Fry light or alternative in new zealand

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Overseas' started by SueLoin, 8 October 2011 Social URL.

1. SueLoin

SueLoin New Member

I Have just started slimming world and I live in new zealand. I can't find fry light in the supermarket. Does anyone know if it is available in new zealand and if not is there an alternative?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. OzzieMoz

OzzieMoz Keep on Truckin'

Start Weight:
    86.7kg
    Current Weight:
    77.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    64.5kg
    Lost(%):
    8.8kg(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't seen Frylite in Australia either. I use ProChef canola cooking spray and when I am behaving myself with the plan, it has worked well.

4. SueLoin

SueLoin New Member

I have a spay rice brand oil, but I thought I may have count syns when I use it?

5. OzzieMoz

OzzieMoz Keep on Truckin'

Start Weight:
    86.7kg
    Current Weight:
    77.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    64.5kg
    Lost(%):
    8.8kg(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Maybe we should allocate a syn or 2 from our allowance each day to account for the spray oil. I don't tend to use all my syns which is perhaps why i have still been able to lose weight, either that or the syn value for a couple of sprays of oil is negligible.

I would just not overthink it too much and see how your weight loss goes using the spray oil you have. If you aren't losing pounds then maybe it might be a factor but if you do lose weight, then obviously it isn't something to worry about.

Suck it and see, I think is the phrase to use!

Good luck anyway! I have to be kind to the kiwis as we have one staying in our house with us at the moment ;)

6. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't find frylight here in France - so I make my own. Frylight is 55.2% fat, so I make up the same ratio using sunflower oil and water. As long as you don't make up too much at a time it seems to keep ok. Just give it a good shake before use.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.