From WW to SW

Beautifullily

Hello there. I'm a newbie to slimming world and have been going for 6 weeks now. Have done WW really successfull in the past (losing 3.5 stone) but struggled to use WW to maintain. So for a change am trying SW to lose 1.5 stones or thereabouts.

Not sure which diet I prefer at the moment!

Hi, welcome and good luck on your journey. I have tried both in the past and must admit that I much prefer slimming world. Lot less fuss, encourages you to eat better and don't have to count everything. That's my personal opinion anyway. Good luck xx

Thanks, I think I do prefer SW, certainly for the day to day, however I found WW easier when I was away for the weekend or planning a big night out.i think SW will be easier to maintain in the long run.

I'm trying SW for the first time after having been on WW many times in the past. Although WW does work well, I'm finding SW easier plus I'm not thinking about food all the time. Even when we go out for a meal I'm quite happy to have steak, salmon, chicken or gammon with a jacket pot & salad or veg. (Even managing to avoid the butter in my pot! )

Good luck with your weight loss.

X

Bobbi.T said:
I'm trying SW for the first time after having been on WW many times in the past. Although WW does work well, I'm finding SW easier plus I'm not thinking about food all the time. Even when we go out for a meal I'm quite happy to have steak, salmon, chicken or gammon with a jacket pot & salad or veg. (Even managing to avoid the butter in my pot! )

Good luck with your weight loss.sier

X

Hi hun i defo find it alot easier like u say when im on ww i just feel hungry all the time coz i constantly have to think about food im defo stickin with sw x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

10lb lost in 7weeks (may have been more if it hadn't been for Easter and may day BH!!) going to try and lose 2lb a week for the next couple of weeks before I go to Florida at the end of the month.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Good luck to you all also.

Hello there. I'm a newbie to slimming world and have been going for 6 weeks now. Have done WW really successfull in the past (losing 3.5 stone) but struggled to use WW to maintain. So for a change am trying SW to lose 1.5 stones or thereabouts.

Not sure which diet I prefer at the moment!

Hello there!

I have just started WW's... I did SW many eons ago.... I was interested in your comment about finding it hard to maintain on WW's. Why was that please? I am eager to gather as much knowledge as possible, in order to make sure I maintain properly in the end...any input would be much appreciated from you or anyone else out here... Annie :D

Hello there!

I have just started WW's... I did SW many eons ago.... I was interested in your comment about finding it hard to maintain on WW's. Why was that please? I am eager to gather as much knowledge as possible, in order to make sure I maintain properly in the end...any input would be much appreciated from you or anyone else out here... Annie :D
Hi Annie

In principal it should be easy to maintain on WW, you just up your daily points allowance. However I found that after awhile I got fed up with point counting, I wanted to stop having to think about food all the time and just lost control a bit. To put it into perspective I lost 3.5st in about 7 months and gained 1.5st back over 2 years. I'm not sure I'm the sort of person who is able to completely maintain their weight, I enjoy wine and food too much, I don't ever plan on putting back on 3.5st so I think my strategy is just to keep myself in check every couple of years. Hence being back on SW, I fancied a change and the weigh in night suited my diary. I hope that helps, good luck with your weight loss

Hi Annie

In principal it should be easy to maintain on WW, you just up your daily points allowance. However I found that after awhile I got fed up with point counting, I wanted to stop having to think about food all the time and just lost control a bit. To put it into perspective I lost 3.5st in about 7 months and gained 1.5st back over 2 years. I'm not sure I'm the sort of person who is able to completely maintain their weight, I enjoy wine and food too much, I don't ever plan on putting back on 3.5st so I think my strategy is just to keep myself in check every couple of years. Hence being back on SW, I fancied a change and the weigh in night suited my diary. I hope that helps, good luck with your weight loss

Hi Fay, yes, that helps...thanks for your input! :D I guess, it can get tedious counting points all the time.... I am hoping after a long time of counting (by the time I am done losing it will be towards to the end of next year, I hope) , I'll be able to magically count in my head! Lol! x

Annie2012 said:
Hi Fay, yes, that helps...thanks for your input! :D I guess, it can get tedious counting points all the time.... I am hoping after a long time of counting (by the time I am done losing it will be towards to the end of next year, I hope) , I'll be able to magically count in my head! Lol! x

I think you probably will! You'll probably be counting in your sleep!

I think you probably will! You'll probably be counting in your sleep!

I already do....no...I just keep tracking and tracking...that's all I ever do! lol!

Back