Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Weekends are made for snoozing though! Yuck, will you get a "weekend" another day?

Sadly not, they work me far too hard :sigh: !!

Hi Gail!

We really were separated at birth - if I piled up all the cereal bar boxes from my cupboards I think it would look very similar!! Although I'm more of a summer fruits, or choc and orange alpen light bar girl myself!

Will think of you tomorrow morning when I'm having a lie-in! :p

Ha ha. Thanks for the support Spanx :p Please count your cereal bars for me (and then add a few to make me feel better !). If you're even half way towards mine, it will make me feel not quite so weird :wave_cry:

:D That's an impressive collection! I'm a bit of a cereal bar hoarder myself, but unfortunately I have a daughter who loves them and so they go quickly. I haven't got as many as you though - something to aspire to ;)

Thanks for your kind, gentle words :p

Omg Gail I'm sooooo jealous of your cereal bar. You are SO organised I love the way you've organised them by flavour! :) xxxx

What you didn't see because I turned the plastic tub the wrong way was that the oaty bars were arranged with one white chocolate one and one toffee one next to each other with the layers alternating so that the colours alternated next to each other and on top of each other. And yet I promise you, I don't have many other OCD/organised characteristics........!

Evening meal (at 9.30pm)

1 Mug shot, 1 pear, 1 mullerlight, 1 passion fruit, 1 marmite bar (4.5 syns), 1 chocolate HiFi (HexB). I know it's a lot of snacky food but it has filled a hole !

Off to bed fairly soon because (if I haven't told you already) I'm up early tomorrow :cry:

Gail x

Picture of said cereal bar collection :cool:

:eek: and i thought i had loads of cereal bars - your collection beats mine hands down lol You are soo organised Gail :D

Hee hee you gotta love a bit of OCD. You should work in IT, there are some fantastic examples there.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being organised. :)

I'm keeping quiet obout my 'thing' of making sure all tins are lined up with the labels showing in my cupboard. And Sum will testify to my obsession with document layouts. And yes I'm in IT :eek:

Loving the cereal bars Gail, you are a veritable connoisseur :D

I'm keeping quiet obout my 'thing' of making sure all tins are lined up with the labels showing in my cupboard. And Sum will testify to my obsession with document layouts. And yes I'm in IT :eek:

Smarties not lying - she visable twitches if one line goes over on to the next page. She will spend hours trying to sort it out lol So don't worry Gail you don't have OCD - there's weirder and more organised people out there ;) Xx

Hee hee you gotta love a bit of OCD. You should work in IT, there are some fantastic examples there.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being organised. :)

Sadly, my OCD traits don't stretch to being organised in anything other than my cereal bars and half of my underwear drawer - that's it :confused:

A connoisseur (thanks for spelling it for me - hope it's right !!) of cereal bars. I presume that is a skill worth having.......???!

Thanks for sharing your obsessions with me. It's making me feel fractionally better !

Smarties not lying - she visable twitches if one line goes over on to the next page. She will spend hours trying to sort it out lol So don't worry Gail you don't have OCD - there's weirder and more organised people out there ;) Xx

So glad I'm not the worst you've met...........:p

I count words on signs etc, and get very annoyed if they aren't divisible by 3. ??? Lol

I love that this has sparked other people's oddities - maybe my cereal bar obsession is not so bad after all :eek:

Night night all. Nose to the grindstone this weekend :sigh:

Gail x

I'm trying to think of OCDs I have and I'm a bit jealous that I don't really have any. I guess I'm a bit OCD about my powerpoints for my lessons, they have to be just so.

Pinkie I love yours, do you have to read every sign you see or is it just whenever you do read a sign?

Gail, hope work isnt too bad! Boo! Xxxx

No its usually when I'm on a train, bus or idling. I work in IT though so its acceptable. Lol. If I wake in the night, usually to go to the toilet,I still have to check on Steven,just to make sure he's alive or hasn't been kidnapped. Even now at the age of 8. If I try not to, or forget, I just lie in bed stressing about it until I get up again and check him. It will be murder when he's a teenager and is murder if he's staying at his Dads for the night. Or is that just neurotic? lol
Also any furniture, ornaments etc used to have to be placed very symmetrically. If have been working on this one now though. If something is at a jaunty angle its because I've made a real effort for it to be so. And my ido cube tin looks like Gail's cereal bars. Makes sense though. :)

I like you cereal bar collection - very neat and ordered! It sounds like a lot but in reality doesn't look excessive. I bought 30 in one go the other day and arranged them in a lakeland easy reach storage caddy - I was most proud! My six year old loves the choc and fudge ones though so numbers are decreasing rapidly...

Last edited:
Hi Gail,

Just fancied a cereal bar so been to Tesco but apparently there's a world wide shortage...u wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would u? Lol!!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi Gail,

Just fancied a cereal bar so been to Tesco but apparently there's a world wide shortage...u wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would u? Lol!!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Ha ha ha ha. :8855: Thanks Dawn for cheering me up.

Well, I'm having a rubbish day/weekend and the week is not looking like it's going to get that much better, so I'm going to keep this short (maybe.....!) and go to bed. I have to be up really early tomorrow and all this week which is not good for someone who hates mornings and has just worked the weekend :mad:

Considering all of that, food is actually ok (ish). I have had about 25 syns yesterday and 19 today but yesterday's were flexisynned so that's ok. I have only managed one main meal yesterday and today (because of work) but despite getting back and being really hungry both days, I have had a healthy sensible main meal with plenty of superfree so I consider that a success. Hopefully this week will be a bit better in terms of eating regularly.

I lost 1lb this week which I was very pleased with so that takes me back to my lowest weight for 11 yrs and only 10lbs off my lowest ever adult weight. I am looking forward to this week and hopefully another loss. I only have 3 weeks until my holiday but I can't possibly think about that at the moment :(

Good night everyone. I will try and be more positive tomorrow :wave_cry:

Gail x

Gail so sorry you had a rotten day. Whatever was wrong, hope things are better now... hate to see you so down. Brilliant at the 1lb loss and getting back to where you were... that's excellent. And well done on choosing healthy meals even when having a hungry day... I know how hard that is.

Typing from a B&B on travels so will keep this short, but hope things are looking brighter today.

xxx

Oh dear Gail...it's not like you to be on a downer :sigh:

I really hope you have a great day tomorrow to make up for it xx But what good news to have lost a pound :party0049: To be at your lowest weight for 11 years is a mahoosive achievement and you should be really proud of yourself :wee: Well done hunni xx

lots of love, Dawn xx

Gail sorry to hear about your bad day and all the work you have to do :( I'm so impressed though that you've reached your lowest ever weight. Here's to keeping it off and more!!

Sorry to hear you had a bad day gail, I hope things have improved now - sending hugs and positive thoughts your way :)

Well done on the lb off and back to the low weight, those 10lb will be off in no time! Thinking of you x

Back