Fromage frais

Louiangel

I have a big pot of fromage frais and never had it before so can anyone help with any ideas?

You can use either as a desert or savoury.

Have it with fruit or you can use it to make a creamy savoury sauce so I do red days steak, mushroom onions stock rosemary and then reduce let stock cool a little then stir through a spoon of fromage frais.

For desert you can do cherries, layer with fromage frais add a drop of almond essence n top with a little chocolate flake sprinkled be about 1 syn for the sprinkles

I have a big pot of fromage frais and never had it before so can anyone help with any ideas?

I have it with fruit instead of yogurt, add it to soups, curries, pasta sauce etc instead of cream.

Just be sure to double check it's a syn free one before you devour the whole tub! Or know how many syns it is

cook some quorn pieces in passata, chopped tomatoes, herbs mushroom etc in the oven in a shallow oven proof dish.

boil some pasta, mix well in the fat free fromage frais and then just lay the mixture on top of the quorn/tomato mixture.

give it a sprinkling of cheese and stick under the grill until bubbling x

I use mine as savoury. I make my SW free Chilli extremely hot with lots of hot chilli powder and bird's eye chillis, so the Fromage frais is a cooling and delicious free alternative to soured cream. I eat quite a lot of SW chilli so I have no trouble using up the big tub :)

Back