Frozen Yogurt in an Ice Cream Maker

soshbfly

Silver Member
Thought I'd post this as it was asked in one of the diaires. I made this one (it definitely takes practice!) and also a modified one with plain non-fat yogurt, 3 teaspoons of coffee granules in a few drops of boiling water, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a drop of caramel extract with Splenda to taste. My goodness was it GOOD!!!! Am trying next one using Crystal Light (for anyone in USA) to flavour - will see how that one goes :)
Ingredients
1 large tub of fat-free natural yoghurt (500g)
3 teaspoons of sugar-free jelly (I used Hartley’s strawberry flavoured)
3 tablespoons of boiling water

Let’s get cooking
1. First of all, place the boiling water and the sugar-free jelly powder in a small bowl and mix well until the jelly has completely dissolved and there are no lumps stuck to the bottom of the bowl. Let the mixture cool down for two minutes
2. Place the yoghurt and the jelly syrup in a food processor and combine together. If you haven’t got a food processor, you can also do this using a spoon but be careful to mix the two very well together otherwise you will end up with big lumps of solid jelly in your frozen yoghurt. This is the basic recipe for your frozen yoghurt.

If you have an ice cream machine

3. Pour the yoghurt and jelly mixture into your ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. It shouldn’t take more than an hour to obtain smooth and guilt-free frozen yoghurt

Back