Funny SW conversation with my Mum

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
I took my Mum (who I love dearly)to join SW last night as I thought EE would be perfect for her as she finds anything slightly complicated difficult to grasp.

This conversation happened today after me and the group leader explaining the plan about 47,000 times

I just thought it was a funny story for anyone who has a batty Mum or has ever done SW

Hello?
Claire? How many points are in cod from Iceland?
Is it just cod?
Yes, well no, it’s in a sauce
What kind of sauce?
Erm, butter sauce
Oh……..well the clue is in the word ‘butter’ Mum. I guess it has syns, let me check. What is it actually called as I have to type it in exactly on the website?
Cod in sauce
Not ‘cod in butter sauce’? There’s nothing coming up for either
Try ‘fish in butter sauce’
No, nothing……….can you have a look on the packet at what it is actually called?
It’s in the freezer!
I’ll wait……(sound effects of woman moving around flat, opening freezer door, rustling around freezer
No- I must have thrown the box away that they came in
I can’t tell you then Mum.
What about haddock in tomato and curry sauce?
Is that from Iceland?
No it’s from Lidl
Ok…………..no, nothing for that. Is that exactly what it’s called?
Hang on……………oh, no, it’s herring not haddock
And what is the ACTUAL name of it from the tin
I don’t know, it’s all in German
Ok………………..sorry, they don’t translate, Mum
Oh ok. Anyway I have done really well this afternoon because I had a massive jacket potato with salad and cottage cheese
That’s great, but don’t forget to point your cottage cheese
Cottage cheese! What! are there points in cottage cheese?
Yes, because it’s not fat free- but don’t worry there won’t be many. What did you have for breakfast?
Er…………..a banana like normal
With toast?
Yes
Did you have 2 rounds?
Yes
Oh, was it the seeded loaf I told you was really high in syns?
Yes………but it was getting near the end of the loaf, and the slices get smaller near the end, don’t they?
I checked out the points and they are 6 and a half per slice. So that’s 13 on bread and about 1 on cottage cheese, so just be careful now as you have used up all your syns
Oh, so should I just have a plate of vegetables for my tea?
NO MUM- you can have any of the free foods that I told you about last night. Have some meat and potatoes, or rice or pasta or fish or anything think of all the food I told you about last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
…………………..what about sweetcorn?

xxxxx

LOL she'll get the hang of it eventually............maybe!

I gave up explaining to Mum years ago!!!!
Honestly, I do have patience but it wears thin when I try to explain SW to her......she just doesn't get it.
When she sees me eat, she still says 'can you eat all that?'
I just grit my teeth and smile....
She says she prefers WW but she she hasn't got a bloomin' clue how to work the points out on that either and I've also given up trying to explain that too!!! lol

Sam
xxx

LOL!!! So much for 'extra easy'

This story of your mum is just brilliant...Bless em!! and you wrote it so well.. keep us posted on more of mum's events.. it made me smile...

Me and my mum have a don't ask any questions and I'll just stick the food under your nose understanding - so much easier.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that has just made my morning lmao bless her get her some low fat noodles and pasta n sauce send her on her way

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that has just made my morning lmao bless her get her some low fat noodles and pasta n sauce send her on her way

The sad thing is this is exactly what I did.
I took a massive bag of shopping with me when I took her to join the clas: pasta n sauce, heinz ravioli, savoury rice, muller light, tinned steak and ham, etc etc
I wrote down everything I had eaten for the last 2 weeks hoping she might learn a bit from that too!

I have since had about 637 calls from her asking equally mad questions- I will keep you all posted! I can't believe what I have let myself in for!

xxxxxxxxxx

That is sooo! funny - I have the same sort of conversations with both my mom & my MIL but you really have a way of writing that brings it to life. Keep us posted & cheer us all up!

Back