Fry light buttery.

mamabear

I saw this in Asda and thought fantastic, ive been after some 4 ages!!! The only thing is trying 2 now think of something 2 do with it.
Does anyone else use this and if u do what do u use it 4, im having a mental block!!!!!

could you do your SW chips with them?

I have a butter PAM spray which is similar to frylight. It has 0 calories and is yummy.

I use it for spraying over steamed veggies, (gives them a lovely buttery taste), over mashed cabbage with some black pepper. It is great on jacket potatoes, syn free pancakes or anything really where you would use butter, replacing it with the spray.

just to add you only need a very tiny amount too, a couple of sprays is plenty

I agree it is quite buttery!!
I use mine in mash potato, jacket potato, mashed swede . . ive not really used it for much else but its great for all the above ~ when you need the butter taste :)

If I make the pretend cakes (scan-bran or similar) I use it to spray on whatever I'm cooking the mix in.

Other than that I didn't really get on with it much. Too synthetic tasting for me. Others may have had different experiences though so don't let me put you off.

So even though this is 'buttery' its still 0 cals? Is it just a buttery taste or actual butter in it?? I know it's frylight so it can't be all bad, but I'm dubious about eating buttery things lol!

I like to spray my pan I am making my scrambled eggs in with a couple of squirts...delicious.

I use it as I do the "normal" spray. I love it for SW chips. It does have a slighlty chemical taste, but once you get over the initial shock, its very nice and I prefer it to the usual frylight spray.

I'm going to buy some of this... once the snow clears and i can get to town that is

It's great for making SW cakes adds that buttery taste without the calories, I however couldn't stand the smell! It was like really rich toffee catching the back of my throat. But doesn't stop it being fab tho!

I think it was exclusive to Tesco for a very long time, but I saw it in Asda a few weeks ago for the first time.
I've used it for months, and use it all the time, in place of the normal Frylight.
I also have the oriental one, but not too keen on it. And the salad dressing ones are scrummy!
I ♥ frylight!

Frylight Better than Butter tastes like cack.
Frylight Ceasar Dressing tastes like cack.

All hail synning a bit of Flora Extra Light (for Gold Lightest has been annoyingly discontinued)

Frylight Better than Butter tastes like cack.
Frylight Ceasar Dressing tastes like cack.

All hail synning a bit of Flora Extra Light (for Gold Lightest has been annoyingly discontinued)

Well, each to their own :rolleyes:. I've never relied on marg or butter for flavouring anyway, and use it more as a lubricant (!) for cooking. I'd be using Frylight even if I wasn't losing weight. As I am SWing, I don't see the point in syning things I can easily avoid anyway....and as for tasting like cack, I'll have to take your word for it! lol The dressings taste just fine to me :p

LOL I do love the oils, the olive and sunflower, they taste great on chips and eggs.

The butter and salad dressings are a bit too synthetic for me. And I can eat almost anything and will give anything a punt.

But as you say, each to their own :D

Hate them all, far too synthetic. Each to their own. Use my own spray with olive oil in, don't count it. Or my heb for a whole tablespoon full of the stuff.

Tania

Back