Frustrated with small losses!!!

lyndzi76

Gold Member
I'm getting fed up with small losses :(...I keep expect to jump on the scale at WI and have lost a good loss.

What can I do to boost my weight loss?

Looking at your weight loss, that is how I have been (have done CD before). No rhyme nor reason for it. It seems unfair after 'starving' ourselves doesnt it? I dont even have totm! My thought is that at least its coming off better than at ww, where it was 1/4lb a week. I jest not. So keep up with it, it might take a couple of weeks longer than you plan to, but its better than a couple of months!

I have PCOS could that effect my losses?
I remeber in the past when I have done SW or WW it was a good week if I lost 1lb or STS, so BIG BIRDY you are right. I just get so annoyed at it and think is it worth it to stave myself?!?

But I can not see another way of shifting the weight.

Hun i think your weight loses are fine. You lost well over a stone for the 1st month and your near to a stone on the 2nd month. look at the bigger picture babe your losing over a stone per month which you cant do on any other diet xxxxx
Chin up sweetie you are doing great x

Blimey, 2lb last week and 3lb the week before - I'd be ecstatic if I was losing that much each week. I think you're doing brilliantly - keep it up!

Hi .. I used to have losses like that and it does slow down mid way. Might be an idea to up plans, to ss+ or the 810? Might need extra cals.. Other then that, I got fed up on the low losses so moved onto Sw last week and since wi on Monday already lost another 3lb's, my next wi isn't til Tues and i'd be happy with 4lb loss. Whatever suits you really, everyone is different.

But out of the 2 I'd rather have losses or 3-4 lb a week eating then 2-3lb on shakes. I can see you did sw before, have you tried the new EE plan? Much easier to do and better losses too. Good luck hunix

Blimey, 2lb last week and 3lb the week before - I'd be ecstatic if I was losing that much each week. I think you're doing brilliantly - keep it up!

when it's said like that I know I should be pleased but I have a lot to loose. But I suppose I didn't put all the weight on overnight.
Thanks for the message

Hun i think your weight loses are fine. You lost well over a stone for the 1st month and your near to a stone on the 2nd month. look at the bigger picture babe your losing over a stone per month which you cant do on any other diet xxxxx
Chin up sweetie you are doing great x

I know the overall results are really good it's just other people seem to loose more:0(

Thanks for your support x x

Hi .. I used to have losses like that and it does slow down mid way. Might be an idea to up plans, to ss+ or the 810? Might need extra cals.. Other then that, I got fed up on the low losses so moved onto Sw last week and since wi on Monday already lost another 3lb's, my next wi isn't til Tues and i'd be happy with 4lb loss. Whatever suits you really, everyone is different.

But out of the 2 I'd rather have losses or 3-4 lb a week eating then 2-3lb on shakes. I can see you did sw before, have you tried the new EE plan? Much easier to do and better losses too. Good luck hunix

It is very frustrating!!

I'm going to stick to to ss for 6 days and see if it is a good weight loss.

Not heard of the EE plan??

What's your water in take been like recently hun, I have a very fine balance...If I drink more than 3 litres a day I retain water, and if I drink the minimum I retain water too. It's madness and it took me ages to work the balance out. Try playing about with how much you drink and see if that helps any. xxx

What's your water in take been like recently hun, I have a very fine balance...If I drink more than 3 litres a day I retain water, and if I drink the minimum I retain water too. It's madness and it took me ages to work the balance out. Try playing about with how much you drink and see if that helps any. xxx

To be honest this week has been strange. Some days I've drank 3 liters and others I've struggled to get 2 liters down!!
Think I need to try drinking 3 liters everyday this week and see how I get on. Thanks x x

Definately 3 litres hun.
When i 1st strted CD last July i was drinking just over 2 litres and had very small losses, as soon as i went up to 3 litres i noticed the big loss again

Also are you drinking Briks or sachets? If you are constantly drinking the briks the losses are smaller (i know 3 people who this happened to) The then mixed them with the sachets(becasue you have to use water to make them) and they lost alot more

Hope this helps and good luck xxx

If I remember, last time i got near 12st my losses slowed too. On every diet this has happened. I can maintain quite happily at 12st for years until I start to overeat again. Obviously 12st isnt a healthy weight, so I have to lose another 1.5st minimum! It will come off, but at the rate my body is happy with. I was poor with my fluid intake last week as well, so this week I will up it and see what happens. PCOS sufferers do gain weight easily and hang on to it too. (my daughter has it, so we have read up on it) My Gp prescribed her metformin which helped with the card cravings and she lost some weight as well. The gastric side effects of wind/bloating can be minimised but some people find them hard tp deal with.

Definately 3 litres hun.
When i 1st strted CD last July i was drinking just over 2 litres and had very small losses, as soon as i went up to 3 litres i noticed the big loss again

Also are you drinking Briks or sachets? If you are constantly drinking the briks the losses are smaller (i know 3 people who this happened to) The then mixed them with the sachets(becasue you have to use water to make them) and they lost alot more

Hope this helps and good luck xxx

I drink shakes most of the time but during the week I will have 1 tetra at lunch time.

I'm going to aim for 3 litres everyday this week :)

If I remember, last time i got near 12st my losses slowed too. On every diet this has happened. I can maintain quite happily at 12st for years until I start to overeat again. Obviously 12st isnt a healthy weight, so I have to lose another 1.5st minimum! It will come off, but at the rate my body is happy with. I was poor with my fluid intake last week as well, so this week I will up it and see what happens. PCOS sufferers do gain weight easily and hang on to it too. (my daughter has it, so we have read up on it) My Gp prescribed her metformin which helped with the card cravings and she lost some weight as well. The gastric side effects of wind/bloating can be minimised but some people find them hard tp deal with.

Thanks for the post, I just need to keep up with it and grit my teeth. I know i'm moaning and a loss it great but here we go...!!

Dont feel disheartened hun =- you're doing fab!!
2 stone in 2 months pretty much is bang on and what you'd expect to lose.
I bet you've lost inches too!!
keep focused but perhaps think about switching up to ss+ for a few days as i did that last week and lost 7lb!!!
Good Luck.

Hi Guys,

Well i am very proud of myself but have a few questions i hope you can all help with.

I have been out all day with the hubby and kids to a fun day at my old local pub. Firstly all my old friends were telling me how good i looked. I told them i had put on over a stone and back on my CD. A few friends told me to i dont need to lose anymore. I explained how i was so unhappy with myself and feel my clothes are tight and dont like looking at myself. They understood.
Anyway as i do not have any briks left (only sachets, i could only drink 1 before we went out. I have stuck to it 100% and just got home and had my 2nd shake. I have also had 3 litres of water.

Anyway this is my problem. So far i am on day 4. When i woke up this morning i got on the scales and i have lost 4 1/4 lbs which dont get me wrong i am over the moon with. This takes me to 11st 1 3/4. Even though i have put on here that my target is 10stone, i stopped at 10 st 3 last time as i was happy with the way i looked and didnt want to look too skinny. Anyway i am sitting here thinking Dione what are you doing? You are living on shakes, its making you miserable and you are still craving food. why dont you just have a healthy evening meal????
Now i dont know if this is because there has been a huge gap between shakes or if its because i cant do it anymore. I was contemplating doing shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and then a WW meal or something but i dont know if that is wise or if i am thinking about it for all the wrong reasons.

When i look in the mirror i say to myself NO DIONE stick to it, its only SS for a week, 810 for the 2nd & 3rd week then 1000 after but then a little voice says just eat healthily like WW or SW and lose it gradually

I dont know what to do. Any advice?

I have that little demon sat on my shoulder too. Esp when my friend has lost 12lb in 5 weeks at ww. She is eating and I am not, and she is only 2 weeks behind me. However I know I wouldnt lose on ww, as I have done that before. Think of the cost as well. I expect you have that weeks supply of shakes already. Keep to your plan. That way you have mastered what you set out to do. Food hasnt controlled you. Which is what it has done if you cave in now. Thats how I see it anyway. Ok, WW/SW is probably the better way to go, but for some taking food out of the equation is better for them. It puts them back into control and the driving seat. You have a relatively short way to go.. Ok, listening to your friends is good, with them telling you how good you look now. Girls at work have done the same to me. But I know where I want to be and how I want to look. I am doing this for me and not them.

Thanks Big Birdy

Well i have decided to stick to it. I know you are not supposed to weigh yourself everyday but i got on the scales again this morning and i was impressed. The scales have gone down again which has motivated me to carry on.

I am going to see it through until my WI on Thursday adn tehn see how it goes. I really want to SS for 2 weeks then move up the plans but i am going to take each day as it comes.

Thank you to everyone for all of their kind words and support it really does mean a lot xxxxx

Back