From Slimming World to Rosemary

Hello fellow 'RC-ers'!

I joined a RC class this week after doing SW for 5 weeks. I found SW very easy but I was doing it alone at home and found that the weight loss was quite slow. I've joined RC with a couple of friends who have done it before and rave about it.

I really enjoyed the zumba workout and everyone in class was great.... BUT..... What a shock the following day to see what I had to eat for the next 2 wks.... or more to the point... What I COULDN'T eat! :sigh: AND no alcohol? :eek:

Could someone please, please, reassure me that it's going to be worth it in the end... I'm so used to eating unlimited fruit and veg (and everything else you can have on SW) that I'm finding just having 10 cherries very difficult, all I can think of is flaming food all the time :( and I'm only on day 2! Hahahahha....

Someone inspire me please ;)

SGF

I found the first two weeks the hardest but it is worth sticking to it because it gives you a kick start and it is only for two weeks.....
You can still eat unlimited vegetables but not fruit but that is probably because it is a low GI diet and fruit can be high in GI.
Good luck, I hope it goes well for you

i think you will find in the first 2 weeks you cant eat unlimited veg as in the little book it gives you measurments of veg apart from the odd one or 2

I follow RC online and after reading the forums on there, it seems if you do really find the first 2 weeks a struggle you can skip them and go to 1400 cals. Yes, you may not have a boost to start with, but if it means you stick to the diet longer then it is worth it.

I started RC in February. At the time, I was obese (BMI over 30). The first two weeks were horrible! I realise now that I was very dependent on comfort eating and junk food.

Now I'm only three pounds away from goal weight and my taste buds have changd completely - instead of chocolate and cakes, I prefer to snack on fruit or oat bars. If I eat fatty foods, my stomach can't cope with them any more and I feel sick. Other class memebrs have also found this - your body changes so that it can't process high fat levels any more. I'm also addicted to exercise, having previously been a couch potato.

It can be hard at the start, but stick with it, because you will get results! you will be slimmer and able to wear lots of lovely new clothes. And also your health will improve. I've reduced my asthma medication and I don't get acid reflux any more. It also reduces the risk of diabetes as you lose weight. Go for it - you won't believe how it can transform your life!

The only word of warning is that, if you are a comfort eater, following a plan like this can bring up the buried feelings to the surface and you need to find another way of dealing with them. I've been talking more to friends and putting all my frustrations etc into my workouts. Other people may prefer keeping a diary or counselling.

I hope this helps.

I am also a former SW dieter and I know how you feel about the change over, the first two weeks are the worst but it the weight losses are good, now I am getting used to weighing food and looking at the calorific and fat content
Give yourself time to adjust and it will get easier

Good luck

Thanks guys....

I suppose if you want a good weight loss in the first couple of weeks you have to stick with it. No pain, no gain and all that! ;)

I'm finding myself looking through the menus for the meals that give you the most food just so I can get that 'full' feeling. I guess it doesn't help coming straight off SW with no counting, weighing and calories...

I will stick with it, albeit with a few tweaks here and there ;) You all seem to have done really well. I have to do it, as I am also doing this for my health - High blood pressure, high cholestrol, 4st overweight, 'at that time of life' etc! I think I'm having a mid-life crisis! Hahaha...

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, I'll let you know how I get on at the weigh in next Monday... Whether you are interested or not! Hahaha...

Cheers

SGF

Did you get the portion pots when you joined ? I think they are a godsend when you have to weigh things because they make it so easy.
I can also thoroughly recommend the spicy mexican beef recipe in the new mag, it is really filling and tastes really good

I also used to do Slimming World and found my losses to be slow. Anything from 0.5lb to 1lbs a week is what I was losing.

When I joined Rosemary Conley I admit I thought I was going to be starving following the plan after doing Slimming World.
I did find the first 2 weeks a little bit restrictive & the odd days I did slightly go over my calories.... but I lost 3lbs in my first week so was over the moon.

I also did the Solo Slim Diet trial one week and again lost 3lbs and a total of 10 inches from my body.

Rosemary Conley plan is totally different to Slimming World, although I love both plans I do find Rosemarys easier, especially when eating out and also out food shopping, rather than worrying what syns something might be I can now just look at the labels and see the cals/fat content and know right away if its good or not :)

And although I do love cooking, Its nice with Rosemary that you can still buy ready meals or grab a sandwich or wrap etc and still be within plan when in a rush. I hated having to syn things like this when doing Slimming World.

xxx

Well, I'm into the 2nd week...... I managed a 5lb loss on week one, which I was well chuffed with as by last weekend the wine had made an appearance and I gave in to my cravings of a couple of 'real' portion meals! ;)

Yes, you were right, I am getting used to working out calories etc and the smaller portions. I have got the portion pots but after measuring out my Special K, I thought I'd weigh it too out of curiosity and it was 8g short! :O
So now I've taken to weighing things to get my full calorie allowance! ;)

I got the magazine and thought the Mexican Beef sounded good... I made it with chicken though and yes, it was lovely. Highly recommended. I also made the cod with red pepper houmous which was ok... not as nice as the chicken though.

I don't feel as 'pee'ed off' with it this week so your kind and helpful comments have obviously pushed me in the right direction.... and for that... I thank you :)

Cheers

SGF

Back