Funky Mum to Yummy Mum

Funky Mum

Silver Member
I feel like I'm slinking back in with my head bowed with embarrassment.
I lost 30lbs last year with CD and I felt wonderful and happy and started buying clothes off the peg sort of.
I began to struggle with missing food and missing eating with the family, tastes and textures. I decided that I would have a break when we went camping and that was it - I just couldn't find the willpower to stick with it. I tried on and off but within a few days I gave in.
TBF I wasn't in a good place. I have depression and our housing situatoin was tough.
We moved to a bigger house and I've now been put on the highest dose of my medication. I feel much better and I no longer binge. God I ate so much inc several bags of crisps at a time (hiding the wrappers in the sofa :eek: )

Hubby found this link Eating crisps is like drinking oil | Metro.co.uk

Horrific isn't it? We're now finding alternatives for the kids too.

So here I am and weighing 10lbs more than when I started CD the first time :cry::eek:

I can't wait to see the lbs drop off again and there's no way I will make the same mistakes again.
:wave_cry:

Ended up needing a sleep today, and I woke up a bit cranky. I did want to eat 'something' but I had a soup and it soon passed.
I weighed myself just now and I'm down 4lbs already! Woop woop!

Don't feel in the least bit ashamed. There are quite a few of us back here having done it in the past. Part of me thinks that we just don't take it seriously enought the first time round. We see the amazing results and get cocky almost about it. This time round we know what is at stake and also the feeling of gaining again. Hopefully that can help to spur us on to make it a permanet change this time. Good luck with it. And remember you are not the only one in this situation and it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Well done on the 4lbs. Such a good start and a good motivator.

Thank you so much! That's exactly right I did feel like that.
You've done fantasically!!

I had an apple last night, I felt quite sicky so though that might help (and it did) wanted a carrot but they had gone bendy so an apple had to do.
Feeling good today, I can feel a difference, not so bloated, and I feel more confident walking around. maybe its just because I'm doing something about it at last.
Weighed today and lost 5lbs so far

I did too. I got into a size 8 skirt and decided I didn't need to work up the plans and started eating like a monster again. Hopefully I won't do that again when I get back to goal.

It is amazing the difference you feel in only a few days. i am on day 5 at the moment after a few slips and I already feel like my clothes are looser.

Well done for picking an apple over everything else. Good choices are the key.

Welcome back Funky Mum:welcome2:

As Beccubug has said there is nothing to be ashamed about...all anyone can do at any given time is their best especially under difficult circumstances...you are here now and that is the main thing!

Well done on losing 5lbs off already, that is a brilliant start and very motivating mentally.

I am back myself and hope to be at goal around Christmas:fingerscrossed:

Very good article! The photo alone would put you off crisps:sign0137:

'The BHF wants to expose the truth lurking within these foods and to help children and parents make healthier choices,' added Prof Weissberg.
I think the BHF is an excellent campaign as we really do not know what is in some of the food we eat and where it comes from which is just as important.

Good luck with your CD journey and you did very well the last time and I know you will again.

Soooo I didn't end up having a good night last night. I was so tired and ended up having a sleep but then when I got up it was teatime and the smells..... and I was still feeling groggy :(
So I ate a little. *sigh* *smack head*

Today I'm struggling a little too. I'm tired again and I'm stressed out with the kids. I'm also feeling lost with not having food to turn to. Part of me is feeling really strong and then a little part of me is wondering - again - about giving up and eating.
I know if I do I will be miserable but the urge is so strong. I guess its like giving up an addiction.
I've had a couple of carrots to munch on so hopefully that won't do too much damage.

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up eating over the weekend. I felt so tired and just down and alone. Hubby has been doing our bathroom then spent most of yesterday driving to Coventry to pick up his new car. I dont begrudge him at all, he's done so much for us and supported me with my depression, but I want to be spoilt too!
I'm just not finding any 'joy' in anything at the mo and that's where the EPIC FAIL came in. Food is my joy, it lifts me up and hugs me.
I know I shouldn't think like that but its a hard habit to break.
So I'm back to day 1 really.

I've had an up and down day today. I've not given in, but I came close.
I'm feeling very positive right now! :clap:

I think today is going to be a struggle. I have my friend's 2 boys this morning as well as mine and I don't do noise in the morning.
Plus I had to get up at 6.30 so that makes it even longer till breakfast.
I know its my mind screaming for food so I need to be strong. Fight back!

Well after an up and down week I've managed to lose 6lbs! It has spurred me on so I'm aiming for a 100% week.

Hey, how are you getting on? I made it to day 17 100%. are you finding it harder than the first time still? I am.

Hey your doing really well, just keep positive! The first few days all I could think about was food so I know what it's like.
Just think you did it once you can definately do it again! x

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are coping ok.

Back