Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hi sis,

Sorry to hear the scales aren't playing fair this week :(

But there's still half the week to go before wi so try not to worry too much xx

As you know, these days I don't seem to show a loss until the actual day of my wi. In fact its tonight, and all week I've showed a gain or a sts, until this morning when its showing a 1lb loss. But we'll see what happens tonite as my scales are very fickle and enjoy lying to me!

You're so good at this Gail...hope it comes off really soon for you xxx

Gail it doesn't matter!

They don't have to be big numbers every week, and it is not a crime to STS or even have a little gain. You seem to know how to handle this scenario better than most!

Whenever I had a gain I had a face like a smacked @rse! you handle it much better than me.

I wish I could be as laid-back as you appear to be. (I said laid BACK Dawn, read carefully!!)

S

Hey Gaily! How are you? I see you're doing fantastically with a whopping loss!!! Well done! You had 2 good losses in a row just as you said so it really doesn't matter so much about this one!! You know as well as I do by now that it's not all about one week and you have TOTALLY the right approach to it all!!X

Thank you everyone, you are so kind.

Gail it doesn't matter!

They don't have to be big numbers every week, and it is not a crime to STS or even have a little gain. You seem to know how to handle this scenario better than most!

Whenever I had a gain I had a face like a smacked @rse! you handle it much better than me.

I wish I could be as laid-back as you appear to be. (I said laid BACK Dawn, read carefully!!)

S

Well, I officially hate my scales now. I think there must be something wrong with the worlds scales this week (see Steve's, Laura's, hopefully not Dawn - although I haven't checked her thread yet). My weights this week:

Sunday: 11 stone 12.6lb
Monday: 11 stone 13.4 lb (entirely expected, had been out for 3 course lunch on Sunday even though I didn't have much dinner is not unreasonable or unexpected)
Tuesday: 12 stone 0.6lb (had a bit too much chocolate on Monday (not massive amounts though) but not that much food so another gain was not entirely unreasonable especially as Mondays gain wasn't as big as expected)
Wednesday: 12 stone 1.4lb (Up again WHY ? No idea)
Thursday: 12 stone 2.0lb (WTF - again, entirely unreasonable)
Friday: 12 stone 3.2 lb (Now I am totally pee'd off)

I have been generally really good with my food all week (until late last night in response to facing yet another gain this week). Green days but not too much carbs and generally pretty low calorie foods and no snacking on extra food. Eating my syns but generally in my limits apart from yesterday. Yesterday evening after 2 good days, I could see that I was going to gain AGAIN so I did what every good slimmer shouldn't and ate a bucket load of syns. So, not dignified, not sensible, not laid back and definitely a face like a smacked a*** Steve !!! So, I would have almost certainly regained all of last weeks loss through not much fault of my own but now in part due to yesterday I may regain all of last weeks loss AND a bit more !! Well done Gail (NOT !).

So, now I have drawn a line. Accepted that this week things are going to be bad - a little bit through my own fault and a lot just through one of those things. I am going to gain but I can only do my best in the next couple of days to start to make some progress from this mornings weight. I also definitely need to take my own advice and accept that these wobbles just happen sometimes. I was handling it ok (despite gaining every day this week !) actually until last night - I knew I was going to gain again today despite having been really good yesterday. If I do that again, I am going to have to ban the scales mid weeks until Sunday - Boo.

Anyway, I'm over it now. Rant out of system. Will post how the day goes later.

Gail x

I hate stupid scales, they are such liars. I watch my weight go up, up, up and then suddenly and inexplicably on WI it drops! I have no idea how or why, so I don't trust the little blighters!

Anyway, it is important to get the crazy anger blow out done with and then back on track. Well done for doing just that! :) :hug99:

Ban midweek weigh ins, they just f*** with your head. :soapbox: Here's to a yummy and scale free day!

I don't suppose it would be worth changing the batteries in the scales Gail? It seems very odd.........:confused: xxx

Well, I officially hate my scales now. I think there must be something wrong with the worlds scales this week (see Steve's, Laura's, hopefully not Dawn - although I haven't checked her thread yet). My weights this week:

Sunday: 11 stone 12.6lb
Monday: 11 stone 13.4 lb (entirely expected, had been out for 3 course lunch on Sunday even though I didn't have much dinner is not unreasonable or unexpected)
Tuesday: 12 stone 0.6lb (had a bit too much chocolate on Monday (not massive amounts though) but not that much food so another gain was not entirely unreasonable especially as Mondays gain wasn't as big as expected)
Wednesday: 12 stone 1.4lb (Up again WHY ? No idea)
Thursday: 12 stone 2.0lb (WTF - again, entirely unreasonable)
Friday: 12 stone 3.2 lb (Now I am totally pee'd off)

I have been generally really good with my food all week (until late last night in response to facing yet another gain this week). Green days but not too much carbs and generally pretty low calorie foods and no snacking on extra food. Eating my syns but generally in my limits apart from yesterday. Yesterday evening after 2 good days, I could see that I was going to gain AGAIN so I did what every good slimmer shouldn't and ate a bucket load of syns. So, not dignified, not sensible, not laid back and definitely a face like a smacked a*** Steve !!! So, I would have almost certainly regained all of last weeks loss through not much fault of my own but now in part due to yesterday I may regain all of last weeks loss AND a bit more !! Well done Gail (NOT !).

So, now I have drawn a line. Accepted that this week things are going to be bad - a little bit through my own fault and a lot just through one of those things. I am going to gain but I can only do my best in the next couple of days to start to make some progress from this mornings weight. I also definitely need to take my own advice and accept that these wobbles just happen sometimes. I was handling it ok (despite gaining every day this week !) actually until last night - I knew I was going to gain again today despite having been really good yesterday. If I do that again, I am going to have to ban the scales mid weeks until Sunday - Boo.

Anyway, I'm over it now. Rant out of system. Will post how the day goes later.

Gail x
You might be onto something there, with the faulty scales Gail. Mine showed a gain of 4lbs last week for no good reason and I was genuinely peed off and ready to get off the sunny bus and give up!!! It has completely derailed me and I have had a bad week this week grrrrrr BUT over the last couple of weeks my scales take ages to set at 00 when I gently (?) kick them into life, so batteries are obviously low. I couldn't understand the numbers that they were recording, as my jeans that I'd purchased at the beginning of June, 11lbs lighter, were being pulled on and off without undoing the things. It didn't add up and now I'm fed up that I might have spoilt this week for no good reason :(

You might be onto something there, with the faulty scales Gail. Mine showed a gain of 4lbs last week for no good reason and I was genuinely peed off and ready to get off the sunny bus and give up!!! It has completely derailed me and I have had a bad week this week grrrrrr BUT over the last couple of weeks my scales take ages to set at 00 when I gently (?) kick them into life, so batteries are obviously low. I couldn't understand the numbers that they were recording, as my jeans that I'd purchased at the beginning of June, 11lbs lighter, were being pulled on and off without undoing the things. It didn't add up and now I'm fed up that I might have spoilt this week for no good reason :(

Ooops, looks like new batteries are needed all round then?

Sadly, even though I don't understand it, I do believe it :(. Feeling better now though after my rant. Day is on track so far with 15 syns, 1 HexB and 1.5 HexA left to use. Looking good then :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well done missus!

After reading all that, I'm so glad I don't have digital scales in my house!! I hop on my Mum's any time I'm there but they are never reflective!! I have a set of mechanical scales in my bathroom which have showed me as 9.5 stone for about the last 5 months!! They rarely change, so I don't bother with them so much. I know for a fact that if I had my own digital ones tho, I'd never be off them!!

Anyway, next week we are on for a massive loss Gail, I can feel it in my water!!! xxxx

Hi there sis,

Just saying hello!!!

Have a good weekend hun x

Well, I am still thoroughly peeeeed off. Scales are continuing to go up. Grrrr. I have been completely on plan today:

Breakfast - apple and 2 x Alpen lights (HexB1)
Lunch - Lentil shepherds pie (includes 1oz dried red lentils, 95g potato, 18g reduced fat cheddar (0.5HexA1), about 15g v low fat fromage frais) plus large salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber and beetroot with balsamic vinegar dressing (balsamic, red wine vinegar and a tiny drop of mustard)
Tea- 2nd portion of above (0.5 HexA1)
Snacks: 2 x Alpen lights (HexB2), 1 x flake (7 syns), 4 x M&S chocolate cornflake pieces (8 syns), 2 cups milky coffee (a bit of HexA2)

Only criticism, not enough to drink.

So a good day - I don't think my portion sizes are too big either. However scales are currently suggesting that I will probably gain AGAIN tomorrow. I would love to go in search of the biscuit tin again tonight but I'm not going to (and no danger of that either - I'm just not going to do that to myself again) but I am a bit grumpy. I just want to get WI over with now so that I can concentrate on trying to make some inroads into the forthcoming massive gain. It feels very undeserved :(. I'm not suggesting that I don't deserve to gain anything because although I wouldn't always gain after the 3 course meal on Sunday and a bad day yesterday, it isn't unreasonable. However nowhere near as much as I am going to gain. Grrrrrr again.

So, as much as I want to WI tomorrow to just get it over and done with, I will WI on Sunday as always (only saving grace will be a slightly later WI than usual). I would love to throw my toys out of the pram but I can't because I am nearly 5.5 stone lighter than I was just over a year ago :) and as irritated as I am by this week, I do not want to be 5.5 stone heavier again.

See you all on Sunday (if not before)

Gail x

Aw Gail that is so rubbish. I bet it just falls off overnight. Stay with it and keep making the good choices. I read a great quote on here somewhere, something like ' good food makes me feel good, bad food makes me feel bad'
Keep on keeping on x

Nah.......I am not going to waste my money. I am going to bin the scales :eek:
Wise words Lorrayne (with a Y)

My mate Mollusc (Shrimpy to the rest of you's) called it right! - ban the scales. Only fish should have scales, oh and some reptiles and possibly the butchers...you get my point.

It plays with your mind (I get wrong for using F words haha).

But Gail, I have another theory, I liked the idea of the scales being all screwed up this week, but girly swot Dawnie had to take it all so serious and disprove that one:p

My theory, is one I have sort of reluctantly come to acknowledge (though not accept) I find after a good week or two, no matter what I do an inevitable gain comes along. Similarly, I find after a gain - especially a big one - there follows a loss. (Usually as I beat myself up).

Just do your best Gail (that's all we can do) though I would be interested in seeing how your WI scales compare to your home ones at official WI.

Whichever way it goes, next week starts with a clean slate - you know the rules:)

I have two sets of scales here. one for weighing kitchen ingredients, the other posh digital ones for weighing suitcases for holiday!

SW have the "personal" ones - I don't even allow the doctors/nurses to weigh me now - they have to accept my book figure lol.

S

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

My Sunday WI at home is my official WI. I started SW online and although I go to class when I can - I only started that a few months after starting the online thing (probably no more than once or twice per month usually) I'm not actually that bothered what I weigh when I'm there. However when I compare the scales there to those online they are usually fairly consistently 1 lb less than at home. My scales at home are pretty consistent (and I don't think they are wrong this week because they're still consistent, just consistently going UP :mad:)

Gail x

P.S. I weigh in the nude at home too which I don't tend to do at group.................................................:cool: :p

Maybe you've just not poopied? Though Minimus is fully right, if you gain, it will come off, sometimes our bodies just like to screw with our head!

Hi Steve,

My Sunday WI at home is my official WI. I started SW online and although I go to class when I can - I only started that a few months after starting the online thing (probably no more than once or twice per month usually) I'm not actually that bothered what I weigh when I'm there. However when I compare the scales there to those online they are usually fairly consistently 1 lb less than at home. My scales at home are pretty consistent (and I don't think they are wrong this week because they're still consistent, just consistently going UP :mad:)

Gail x

P.S. I weigh in the nude at home too which I don't tend to do at group.................................................:cool: :p

Well you really should WI the same clothes everytime. Unless you WI at group as nature intended you're jeopardising your chances;)
Maybe you've just not poopied? Though Minimus is fully right, if you gain, it will come off, sometimes our bodies just like to screw with our head!

Mollusc, Minimus is ALWAYS right:p

See what the week brings Gail, and we'll think about setting some challenges?

Back