Frozen muiller yoghurts yuck!

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I tried this wasn't that keen unlessI did it wrong?

Was looking at the slimming world website, there was a lovely sounding dessert suggested. Maltesers, tofee mullerlight and fat free youghurt, all mixed up and frozen, looks lush. And apparently only 5 sins for a batch. Might try that one!

That does sound lush!Maybe that was what was wrong, it was all icy even when out of the freezer for 5 mins it was disgusting just chucked it lol

Im a bit of a dessert fiend, and have found the slimming world dessert recipe book super useful. Lots of quark and gelatine! Im well stocked up!! Another idea i found on the webite is gently warming up vanilla mullerlight to make it a free alternative to custard!! Interesting!!! There loads of ideas, didn't know which way to turn!!!

my husband threw out my dessert recipe book that came with the magazine.I was so mad with him as you can imagine...a woman not getting as much sweet/chocolate as she wants I freaked lol

that could be why it was yuck lol

I hated it too.
Tonight i had a friend over for dinner and served icecream for dessert. I put a big dollop of fromage frais in my bowl with half a scoop of toffe icecream on top and mixed it all together was YUM (still about 5 syns depending on the ice cream but felt like a bigger serving of ice cream)

I think they are revolting frozen and I got ill one time after eating one that I had frozen!

I agree, its funny how we all have different tastes.....

Yeah, I believe you have to keep stiring it - or it will form ice crystals and all go a bit wrong.
I haven't tried this yet - but will give it a go when we get more Mullers and let you all know how it goes!

I tried this from the little recipe book and mixed it every half hour and it was like icicles!! I tried it before it was frozen and it was lovely but once frozen was really yuck!! It just tasted like muller light flavoured ice!!

to freeze yoghurt, you really have to take it out every 20 mins and stir to prevent ice crystals. You should also serve once it is at a frozen soft serve texture (if that makes sense) otherwise it will just be rock hard.

The best yoghurt to use for make frozen yoghurt is the greek kind, as it is a better texture.

I mixed a good tbsp of Quark with a mullerlight the other day and froze it (keep stirring every 20/30 mins) for a couple of hours and it was delicious - just like the consistency and creaminess of a mini milk and free! xx

Back