Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Sorry your week has been tricky but great that the food choices have been good. Look forward to seeing that 5 st banner back very soon! I need to try some recipes from the website too, instead of making my own up... should be more adventurous!

xxx

I made my list of '5 things to try' because I was eating all the same things over and over. It has been a great success. I'm not doing them all in one week but it has focused my mind on what ingredients to get particularly when I'm hungry and come in wanting food.

The pasta pie today was yummy - fantastic comfort food. I ate a bit too much though *embarrassed* ! I am also proud of myself because in the past I would have had lots of ketchup but I just had the salad. Yum yum. And I have at least another portion left for tomorrow. However I will try to make a smaller portion next time so that I don't eat as much.

Dawn - I'm not sure there is enough fibre in the marmite bar to count as a HExB :(. Sorry

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Dawn - I'm not sure there is enough fibre in the marmite bar to count as a HExB :(. Sorry

Gail x

I don't mind that...I would just syn them!!! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

That's what I do. I really like them. Not too strong marmite taste but I love the nutty taste. Yum yum.

Gail x

Hi gail thanks for your supportive message in my diary. Looks like you have eaten some really yummy things recently! Great news that the 5 stone shiny is nearly back where it belongs though :)

Sorry to hear things are tough for you at the moment, I hope everything turns out as well as can be.

Really need to try the syn free kebab it sounds lovely, did you manage to find x lean lamb mince? I can't seen to find it anywhere, might just use beef.

The marmite cereal bars sound good as well, will keep a look out for them.

Best of luck for this week x

Hi gail good luck for your weigh in! Xxxx

Thanks Jules - no luck needed ;) Just lots of hard work. I lost 6 lbs :D. Obviously I put on 7lbs last week so that's not quite all off yet but it was only 5 days from my last weigh in and I have lost most of it already. Yay me :)

Thanks Clareel - the lamb kebab was absolutely gorgeous - far better than I expected. I don't think there is such a thing as x lean lamb mince (or at least I haven't seen any) so I used lean lamb mince (10% fat) (according to syns online if it's less than 16% fat it's 0.5 syns per 28g so maybe even a bit less than that). I also flattened it out into a pancake and baked it on a wire rack so any fat could drain out (as recommended by my C when I go to group). I found it difficult to find onion powder (I had to make a special trip to Tesco for it because they don't see it on Ocado but it was well worth the trip :))

Here's to another good week for all of us :)

Gail x

Woo 6lb off! Fantastic :D

Will try that baking on a wire rack good idea. X

My goodness Gail...6 lbs is fantastic!

Well done! xx

Well done Gail - that's fabulous! The other 1lb will be off faster than you know it, with a few more besides! :D

That lamb kebab does sound good, I think I will give it a go. Always looking for things that my son will eat too...

That's brilliant Gail! 6lbs is fantastic and so glad to see that 5st banner back where it belongs!

xxx

Well done!! :) That's amazing in just one week!

I love the SW Doner kebab. I've only every tried it with beef but might give lamb a go next time. The family finds it a bit too dry so will need to make loads of salsa to go with it!

Thanks Jules, Clareel, Dawn, Spanx, Katy and Alli. The kebab was really delicious - I had it with some salad, natural yoghurt and mango chutney because I agree that it would be a bit dry if it's on it's own.

I'm pretty chuffed with my 6lb too :)

I have had a fantastic weekend on green days with some great comfort food. Yum yum. Now I'm just trying to plan the rest of my evening (which is my 'munchie' time) with 10 syns (and no Hex's) left. That's fine but I don't want to use them all now and then go searching later for more -eeeek. I don't do anything different on a Sunday after WI and don't want to start having a 'treat'.

I'm interested in people's thoughts. I know that evenings are my 'dangerous' time so I try to plan my days meals (with or without Hex's which I occasionally but not often use in my meals) and leave my syns free for the evening. However what that often means is a meal (sometimes even as late as 9 or 10) plus the vast majority of my 10-15 syns and sometimes Hex's (as babybels or cereal bars) late on. I know that hasn't harmed my losses so far but it doesn't seem quite right having around 1/2 -2/3 of my calories right at the end of the day. I think I know logically it would be better spread out but I'm a bit anxious about whether I'd cope with that and go off plan. My feeling is that it's probably better to continue this way for now (because at least I know I can manage it) but if my losses slow down then maybe try to move some of my syns earlier in the day. Anyone have any thoughts ??

Thanks

Gail x

Hi Gail,

What's that saying..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!!

You are one of SW's real success stories, you're EXACTLY what SW is all about.

You follow the plan...but you make it fit in to your lifestyle, to suit you, and it works. The plan doesn't rule you...you control the plan! I think you have it totally sussed and should leave well alone. The time to worry is when/if you're losses slow right down...then review it. If you're happy with your routine, losing well and managing ok, I wouldn't make any changes xx

Awwww, thanks Dawn.

I'm not sure I'm one of SW success stories yet but I hope I will be. My tightrope seems pretty good at the moment but every now and again someone (? me !) goes and shakes it and I feel a bit unstable. However I feel that I have made progress and am slowly but surely getting there.

I agree with a post that I read recently by silly sausage - she said that isn't it funny that when you are going up through the weights you feel fat and huge and yet when you come back down through them, you feel slinky !! That is exactly how I feel. However what I love about life at the moment is that pre SW, I didn't want to go to stuff where I would see people I hadn't seen for a while because I knew what they would be thinking and I felt ashamed and embarrassed (particularly when I was with my family). Now, I don't feel ashamed or embarrassed and just feel proud of what I have achieved so far. It's a great feeling.

And on that note I'm off to brush my teeth so that I don't eat any more (what I have eaten was weighed and synned of course !) of the remaining Easter egg that was left in my room by the posh hotel on Easter Sunday :eek: !

Gail x

Hi Gail,

I'm not sure what to suggest as I don't tend to eat that late due to the fact me and my lazy bf go to bed dead early to watch telly and things but I like you am worse for munching in the evening. I always use my syns after dinner, very rarely before. Strange isn't it? I wonder if it's psychological, sort of thinking that if you've had all your meals for the day you have to get a few yummy snacks in... It's strange as you never really hear anyone saying "the morning after my brekkie is the most difficult time..." but why are evenings so hard? xxxx

Hi Gail,

Evenings are my downfall as well - it's the time when I relax and food is so closely linked to relaxation for me! That's why I also go all out food wise on holiday I think.

I am trying to break the habit of snacking all night as I do think it is a risky habit to have even if it is planned for. In some way it's not even about keeping within syns etc - I want to be able to sit and relax without food in the evening and at the moment I don't seem to be able to. In fact, if I don't have any syns left at night I feel restless and stress about this fact (mainly cause I'm worried that I'm going to eat anyway) and so I feel I need to work on this so that I at least feel that I CAN do it if I want to. Not sure if that makes sense at all...

At the moment I'm working on setting times. As I eat with the family we eat pretty early, around 7pm, and so I set the next eating time for 8.30pm or 9pm. That way I have 2 hours where I don't eat. Because I know a snack is coming I don't stress so much about it. It really works for me and I now feel that I can potter around my home in the evening / watching TV or generally chilling out without eating as long as I know I'll get my treat later. Baby steps - but in the right direction for me :)

You know if you think it is an issue and might make maintenance more difficult for you. If you are happy to eat more in the evening then keep doing it - it really doesn't matter weight wise when you eat. If you think it might make maintenance harder (i.e. when you start relaxing on syns etc) then maybe think about practising habits that will make it easier long term...

I lost 6 lbs :D.

Brilliant! Well done!

I think that must be one of the most important things we can do as slimmers - get right back on with it after a gain. You have shown that it really is quick to sort out.

I also love all you shiny stickers in your sig. I covet it!

I have the evening munchies too and also use my syns then. I am going to try and do some beauty stuff in the evenings this week to keep me occupied rather than munching my way through a succession of small treats. Then maybe I can use my syns for a larger more 'treat' treat afterwards!

Last edited:
Woohoo! Well done for your loss - 6 lb is amazing!
As for having your HEs in the evening, if it works for you then stick with what makes you comfortable. As Dawn says, you're one of the success stories, so what you're doing really does work! I'm the same. My HEb is pretty much always a cereal bar in the evening, and if I don't use milk in my coffees as my HEa, I will have some cheese, also in the evening! I never eat before 7.30-8.00 in the evening, as by the time I get home from work and prepare something it's always late!
If you're happy with what you're doing and it's working, I'd personally not change things if I thought it would knock me off plan. But that's just me :)
Xx

Back