funny comments

eyesdontlie

funny as to what everyone is saying about my weight no one can believe that I still weigh 11st they all guess at about 9st5lbs my plan was to get to 11st on LT and then lose another stone doing slimming world but not sur really want tolose anymore as I am now worried that I will look ill?? for everyone that looked at my pic what do you think??

according to all the BMI stuff and charts etc my ideal weight is 9st 3lbs!!!

You look fab in your pic - it doesn't look like you need to lose anymore but you will know best how you feel. I don't think we should let BMI rule how much we lose as it all depends on your build, etc.

My 'ideal' weight is about the same as you but I plan to check when I'm at 10 stone and see how I feel.

i thought you looked fabulous in your photo - i think another stone and a half would make you look unwell. But only you know how you feel and whether it's do-able. you look great right now which is fab!!

"When you work out your BMI, remember to take into account your body frame and your build - your BMI may not be accurate."

Got this from an NHS site. It all depends on your build! I go by the printouts my pharmacist gives me! It tells me that my body weighs 9st8lbs and the excess is fat however if i enter 9st8lbs into a bmi calculator i'm told this:
"You are the ideal weight for your height

Your BMI is 20.5

If your BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9 you're an ideal weight for your height."

That's with 0% body fat:busted:
For my body 20% body fat, which i think would be ideal, puts me at 160lbs, so about 11st6lbs yet by bmi calculator standard this puts me at overweight!!!!
DON'T follow bmi rigidly, it's a rough guideline, everyone's different:grouphugg:
Haven't seen your pic, not enough "privileges" yet (newbie don't know how to get these:pcwhack:) but the members above think you look great so just trust your body and keep going til you feel happy with yourself! Well done and good luck with your decision:wavey:

Hi,

Don't get hung up on 'numbers' BMI is only a very crude estimation of health, what you weigh doesn't show how much is muscle and how much is blubber.

You will know when you reach a weight you are comfortable and happy with. Have the courage to not care what the scales say and go with your gut instinct.

You look great by the way! :character00238:

i would be at the weight you feel happy at and by the way your horses are fantastic i love horses...jenni

your pic looked really good, but its up to you. you can always gain a little after if you feel too thin, but its harder to lose it after you stop.

check your waist and height, i am 5'2" for example any my waist should be between 27 and 31 inches, it is 32 inches so i need to lose a bit more.

what is your waist? if its less than 32 than i wouldn't worry too much, if its less that 28 then i would consider staying the weight you are.

have a good dig around the web sites and stuff, and see how you feel with your body proportions etc... you may want to just eat healthy and change shape of areas you want to improve with weights and exercise etc...

i used to always say go for the bmi of 25 max, but your picture does put that into perspective.

sleeo on it and see. just be sure to add food back in gradually when you do.

good luck and well done so far

Back