asparagus, mash potato with quark.

image-378685676.jpg

For H2B's pud I brought one of those GU zillionaire puds - 2 in a pack! Argh the temptation! So I said he could have both of them if I could have one mouthful - I've literally never seen him move so fast. He ran to the fridge and grabbed my pudding before I could change my mind!!

But I had one mouthful - it was incredible. I've worked it out on my fitness pal as about 75 calories (1/5 of the pudding) so going off the 20 cal = 1 syn rule im guesstimating 4 syns...?

My usual coffee fixes throughout the day (hexa)

Hexa: 2
Hexb: 1
Syns: 4

Calories: 1318

Ok – so I was really really really bad on the weekend (SW wise that is!!)

Saturday started off on good intentions – cleaned the flat and started sorting some bits ready for the house move in a few weeks (hopefully…!) Then went to collect some free wardrobes with my friend – as she’s 6 months pregnant I had to do the lifting and carrying of said wardrobes – I’m admittedly a bit of a princess and do not do any manual labour of any sort (including lifting heavy objects) but I had no choice so I’m counting this as some body magic haha! I’m covered in bruises though so, I think it shows I’m not cut off for this sort of work!

Got home and was starving as I hadn’t eaten all day. Fancied something a bit stodgy so that I didn’t fancy the chips that were included with the charity quiz on Saturday night. So I sort of made this up as I went along, and I’ve got to say it was so good! (big headed much?!) Used both my HexA’s (as I scoffed the whole thing) but I’m sure you could half it and have it with some more veg and use it as 1 HexA.

IMG_2702.JPG

Roasted butternut squash and sweet pepper cannelloni… If anyone is interested in the recipe let me know and I shall post it!

So went off to the quiz, happily full and content that I wasn’t going to be tempted. Oh, how wrong was I….

It started off with the bowel of salted nuts on the table – had a fair few of these. Followed by a packet of ready salted crips which were already on the table, by which point I figured I was already on a downwards spiral so may as well have the veggie burger and chips. I then went and met some friends, luckily I was driving so was restricted to a small glass of rose, but still didn’t get in until 3am.

Woke up yesterday morning and felt rough (I don’t do tiredness well) so had a sofa day…. Which consisted of a huge bag of quavers, a galaxy caramel bar, a large dominos pizza, a garlic pizza bread, a small portion of chips in the actifry and a low fat quorn sausage (at least that was syn free!!!) oops!

So back on track today with a vengeance. Lunch prepped and even though s****y colleague is back in – I will not be driven to comfort eating – WILL POWER!!!

Hi here to subscribe will have a read and a catch up with your diary x

Hi caught up with your diary, congratulations on the wedding, your pictures of how far you have come are brilliant. I have been doing EE but had loads of HE because of breast feeding, so liking the idea of doing some green days as the bf ends - are you allowed to hea and hen on green days? What are the rules?
I would also love your cannelloni recipe if possible it is on my list for next week but not what to make it with so could be perfect timing x

Hi caught up with your diary, congratulations on the wedding, your pictures of how far you have come are brilliant. I have been doing EE but had loads of HE because of breast feeding, so liking the idea of doing some green days as the bf ends - are you allowed to hea and hen on green days? What are the rules? I would also love your cannelloni recipe if possible it is on my list for next week but not what to make it with so could be perfect timing x

Aww thank you :) I'm not sure if it has changed since i went to group (back in 2013) but I was told that on green you can have 2 hexa and 2 hexb so that's what I go off! Which is fab with being able to have cheese and milk.

So I'm pretty rubbish with measurements as I tend to guesstimate as I go along but the basic recipe was:

73g Philadelphia light (1 x hexa)
40g reduced fat cheese grated (1 x hexa)
Quark
Cauliflower
Cannelloni tubes
Tinned tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes
Tomato purée
Basil
Garlic granules
Butternut squash
Sweet pepper
Spring onion
Oregano
Celery
Onion
Balsamic vinegar

White sauce

1. Cut the cauliflower head into smaller pieces and boil until soft
2. Once soft and cool - blend the cauliflower (and a splash of the water used to boil) and quark in a blender until a smooth thick sauce is formed

Cannelloni filling

1. Chop the butternut squash and sweet pepper into small chunks (ensuring that they can fit into the cannelloni tubes). Spread the squash and pepper on a baking tray, spray with fry light and sprinkle with basil and garlic granules and roast until tender
2. Mix the squash and pepper with the Philadelphia - depending on how many cannelloni tubes you use, you can bulk out the filling mixture with quark
3. Fill the tubes with the Philadelphia and veg mixture
4. Place in a baking dish

Tomato sauce

1. Fry the onions, spring onion and celery in fry light until soft
2. Add a sprinkle of oregano
3. Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato purée
4. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar
5. I added a little extra water to ensure there is enough fluid to cook the cannelloni tubes
6. Once boiled - pour over the filled cannelloni tubes

Cooking

1. Pour the White sauce on top of the tomato sauce and cannelloni tubes
2. Sprinkle the top with 40g reduced fat grated cheddar
3. Chop the cherry tomatoes and scatter on the top
4. Cook in the oven until golden brown

Might still need some tweaking with herbs etc but let me know what you think!

So back on plan yesterday – I honestly think that eating rubbish food really isn’t agreeing with me. All day yesterday, even after dinner, and this morning, my stomach is feeling so strange – like almost painful hunger pangs but even after I’ve eaten which is weird…

Bit of a boring day yesterday to detox my system – had a bit of a shock when I entered the food I had eaten over the weekend into My Fitness Pal – in excess of 6000 calories – how is that even possible?!?!

Breakfast: Alpen Light Bar – Back to summer fruits! (HexB)

Lunch: 100g Whole wheat cous cous, cherry tomatoes and peppers (so boring!)

Dinner: Quorn Chicken, Butternut Squash, String Bean and courgette curry, mixed with quark to make it more creamy and served with 100g boiled brown rice – this wasn’t too nice either as I added way to much curry powder so it tasted almost powdery – blech!

IMG_2711.JPG

Coffee throughout the day (HexA)

HexA: 1

Calories: 768

Aww thank you :) I'm not sure if it has changed since i went to group (back in 2013) but I was told that on green you can have 2 hexa and 2 hexb so that's what I go off! Which is fab with being able to have cheese and milk. So I'm pretty rubbish with measurements as I tend to guesstimate as I go along but the basic recipe was: 73g Philadelphia light (1 x hexa) 40g reduced fat cheese grated (1 x hexa) Quark Cauliflower Cannelloni tubes Tinned tomatoes Cherry tomatoes Tomato purée Basil Garlic granules Butternut squash Sweet pepper Spring onion Oregano Celery Onion Balsamic vinegar White sauce 1. Cut the cauliflower head into smaller pieces and boil until soft 2. Once soft and cool - blend the cauliflower (and a splash of the water used to boil) and quark in a blender until a smooth thick sauce is formed Cannelloni filling 1. Chop the butternut squash and sweet pepper into small chunks (ensuring that they can fit into the cannelloni tubes). Spread the squash and pepper on a baking tray, spray with fry light and sprinkle with basil and garlic granules and roast until tender 2. Mix the squash and pepper with the Philadelphia - depending on how many cannelloni tubes you use, you can bulk out the filling mixture with quark 3. Fill the tubes with the Philadelphia and veg mixture 4. Place in a baking dish Tomato sauce 1. Fry the onions, spring onion and celery in fry light until soft 2. Add a sprinkle of oregano 3. Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato purée 4. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar 5. I added a little extra water to ensure there is enough fluid to cook the cannelloni tubes 6. Once boiled - pour over the filled cannelloni tubes Cooking 1. Pour the White sauce on top of the tomato sauce and cannelloni tubes 2. Sprinkle the top with 40g reduced fat grated cheddar 3. Chop the cherry tomatoes and scatter on the top 4. Cook in the oven until golden brown Might still need some tweaking with herbs etc but let me know what you think!
thank you will have a go at this sounds good x

So I went to Asda yesterday to try and hunt out some BFree wraps but there was nothing there... half the shelves were empty too which was pretty rubbish..!! Really fancying a quorn tikka wrap for lunch tomorrow - getting fed up of cous cous!! It’s my OH’s 31[SUP]st[/SUP] this weekend so we are going out for the evening – I’m going to have a few drinks so not going to even pretend I’ll stick to plan (whoops!!)

Breakfast: Alpen Light Summer Fruits (HexB) (you’ll probably notice that I’m really not a big breakfast person!)

Lunch: 100g whole wheat cous cous with roasted sweet pepper, buttnernut squash and courgette sprinkled with paprika

Dinner: Sweet & Spicy Quorn Meatball and veggie skewers with home made spicy veggie rice and a minty sauce
IMG_2715.JPG

Coffee throughout the day (hexA)

Calories: 770 - my fitness pal keeps telling me off! Oops!

So I went to Asda yesterday to try and hunt out some BFree wraps but there was nothing there... half the shelves were empty too which was pretty rubbish..!! Really fancying a quorn tikka wrap for lunch tomorrow - getting fed up of cous cous!! It’s my OH’s 31[SUP]st[/SUP] this weekend so we are going out for the evening – I’m going to have a few drinks so not going to even pretend I’ll stick to plan (whoops!!)

Breakfast: Alpen Light Summer Fruits (HexB) (you’ll probably notice that I’m really not a big breakfast person!)

Lunch: 100g whole wheat cous cous with roasted sweet pepper, buttnernut squash and courgette sprinkled with paprika

Dinner: Sweet & Spicy Quorn Meatball and veggie skewers with home made spicy veggie rice and a minty sauce
View attachment 172015

Coffee throughout the day (hexA)

Calories: 770 - my fitness pal keeps telling me off! Oops!

Did you add sauce to the meatballs to make them sweet and spicy or you buy them like that? It looks good.

Did you add sauce to the meatballs to make them sweet and spicy or you buy them like that? It looks good.

I thought they were really good! Had the leftovers for lunch today.

I made the sauce it was diet coke, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, ginger, garlic and piri piri seasoning. boiled it for a while to give the flavours time to mix and then added the meatballs and let them soak up the sauce.

Oh ok, I can't get my head over using diet coke as a sauce.

Yeah, I don't like using the fizzy drinks as sauces too much to be honest - just never feels right pouring it out of a can into a pan! This one wasn't too bad though as it was more of a glaze than a sauce... x

Feeling really pants today – was promised a promotion at work just to now be told (via email) that I’m not ready for it yet and maybe in the long term… thanks for that!!

So feeling a bit sorry for myself. Anyway food yesterday….

Breakfast: Alpen Light Summer Fruits (HexB) Coffee throughout the day (HexA)

Lunch: Leftovers from tea the night before (spicy raise with sweet and spicy meatballs)

Dinner: Went out for dinner with my Mum and tried to make the best choice possible by having a vegetarian bean chilli with boiled rice, no idea of calories or syns but will give 6 for oil? Had about 5 or 6 chips from my Mums plate and had one to many licks of the spoon when making my peanut butter sauce for lunch today so will account for all 15 syns being used…

Syns: 15 (?)

Calories: 1234 (Estimated)

Back