Puddings Fruit cake from taster day.

Bunnylush

Gold Member
As this today in class,oh it's gorgeous. will be lovely for Xmas ;)

The size and look was quite like soreen loaf size slice,but so moist and tasty!

Fruit cake
1.5 syn per slice

1 lb mixed fruit. Soak n half pint cold tea for two hours
6 oz wholemeal sr flour
1tsp baking powder
1 beaten egg

Mix alternately flour and eggs
Into fruit mix,
Put in greased 2 lb loaf tin
Bake for 1.5 hours 140

Well scrap the above really, as I've sat and synned it myself and cannot fathom how the lady reduced this to 1.5 syns per slice. As I get the while cake at 91.5 syns decided by 1.5 slice = 61 slices from one cake? Don't think so! I've emailed my Con with my calculations.

Fruit cake
1.5 syn per slice

1 lb mixed fruit. Soak n half pint cold tea for two hours. 16oz x 4 = 64 syns
6 oz wholemeal sr flour 6x4.5 = 27 syns
1tsp baking powder. 0.5. Syns
1 beaten egg

Mix alternately flour and eggs
Into fruit mix,
Put in greased 2 lb loaf tin
Bake for 1.5 hours 140

64. Syns
27 syns
0.5 syns
= 91.5. Syns for whole cake????????????

My calculations work out that you would need to cut 61 slices to make a slice 1.5 syns?

Or has the lady miss calculated her syns? I'm gutted it was so nice?!

Hi,

I know this post was quite a while ago but my consultant brought this in for us to try this week....it was so nice but she told us it was 10 syns for the whole cake...I have to say I'm sceptical...but it was so nice I'd love to make it as no one would know this was a 'diet' cake but I just can't see how she can say this is so low syn.

Did your consultant reply to you about this and confirm the syns?

Has anyone else had this and do they know the syns 100%. I want to be sure before I make is as I'd hate to eat it and find out it has more syns than expected and help on this would be great x

StarGir1 said:
Hi,

I know this post was quite a while ago but my consultant brought this in for us to try this week....it was so nice but she told us it was 10 syns for the whole cake...I have to say I'm sceptical...but it was so nice I'd love to make it as no one would know this was a 'diet' cake but I just can't see how she can say this is so low syn.

Did your consultant reply to you about this and confirm the syns?

Has anyone else had this and do they know the syns 100%. I want to be sure before I make is as I'd hate to eat it and find out it has more syns than expected and help on this would be great x

No! Lol, well she agreed with my mumblings, but it's a sweet old lady from morning class who makes them, so I don't think she wanted to upset her. Needless to say I didn't eat any of the second cake bought to the jubilee party ;)
Ask her for the recipe, then work out the syns like I did? Omg the fruit cake was flipping gorgeous :(

Aww bless her :) I don't blame you for not eating the second. My recipe is the same as yours and I have come up with similar syns to you and there is no way I'd be able to cut if up in to small enough pieces to make it worthwhile. I have alredy soaked my fruit overnight so I'll finish making it but I may give it to someone as a gift haha :) I've sent a text to my con this morning and she is going to look in to it and come back to me, as soon as I have an update I'll post it on here.

It was just so nice I hope somehow we're both wrong and it is 10 syns for the whole cake as I would love to eat some of it x

Sadly as expected it was too good to be true.

Have heard back and this is more like 90 syns for the whole cake rather than 10!! Such a shame as it was lovely but not nice enough to ruin my weight loss.

I hope that not that many people have been caught out with this as it seems to be doing the rounds within groups x

Last edited:
StarGir1 said:
Sadly as expected it was too good to be true.

Have heard back and this is more like 90 syns for the whole cake rather than 10!! Such a shame as it was lovely but not nice enough to ruin my weight loss.

I hope that not that many people have been caught out with this as it seems to be doing the rounds within groups x

Well I must be a control freak, because I like to work out the syns in anything alien I'm eating lol, so if others don't check it's there look out ;) x

Back