Frozen vegetables

KDogg_

Possibly a daft question...

It's getting cold, and I want some cosy homemade soups etc like my mum used to make!!
Due to working insane shifts I want to dust off the slow cooker, however, (here's the question) how well do frozen veg cook in a slow cooker? Anybody tried?
It's cheaper and easier for me to buy and use frozen veg due to my shifts you see.

Thanks in advance guys ^_^ x

Frozen veggies will be fine to use in the slow cooker - just make sure they are completely defrosted before you use them.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember, but probably as I put frozen sweetcorn in everything lol

I imagine frozen veg would just defrost slowly in the slow cooker. Only problem I can think of is that if a lot of water comes out of them when they defrost, your dish could end up watery as there is nowhere for steam to escape to.

I cook peas, sweetcorn and baby carrots and they turn out fine. Haven't tried broccoli, sprouts or cauliflower which I think contain a lot of water when frozen. Trial and error I guess, maybe you could just lessen the water a bit. (lessen, thats gotta be bad english and grammer, tuttut!)

K x

i wouldve said the same your dish would be quite watery. i always use frozen mushrooms onions and peppers. i am so lazy lol

Back