From WW to SW

Cobra

Silver Member
Hi all,

a friend has asked me to start SW with her, as I am just not loosing on ww.... no matter how good I am, I joined WW in Oct 2011, and lost 7 lbs from Oct to May, so no it wasn't working for me.

So I am starting SW tomorrow morning, sort of dreading Wi as I haven't been to a WI for 4 weeks, as I totally lost my mojo, but it can't be as bad as when I first started WW in Oct. (hopefully anway)

I have done SW before, and I really struggled to get it, but I am hoping that a different club will be better than the last one I went to !..

I am going on holiday in 10 weeks, and I really really want to be down the next dress size !!

And I desperatly want to get into the next stone bracket ... 14 to 13.

One thing that stopped me doing SW previously was the fact that I was limited to the amount of Coffee I had, ( drink it all day)... I did have 2 sugars in my brew, and I am pleased that I am now on sweetner, though it has taken 6 months of gradual swapping to get there, I only drink Skimmed Milk, so surely it can't be that bad can it ??

Lisa xx

As far as I know you can drink as much coffee as you like. You can use milk as your Healthy Extra A (can't remember the amount, but it'll be in your book) and anything over your HEXA allowance, you syn at 1/2 syn per dash of milk.

I'm on week 6 and have lost 10lbs, which I'm really pleased with. It took me a few weeks to get my head 'round the plan, because I felt like I was eating way too much (because there's hardly any counting compared to WW), but you just have to trust the plan, because it really works!

Good luck! xx

Good luck!

It's quite hard to get out of the habit of point counting everyhing but very refreshing.

I think you can have 450mls of skimmed milk as your healthy extra a so that will be plenty for many cups of coffee.

Have you tried green tea? I had to cut down on tea and coffee after getting a minor kidney stone. I have switched most of my brews to that after discovering I really quite like it! It allegedly helps weight loss too, but I can't be certain how much if at all as I was already losing weight when I started drinking it!

Hi cobra. Like you I have been a WW girl on and off over the years but my recent attempts on their new plan have been dismal so have switched to SW with first weigh in two days ago. I think I will get to grips with it but feels very strange eating unlimited amounts of things. Think I'm overheating a bit cos feel a bit bloated so hoping that settles down over time. Good luck

Oops that should have said over eating not over heating. Though my hubbie does call me an old boiler!!!

I found it hard to start with getting used to not weighing and counting points!! If your coffee concern is to do with your milk allowance can you not reduce the amount of coffee used in a cup and add less milk?

I like the fact that ww has taught me portion control/sizes and if you take that forward into your sw era then it will help loads

Good luck and hope you enjoy

Thanks all :)

I have tried green tea... deffo not for me !! took me months to get onto sweeteners, can't imagine how long it would take for me to get onto green tea..

I have just ordered ... I can't actually believe that I have but its called a Hypno gastric band, Ive got it on download, so Ill be able to use it when I go to bed.

I saw someone on this forum had got one, and with positive results, well it cost me £17.99 so it's not a huge financial investment, so it won't kill me if it doesn't work, but Im going to start listening to it tonight, if anything it will get me to sleep lol

Bit anxious about going to the new meeting tomorrow, as I know that I am going to have to do loads of reading, to get the understanding of the diet, but its a step in the right direction no matter what

Lisa xx

It seems a lot to take in to start with but please persevere as its really very very easy once you've got your head around it.

The other tea which I like is roibos or redbush (same thing). Tetley's even do a version now that you can get in all the big supermarkets. It's quite mild. Also don't worry too much about the reading involved you'll get to grips with it soon enough. I quite enjoy researching a new diet...maybe that's why I've tried so many!!!

The other tea which I like is roibos or redbush (same thing). Tetley's even do a version now that you can get in all the big supermarkets. It's quite mild. Also don't worry too much about the reading involved you'll get to grips with it soon enough. I quite enjoy researching a new diet...maybe that's why I've tried so many!!!

Lol, thats my problem too ! I want to research all the information, and know everything about the diet before I even get there !

Lisa xx

Hi peacefully totally agree with you. Have done WW for years on and off and have just started SW.it seems strange not counting points and also feel I'm eating way too much. Weigh in next week so here's hoping. If it works it will be great lol. Good luck with your weigh in.

Feeling a little despondent this morning as I had a sneaky WI after 3 days and STS since first weigh in on Tuesday. Good job I bought 12 weeks cos I think I might be in for a long haul. Feeling very bloated.

Also, bear in mind that you haven't just drastically changed your eating habits, you have switched plan, from one healthy eating programme to another, so your losses the first week are unlikely to be as drastic as someone embarking on a healthy eating plan directly from a high fat diet. Dom is right, if you haven't gained any weight, then the bloat isn't a result of a weight gain, it's probably just your body adjusting to the changes you are making.

Trust the official weigh in. What your body does isn't what your brain is wanting it to do, it will lose at its own pace. You cannot will yourself thinner, you just have to give this a go and see the results as they happen.

ETA, not that your willpower isn't important, it keeps you doing what you are doing. But it's an indirect power, rather than a direct one.

Cobra said:
Hi all,

a friend has asked me to start SW with her, as I am just not loosing on ww.... no matter how good I am, I joined WW in Oct 2011, and lost 7 lbs from Oct to May, so no it wasn't working for me.

So I am starting SW tomorrow morning, sort of dreading Wi as I haven't been to a WI for 4 weeks, as I totally lost my mojo, but it can't be as bad as when I first started WW in Oct. (hopefully anway)

I have done SW before, and I really struggled to get it, but I am hoping that a different club will be better than the last one I went to !..

I am going on holiday in 10 weeks, and I really really want to be down the next dress size !!

And I desperatly want to get into the next stone bracket ... 14 to 13.

One thing that stopped me doing SW previously was the fact that I was limited to the amount of Coffee I had, ( drink it all day)... I did have 2 sugars in my brew, and I am pleased that I am now on sweetner, though it has taken 6 months of gradual swapping to get there, I only drink Skimmed Milk, so surely it can't be that bad can it ??

Lisa xx

I too have swapped from ww but stopped at atkins and slimfast shakes along the way not one of my best ideas because i have discovered crash diets really do not work ww Is where i initially lost Alot of weight but longterm was not good for me as i started to obsess over food and made myself ill so had a break from it all tried some crash diets then started my New healthy lifestyle with slimming world there are no quick fixes but this is working for me slow and steady losses now the bulk of my weight Has gone but im still going down on the scales which Is fab sw ee Is the best decision i ever made

I would never wi mid week, as I don't know many people who have seen positive results.... and if they do, then I have seen people relax, and then you have to take into account the fact that everyone elses scales will show different weights... hence why I love going to my grans, as hers say Im 2 stone lighter!! they are pre-historic scales tho, but she won't get rid of em lol.

I think if you are going to wi mid week, you should do it on the same scales, on the same day, at the same time every week...

Well, anyway, I have been to my first meeting today, and my last wi was on the 9th May at weight watchers, so its been 5 weeks, and I am 1lb less .... it will more than likely be that they are different scales and it is a different day and time, but Im just glad that I have not put on any weight in the 5 weeks.

So I now have my pack, I will be reading through it all tonight and planning my meals for the week, as my target that I have set for myself is the next stone bracket... so I am 14.4 1/2 now, so 5 lbs would take me to 13.12 1/2.... I have wanted to reach this since last October when I joined WW, but I have a good feeling, that I am going to loose this 5lbs in the next 3 weeks at most...

Lisa xx

Back