future plans...

lou1

Well now that im nearly at goal weight i want to work on toning and getting fitter i was doing really well at the gym until xmas and havent been back....until tomorrow!!!!

Well i decided today that im going to start training for the 10k Dublin Ladies Mini Marathon in June bank holiday weekend to have something to aim for and all going well im going to do the Dublin Marathon in October, So that will take up most of my 1st year maintaining my weight!!!

If anyone has any good tips for running....

Well now that im nearly at goal weight i want to work on toning and getting fitter i was doing really well at the gym until xmas and havent been back....until tomorrow!!!!

Well i decided today that im going to start training for the 10k Dublin Ladies Mini Marathon in June bank holiday weekend to have something to aim for and all going well im going to do the Dublin Marathon in October, So that will take up most of my 1st year maintaining my weight!!!

If anyone has any good tips for running....

Follow Tanya on the maintenance forum, she's training for a half marathon. I was a runner but I'm afraid it was a long time ago:sigh: enjoy it, I used to love running and I'm devastated that I can never run again:cry:

Thanks sandra, i wrote to tanya there!! I cant wait to get started really have something to work towards and i really think it'll help me with maintaining my weight and hopefully tone up my wobbly bits!!!

Thanks sandra, i wrote to tanya there!! I cant wait to get started really have something to work towards and i really think it'll help me with maintaining my weight and hopefully tone up my wobbly bits!!!

Be warned, running is addictive! When you train really hard you can get a runner's high which is truly amazing:D

lou1 running is fantastic way to keep the weight off and tone. I would have run quite a bit before starting back to university over two years ago. Due to work load and children I have no time to run and I just put the weight on. As Sandra said it is very addictive and you get such a buzz. One piece of advice that was given to me when I started was make sure you wear good running shoes that are measured for your gate. Any good sports shop can measure this. It served me well. Good luck and enjoy. xx

Back