Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

I'm not a die hard TT fan, or a Robbie fan, but having been to the CIRCUS - LIVE concert, which was absolutely brilliant, I had to go to this one too. And I thought Robbie would add to it, because he really is a great entertainer.

I think I didn't go on a good night for it, to be honest.
Someone from work went much earlier in the tour, and was raving about him. And when I said how he was the night we went, she was amazed, because he was clearly very different.

So I hope he was better for you, Gail.

The night we went, he was just so angry. Shouting all the time.
He was definitely trying to show that the crowd was there for him, rather than for TT.
And, given that there were quite a lot of children there, I thought his language, and his hand gestures, were totally inappropriate.

But I'm glad you had a great time. Did the man stand up? Did they all get on him? Cos they didn't when we went, but they did earlier on.

I think Robbie has a hugely over-inflated ego!! Gary is so much better a singer and just gets on with it without the ego and inappropriate behaviour.

I'm glad you had a lovely time Gail! :)

*psst- I can't get all excited/involved with the take that talk, since I really dislike take that, and actually almost all pop music- sorry*

Shrimpy said:
I'm glad you had a lovely time Gail! :)

*psst- I can't get all excited/involved with the take that talk, since I really dislike take that, and actually almost all pop music- sorry*

Hmm, must admit I'm with you there. But whatever your taste, seeing a live gig done well is awesome. So glad you had a great time in Amsterdam Gail, and a such a lovely birthday.

At least you know the worst with weigh in now. And you know it'll be off again in no time! x

I was an East 17 gal myself so am also less than enthused by Take That. However I know how much people love them and everyone seems to have been having an ace time seeing them live!

Gail let's see if you can do another 6 pounder this week!!! Xxxxx

I'm a massive Pink Floyd fan (hence the name). I went a gig of theirs back in 94 and it was the most incredible thing I've ever seen. I have the dvd of that concert, and can watch/listen to it time and time again. My only critcism being that it was a bit Dark Side of the Moon top heavy. Ohhh, the memories! I love live gigs.

Hi Gail,

I'm so pleased you had a fab birthday hunni :party0019:

It's one that you won't forget, that's for sure! :D

Well it's great to have you back Gail...back to the grindstone now then! :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you've had a lovely weekend Gail! 3lb is not bad at all you will have that off in no time, great plan for this week aiming for a STS that's very achievable :)

Becky x

hi gail thanks for the message on my diary i am back with my tail between my legs :cry: it could have been a lot worse it could have all gone back on, it takes months to lose it but weeks to put it back on :( gggrr just glad to be back in the right frame of mind, hope ur doing ok will have a read of ur diary tomorrow to see how u have been doing. love val xx

Hi Gail

I am really pleased to hear that you had a great time at Take That and a brilliant birthday. 3lbs isn't too bad at all! It could of been ALOT worse and I am sure you will have that off in no time at all :)

Michelle x

Morning Gail xx

Just thought I'd say hi really xx

Hope you're not being rushed off your feet at work and that you're still making time for you xx

Take care x

Hi Gail,
i have justy joined this forum and slimming world last week. Same as you 17st 9! you have made me realise it can be done. I lost 7 pounds in the first week. Am off to Skiathos next Tues so will miss out on weigh in for two weeks, seems daft joining then going away but atleast if i gain i am just putting the weight on i have lost and not extra than i was!:D
XxXxX

I'm just about to adjust my height - I had hoped that I was 5 ' 5". I used to be 5' 4" and I liked to think that I had continued to grow. However I got measured at work and sadly I didn't !!! I am 163.something cm which worked out at 5 ' 4 " and a quarter. I have therefore reset my height at 5' 4" so don't worry, I haven't shrunk !!!

Gail x

hi gail i have been catching up with ur diary and have got this far... i was worried you were aiming too low for ur target weight thought u were same height as me (5ft 8) for some reason and was imagining myself 2 stone lighter i would look like a beanpole lol so was relieved to see you are only 5ft 4 ins ur diary is inspiring as usual love it that u r so honest about ur weight loss journey. hope u have a lovely weekend
love val xx

Hi Gail, glad Robbie was well enough to perform for you!!! :D

As others have said, 3lbs is nothing and you will get it off in no time! Hope you are having a good week! x

Have a great weekend in the Dam! - give my regards to The Bulldog Cafe if it's still going and have one of them special Fahd for me and ok'd times sake;)

Happy birthday x

Hi Gail - hope you are okay. Missing you on here.

Hmmm. Not had a great week (nothing to do with Holland and birthday). Have weighed in today because I'm away tonight. STS which is actually a good result considering. However I'm feeling fairly positive because I know that I have to stick with this. So I've prepared for today so far and am trying to be sensible. I'm going to try not to buy any more syns for now because I've got plenty at home that keep me happy but hopefully won't tempt me too much.

So still have 4 lb of holiday weight to get off but no choice but to keep at it.

Sorry I haven't been around much, work is just so busy at the moment :(

Thanks for checking up on me.

Gail x

Hi Gail,
i have justy joined this forum and slimming world last week. Same as you 17st 9! you have made me realise it can be done. I lost 7 pounds in the first week. Am off to Skiathos next Tues so will miss out on weigh in for two weeks, seems daft joining then going away but atleast if i gain i am just putting the weight on i have lost and not extra than i was!:D
XxXxX

Thanks Jess,

Please use me as an example that it can be done. I would totally recommend not thinking about the total that you have to lose. Just look at each half stone. That's all. Then before you know it you will look back and think how far you've come. If I had properly looked at how much I had to lose when I started, I would never have got this far. I promise you that you will feel great long before you get to your target. Stick with it :). And please keep us posted.

Gail x

Hi Gail - good to have you back. Sorry work is so busy at the mo and keeping you from inspiring us here.

A STS is a good result - considering your weekend away. The remaining 4lb will be gone in a flash!

Keep well chica

Last edited:
Back