Frozen tetras

BIG BIRDY

Silver Member
one word;

yuk.

or two;

double yuk.

Actually that should be ' yak ', cos I nearly did.

Nooooo, they are lovely. I have every day for lunch - I am eating a chocolate one now!

I take it out of the freezer first thing in the morning and put it in the fridge and it is just off frozen by the time lunch comes. I can then spend up to an hour sucking it up the straw. I reckon I'm using a couple of hundred calories in suck-strength LOL

I love the chocolate on e frozen have one every day..

Not keen on the nana one though

Last week I read about how to make a chocolate mousse. However, I had a go...one chocolate tetris mixed with a spoon of gelatine mix...blended together and hey ho....all that happened is the gelatine clogged and the mousse didn't set....Anyone know what I did wrong???

The tetra has to be icy cold, then whizz it all togather. Put it in the freezer for 15 mins afterwards, then it should be great. The trick is to make it very cold.

Last week I read about how to make a chocolate mousse. However, I had a go...one chocolate tetris mixed with a spoon of gelatine mix...blended together and hey ho....all that happened is the gelatine clogged and the mousse didn't set....Anyone know what I did wrong???

Yup! not enough mixing I'm afraid

It needs a lot of whizzing. the gelatine IS cold water soluble but it need a lot of encouragement.
when making a mousse from a shake the best results are achieved as follows:

1) mix the shake & gelatine powders together dry.
2) add to cold water
3) whizz for a good minute
4) then whizz a bit more just in case.
5) 10-15 mins in the fridge
6) enjoy a thick firm well aerated mousse.Yum

My guess with the tetra is that theres the risk, as you found, of the gelatine forming a claggy blob rather than dissolving. Could you try adding it slowly whilst whizzing?

Q: why did you use the tetra to try & make the mousse?

Hope this helps.

I love 'em both. I was really surprised but they are fab frozen. I sometimes put the chocolate one in the freezer for an hour and it gets really thick and takes ages to drink.

i use choc tetra to make a mousse all the time now - and I've never had that problem.

could you tell me your technique please.
(pretty please)

Q: why did you use the tetra to try & make the mousse?

Hope this helps.

Jane I've used both to make the mousse, and the tetra deffo makes it more decadent and rich. I can drink the tetras and make mousse with them, but frozen. Yak!

Ah! of course, silly me.
Smooth as silk...got it.

Can I suggest this to my clients?
How much whizzing does it need?
do you put the gelatine in all at once or sprinkle it in slowly?

thanks. will give it a go !

Back