Fruit Tea

dreamer85

Hi guys, me again with another random little question!

Are fruit teas ok? i drink a lot of green tea (psychological as i think i will shed tons of weight lol) and decided to mix it up and bought some fruit teas aswell. they come in really yummy flavours but it dawned on me that i may be at risk of stalling myself by having them!

they are the twinings fruit teas and according to the pack have 0.3g of carbs and trace sugars... i know the answer is screaming me in the face but i like a bit of clarification sometimes :eek:

I would think having a couple a day at that carb level would be ok. Watch out for citric acid as i think that may go into any lemony type teas and can stall some people. But otherwise unless there's something else in it I don't know about, I see no harm. Enjoy them x

Thanks cokes!! I didnt even know about citric acid being a staller until i read some posts on here, i used to live off diet coke :| plain water all the way now tho (oh and fruit teas lol)

You can get diet/zero pop without citric acid in. Coke zero I think (check the label). Asda diet/zero/caffiene free all have no citric acid, they also all have the same ingredients so I'm a bit stumped as to why they label them differently- I just found this out yesterday when looking at the labels. I think one of sainsburys range has no citric either but again I'm not sure so check the label. Still best to glug the water but I have one coke a day/ every other day for a change :)

Tesco do a citric acid free diet coke too - by Sunsip. Plus you could always try some of the still waters with a hint of fruit - I know Tesco and Sainsbury have some with no citric acid in. At least it rings the changes a little!

Back