Fruitarian.....???

Anyone here ever tried a fruitarian diet? or no of someone who has?

Basically you eat only fruits,nuts,seeds... when hungry until satisfied

I was reading up on it and see if causes 'severe weightloss'

just curious

Ive heard of fruitarians, they are like vegetarians but they will only eat fruit if it has fallen from a tree, in other words they wont eat any fruit that has been picked. The fruit has to have been detached without any human interference!
Never heard of the diet tho. My cousin once only ate fruit and her teeth started to get sore because the acid was eroding the enamel. Doesnt sound to healthy to me!

Never been on an official fruitarian diet, but fruit and veg do make up the bulk of what I eat. I know that's not ideal, but I love them so much and it's tough for me to try to cut down on my intake. Today I had 450g strawberries, 200g raspberries, 6 apricots, a peach, 2 mandarins, a banana, 3 passionfruit and 100g lychees. For veg, I had 500g broccoli, 150g spring onions, 2 baby gem lettuces, a quarter of a cucumber, a red bell pepper, 250g baby plum tomatoes, 100g baby beets, 100g mangetout, and half a jar of midget gherkins.

It looks pretty darn excessive when you commit it to paper, doesn't it?! But, hey, I guess there's worse things I could eat... I know because I used to eat them! :p

Back