From the other side....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by 212degrees, 24 January 2011 Social URL.

1. 212degrees

212degrees 112lbs lost - 28 to go!

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(25.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all! Quick background: I've lost a total of 8 st 4 lbs over the past year or so, mainly on the Cambridge Diet. I have 1st 4lbs to get to my goal of 11st but am really struggling with side effects this time round on CD.

Just wondering if i switched across to SW (which i was planning to do when i hit my goal to maintain my shiny new weight) how long do you think (roughly because i know everyone is different) to lose that last 26lbs?

i've tried SW before and had reasonable results so would very much like to consider coming back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stefanie

Stefanie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(24.08%)
    Hi there and well done on your weight loss so far. I have lost 21 pounds so far and it took me around 3.5 months - that was with a 2 week break over Christmas and a sts due to being away on holiday - so realistically you could do it within 3 months xx

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I think its something to bear in mind that if you have come from a VLCD to a 'standard' healthy eating plan again - your metabolism may take a while to adjust to eating again and not having the food replacement shakes.

My friend did a switch and for the first month lost hardly anything - so dont be dispondant if this happens to you as well.

x

5. MrsPeachyPants

MrsPeachyPants Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.34%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Well done on your weight loss so far! I'm sure your goal is achievable xx

6. 212degrees

212degrees 112lbs lost - 28 to go!

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(25.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    great thanks guys! gonna give it a bit of thought and maybe join whe ni have a stone left to lose. gives me time to do my homework and gradually make the transition across. I'm already on the step 2 plan on cambridge where you are reintroducing food so if i continue with this for a few more weeks and gradually build up it might make it a bit easier to follow something like SW without too much of a hiccup. :) good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.