Funky's Journey Take2

funkystrut

Started Again!:cross:

I was doing great end of last 2010 and went down by 2.5 stone. After xmas I cheated and found it hard to stick to it and gave up. 6 months down the line I have put on all the weight I lost and realised that I am down emotionally, physically, socially and mentally. I thought of doing all sorts of different things to help the weight loss in the interim but nothing helps.....as I have kept on comfort eating.

So...here I am again....started today.

Hoping to bring a change for ever!!

Starting officially today but WI tomorrow as I had to delay a week...very bad chest infection. Fingers crossed for new beginnings!!:):)

Day 2

Having done day 1 am glad I stuck with it. The evening was particularly hard and manage to make an omelette for hubby without diving into it. My journey to good health finally starts.:)

Last edited:
I am now starting properly finally. Went to the pharmacy to get shakes. Tomorrow is my official start day. I was supposed to start last week but they cancelled as the lady who does the WI was away on holiday. I am ok....just feeling really down with my weight. I was 100% for the two days I did last week with my left over shakes from last time and I noticed I lost 4lbs in 2 days. I started eating and I put on 6lbs:eek: in 5 days. I thought I use the time between then and tomorrow to experiment and see how much food effects me. Already I feel sluggish and low energy. Bad hurting more and general moral is down.:break_diet: But tomorrow I will be on my way to a new me!!! These couple of day have shown me that I am really going to have to work really hard towards a better me! Starting with my weight. :)

Day 1
H2O:waterbottle: :checkmark green::waterbottle: :checkmark green::waterbottle: :checkmark green:
100% :checkmark green:

Finally started today. Surprisingly I woke up feeling happier. No sore headed grumpy bear in the morning for a change. I feel I have some energy. Even though I know this road is going to be tough and trying at the best of times. I hope I can maintain same sort of content feeling by the end of the day. At the moment I am feeling that I am glad I decided to get back on LT. It will help me change the way I perceive food for the rest of my life and understand myself better. I have to now let go of my best friend (food) and channel my emotions so that I am more productive and not destructive. Yesterday I tried to correct my mindset towards a good start today. I aired out my feelings with my OH (poor him). Looked at a lot of before and after snap on youtube for inspiration and took lots of snaps of myself so that I can do the same one day and be able to inspire someone else on the same journey to a better world.
I think it worked. As I woke up thinking I feel happy!

Plan
As I work through the day I shall check off my H2O consumption (1ltr H2O = :waterbottle:) . At the end of the day tick off 100%

"It's never too late to become the person you might have been."
- George Elliot

Sooo.....here goes :character00180:

Last edited:
Day 2
H2O:waterbottle: :checkmark green::waterbottle::checkmark green::waterbottle::checkmark green:
100%:checkmark green:

Day time yesterday I was fine and drank loads of water. But by evening I was really feeling hungry and starting to get in a bad mood. I had my last shake...chicken soup and headed to bed. I managed to do a bit of cleaning around to take my mind off food. I was shattered by 9.30pm.

Today's a new day and this morning I have been fine. I thinking of things to do when I get back home after work to keep me occupied and away from the kitchen or any temptation. I still have not started ketosis...I am expecting to take longer as it is my second time.

Generally I feel happier.I know there will be many ups and downs but at least I can't get any lower that I have been so it all upwards and onwards from now on!!

Plan
h2o h2o h2o and a bit of tidying up.

"You are a living magnet. What you attract into your life is in harmony
with your dominant thoughts."
- Brian Tracy

Last edited:
Weekend catchup
Day 3
H2O :waterbottle::D:waterbottle::D:waterbottle::D
100% :D

Day 4
H2O :waterbottle::D:waterbottle::D:waterbottle::D
100% :D

This weekend was up and down. Fri night I consciously made an effort on going for a walk. I just about walked 30mins but my shins were in hurting a lot thus preventing me from stepping properly. I then decided to do what I had not done in a long time since I was home alone. Pamper myself!! I felt achy but relaxed. During the daytime I tried to keep active and spring cleans my makeup and cometic drawer. Amazing how much junk I hoarded. This kept me going. I was also able to make lunch and dinner for my DD. But started getting in a bad mood as soon as I started smelling dinner. I was in a bad mood for most of the evening. Sun morning was in a much happier mood. Went for a walk again and to my surprise I felt less pain in my legs. I manage to do a lot of stretching and came home feeling satisfied that I had done enough exercise. In fact I felt I wanted to do more but thought not to over do it and did some yoga instead which was rejuvenating and helped to calm down.
I also managed to shop for two hours in the afternoon without sitting down to catch my breath. I bought a lovely maxi dress for an event in early sept. I hope it will look nicer then than it does now. I am hoping I will be a stone lighter by then. :D I Also treated myself to new makeup...in with the new and away with the old was my thinking. No doubt my body will be changing as well as my looks. I look forward to seeing the transition!! I am still keeping a low profile so my social life right now is zero. I will be working on that slowly. :D:D

Day 5
H2O :waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:
100%

So far so good...not feeling as heavy when I got out of bed. Feel more settled today.

Plan
Drink up and one or two errands I have been putting off.

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"
- J. K. Rowling

Day 6
100%:D

Yesterday I had a days leave and decided I was going to do some more cleaning to keep me busy. To my surprise I cleared a cornor of paper work which i had been putting off for months....it's all gone!! I did not feel tired and sleepy for a nap by 4pm which i normally had to do after a bit of cleaning. :D I even managed to play a bit of badminton with my DD for 5-10mins. My legs and back did not ache until I went to bed and I felt a sweet tiredness instead of the heavy exhaustion I have felt all along. To top off the day I managed to take my DD to the cinema without wanting anything to eat or drink. Oh AND managed to make a stir fry for din din for hubby and DD.:D without becoming hot tempered!:mad:

Day 7
100%

Somehow today I feel really full after drinking my morning shake. I think ketosis by now should have kicked in. My breath is starting to taste funny and my tummy is starting to rumble...and have been taking loads of trips to the loo.

I have been getting on with it this week and have been 100% all the way. I am hoping I can stay focused like this.

Plan
Focus on things that I have neglected...ie. paperwork. I am also going to read and update "motivate me" thread to keep me

"The first requisite of success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem without growing weary."
- Thomas Edison

Day 8 WI Today

I just had my 1st WI and down 7lbs. Really happy. So far have been 100%.1 Week done. I feel a tiny bit of energy creeping in and can move around a little quicker. Here's to a good start for Week 2. Which I am hoping will be easier.

:clap::D

Day 8 WI Today

I just had my 1st WI and down 7lbs. Really happy. So far have been 100%.1 Week done. I feel a tiny bit of energy creeping in and can move around a little quicker. Here's to a good start for Week 2. Which I am hoping will be easier.

:clap::D

YAY!!! Well done!!!

You'll feel great this next week!!! Keep it up!!! : ) xxx

Thx Deezer,

You are doing really well yourself. Hope all goes well for you this week.

xx

Day 14

Day 9 10 11 12 13 14

I have not had time to update my diary this week....good thing I guess as it shows that I am busy...with other things. This week has been very different and my social life has been on the increase. Managed to meet 4 friends all on different times!! It has still been tough though. I have started taking my tea everywhere I go ... to be on the safe side. Have not managed to do some walking much past couple of days. Work has been the opp...not a very good week and had a massive blow out on Fri with someone. Managed to not to conform to food afterwards which was good. I am watching less TV and am enjoying shopping a bit more...not sure why as my physique has not changed yet. Have not been able to drink as much water as WK1. Today will focus on getting those 3ltrs down. I am a bit annoyed with the pharm as the lady recommended a spray that will defo take me off ketosis ( according to LT helpline). So tomorrow I will have a few words with her.

I am hoping my 100% this week will pay off on my WI tomorrow. This coming week I want to focus on getting back to some sort of routine for exercising at home.

H2O most days
100% all week

Day 16

I am in a "not so good" mood today. I guess I feel really tired form the busy week. But I shall try to keep an even temperament
throughout the day.

I still struggle in the eve especially when my OH is eating his dinner. Even though I sometime
have my shake with me, the smell of good food really tests my willpower! I am hoping this will get better as time goes on.

Can't wait for the long weekend to relax.

Plan
Go for a walk(if not raining) or do some yoga (if raining)

"What you get by reaching your destination is not nearly as
important as what you will become by reaching your destination."
- Zig Ziglar

Day 16

I am in a "not so good" mood today. I guess I feel really tired form the busy week. But I shall try to keep an even temperament
throughout the day.

I still struggle in the eve especially when my OH is eating his dinner. Even though I sometime
have my shake with me, the smell of good food really tests my willpower! I am hoping this will get better as time goes on.

Can't wait for the long weekend to relax.

Plan
Go for a walk(if not raining) or do some yoga (if raining)

"What you get by reaching your destination is not nearly as
important as what you will become by reaching your destination."
- Zig Ziglar

Know how u feel.... Feel the same when my other half is eating! Just try to remember how good u feel when u don't give in! Hope u feel better as the day goes on!

Back