Frustrated - quit class or not?

debtin

Gold Member
hi everyone - just wanted your opinion on this. I have been going to class for 6 weeks now and have lost 6.5lbs (really frustrating as i wanted my 7lb badge last night). I dont have a lot of weight to lose, in fact probably less than half a stone more to go. My first gripe is the woman at class who weighs us has now said to me "you dont need to lose weight anyway" whenever i mention losing weight slowly...now maybe i am being sensitive but what has it got to do with her? if that is the case SW should stop taking my money BUT it is them who have my target weight 3lb below "my target" weight so what is that all about? Also i feel like they take your money and that is it - cant stay for class as have my little girl with me-but no effort is ever made by leader to ask how iam getting on etc etc. I was going to stay one week to see how little one behaved but leader said she wouldnt start talking til 6ish when class starts at 530pm? all that aside i am wondering whether to invest in some scales and save myself £5 per wee. If i did would it be best to weigh in morning and on same day as now? what do others do to stay motivated? sorry for the rant, am just feeling as though its an uphill struggle to get anywhere though at least i am still losing albeit slowly. Seems as though the less strict i am the more i lose? am i just rambling now??

debtin said:
hi everyone - just wanted your opinion on this. I have been going to class for 6 weeks now and have lost 6.5lbs (really frustrating as i wanted my 7lb badge last night). I dont have a lot of weight to lose, in fact probably less than half a stone more to go. My first gripe is the woman at class who weighs us has now said to me "you dont need to lose weight anyway" whenever i mention losing weight slowly...now maybe i am being sensitive but what has it got to do with her? if that is the case SW should stop taking my money BUT it is them who have my target weight 3lb below "my target" weight so what is that all about? Also i feel like they take your money and that is it - cant stay for class as have my little girl with me-but no effort is ever made by leader to ask how iam getting on etc etc. I was going to stay one week to see how little one behaved but leader said she wouldnt start talking til 6ish when class starts at 530pm? all that aside i am wondering whether to invest in some scales and save myself £5 per wee. If i did would it be best to weigh in morning and on same day as now? what do others do to stay motivated? sorry for the rant, am just feeling as though its an uphill struggle to get anywhere though at least i am still losing albeit slowly. Seems as though the less strict i am the more i lose? am i just rambling now??

Firstly well done on your loss! That's a nice steady amount-especially if you don't have a lot to lose!
You and you alone set your target-SW so not set it for you, so maybe just double check that one with your C!
Class will always begin 30'mins before image therapy as they use the first half
Hour for weighing in, and new member talk etc-if waiting around is an issue, could you maybe go a bit later to get weighed so you are nearer to the start of IT?
Only you can decide whether you need the actual process of getting weighed at group to keep you focused, what ever you chose there is loads of support available on this forum-it's awesome :)
Good luck whatever you decide x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My first gripe is the woman at class who weighs us has now said to me "you dont need to lose weight anyway" whenever i mention losing weight slowly...now maybe i am being sensitive but what has it got to do with her?

This is what happened to me and my sister at our class, we get it from other members. If i stripped of and came in my bikini they would see im not as slim as they all think. on the surface we may look ok, but on holiday i want to feel comfortable in a bikini. sorry for the rant - when people are like this it really annoys me. I think that slimming world is there for someone that has to loose 5 stone or 5 pounds, they just need help doing it.
my consultant is really good though, and i couldnt do without the group, although, once i get to target im going to attempt going only once a month!
Maybe you could try a different group in the area. good luck! xxx

Firstly well done on your loss! That's a nice steady amount-especially if you don't have a lot to lose!
You and you alone set your target-SW so not set it for you, so maybe just double check that one with your C!
Class will always begin 30'mins before image therapy as they use the first half
Hour for weighing in, and new member talk etc-if waiting around is an issue, could you maybe go a bit later to get weighed so you are nearer to the start of IT?
Only you can decide whether you need the actual process of getting weighed at group to keep you focused, what ever you chose there is loads of support available on this forum-it's awesome :)
Good luck whatever you decide x

Couldn't have said it better :D

I'm really sorry to hear your C isn't be supportive :( its a shame that she's giving SW such a bad impression in your eyes. 1lb a week is a fabulous (and very healthy/sustainable) rate of loss, especially as you don't have a lot to lose, so you should be very proud of your achievement :clap:

Your Target is your business and the person weighing in certainly has no right to judge you (probably jealous :p) obviously you have a least 7lbs to lose otherwise you wouldn't have been accepted - whether its 7stone or 7lbs you should still get the full support of group :grouphugg: otherwise what are you paying for?

Last edited:
i'd mention the comments by the weigher to your consultant. Does she have a phone number you can contact her on? Or maybe an email address if you dont want to confront her personally!

I think your loss is good, given that you don't have much to lose.
However, If you aren't staying to class, and don't find the weigh-in itself supportive I would, personally, stick to using Minimins for support / ideas, and use the £ to do a toning class / DVD or something else more positive instead. If you want a structured weigh-in routine you could always choose a day & time to go to a Boots (they have the scales that you can buy a weighing card at the pharmacy that you can top up when you need it. It records your weigh-in history, and prints it off each time you weigh.)

I've had various SW classes over the years. The one I found the best (for me) closed down, and others I joined when I had different jobs so they were convenient times / places then. Now I'm a supply teacher I don't know when I'll be able to get to class so do it on my own.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and keep up the hard work x

Back