Full English Breakfast (eating out)

BBBNH

hi, i'm planning on eating out at a lovely local bistro/cafe at the weekend.

they do a lovely breakfast and i'm doing a little forward planning and i'm hoping it won't be too high in points, any help would be appreciated on the points value.

2 sausages (really good quality type of sauasages)

2 rashers of bacon (really thick, good quality)

2 eggs scrambled

baked beans

mushrooms

1 piece of toast and small portion of butter.

also, i really enjoy chicken kebabs from local takeaways every now and again, does anyone have a rough idea on the points value in the average chicken kebab? the place i go to gives you a choice of a wrap or a pitta bread.

thanks in advance ;)

A Traditional breakfast from weatherspoons is 25pp because u have to take into account th fat and how they cook it. As for the chicken kebab if u mean shish kebab. Its 12 for regular on pitta no extra sauce or nefing tho

A Traditional breakfast from weatherspoons is 25pp because u have to take into account th fat and how they cook it. As for the chicken kebab if u mean shish kebab. Its 12 for regular on pitta no extra sauce or nefing tho

thank you for replying.

the place i'm going to is an independent, high quality place where everything is cooked to order, so i'm wondering if this might mean that the points might be slightly lower than 25?

i'm going to sound so stupid, but i don't know what shish is??! the chicken kebab i usually get is grilled pieces of chicken breast, served with a pitta, salad and i have some chilli sauce on the side.

Is the chicken breast nrmally on a stick and then they grill it ? And i inu ask them to cook with out oil etc then i would just take standard values for eah item x

Is the chicken breast nrmally on a stick and then they grill it ? And i inu ask them to cook with out oil etc then i would just take standard values for eah item x

yeah, it is. i take it that is a chicken shish?

that's what i will do for the breakfast, thank you.

Yes it is only asked coz they do a chicken doner which is like lamb doner and is ovbiously a lot higher in points :) hope u have a nice breakfast anyway :)

BBBNH said:
thank you for replying.

the place i'm going to is an independent, high quality place where everything is cooked to order, so i'm wondering if this might mean that the points might be slightly lower than 25?

If it's cooked to order, there are couple of things you can do to lower the points value:
1) have your eggs poached, rather than scrambled - that way you know there's no added butter.
2) ask for the mushrooms, bacon and sausages to be grilled rather than fried - then you know there's no extra oil.
3) ask for the fat to be trimmed off the bacon - or just don't eat the fat/rind!

If you do that, you can just count the individual components (although sausages - even good quality ones - tend to be very high). Otherwise, you have to add a lot for all the oil and butter probably added during the cooking process! (Remember to find out what sort of meat the sausages are made of, because that will affect their pp value.)

Oh and also, some places drizzle oil over food when they grill it - remember to ask for it all grilled without oil added, or you'll have to count it!

Back