Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Gail - not nice to see the scales going up but you've been there before and know how to get them going down again.

You said not enough to drink. How about fruit & veg intake too? Lots of salad going on but I find if I just have salad all the time my weight sticks. I need to get lots of veg down me (like leeks, brocolli, cabbage etc) to keep my weight going down. I also have at least 3 portions of fruit a day too - including melon!

But you know your own body and what it takes to lose weight so if this is a typical day then it shouldn't be the cause.

Keep at it chica - it will come off again, you know it will.

Sea food seems to work best for me. Plus the added bonus that it tastes lush!
Lots of that for me too! I LURVE prawns, crab, mussels . . . in fact anything. And you're right Steve, it keeps my scales going down!

Maybe you've just not poopied? Though Minimus is fully right, if you gain, it will come off, sometimes our bodies just like to screw with our head!

That may be a contributing factor :eek: (but it doesn't usually make that much difference to me !)

Well you really should WI the same clothes everytime. Unless you WI at group as nature intended you're jeopardising your chances;)

Mollusc, Minimus is ALWAYS right:p

See what the week brings Gail, and we'll think about setting some challenges?

I always wear the same 'clothes' at home......:cool: My WI at group is quite different so I don't bother with those numbers - I go to group for groups sake and if I can't go to stay then I don't go. I don't need the motivation of standing on the scales in front of someone - it's my Sunday weight that motivates me.

I'll think about a challenge. Probably not a weight loss one though - not good to do regularly for me. Maybe either something to do with food or with exercise. I keep meaning to go out and run (or even walk :eek:) but I haven't. I'd like to start my bronze body magic so maybe a challenge like that.

Gail - not nice to see the scales going up but you've been there before and know how to get them going down again.

You said not enough to drink. How about fruit & veg intake too? Lots of salad going on but I find if I just have salad all the time my weight sticks. I need to get lots of veg down me (like leeks, brocolli, cabbage etc) to keep my weight going down. I also have at least 3 portions of fruit a day too - including melon!

But you know your own body and what it takes to lose weight so if this is a typical day then it shouldn't be the cause.

Keep at it chica - it will come off again, you know it will.

Thanks Bev. I have been eating lots of salad but not much veg and maybe not as much fruit as usual. Definitely at least 1/3 superfree with each meal though even when I'm on green. Might try your veg theory then. And I'm sure that drinking more will help me.

So, (in mollusc style), things that I am proud of:

Sticking to plan yesterday despite seeing that the scales were likely to gain again for no reason
Drinking a bit more today
Sticking to plan today (so far) despite having a bleeping awful week on the scales - and still have WI to go tomorrow !

Obviously lots of things that I 'could do better' but I don't think that's the style of this !

See you later (or tomorrow).

Gail x

I reckon you/we should all go to the lakes and climb/walk a peak!

Doesn't have to be Scafell Pike - just one of the lesser ones. Then all back to a tea shop for scones and cream (Dawn's Paying!!!)

PS, it is pronounces sconns:cool: - it rhymes with Cinnabons!

NOT Cinnabones lol

I'm in too :) As long as I can choose the date (I'm a very busy lady don't ya know !!!).

And I'm also a scone as in cinna'BON' lady *wipes drool off chin*. Could we go walking near Piccadilly circus maybe........???

Fingers crossed for WI tomorrow for me - I have another good day today (not that my scales seem to be taking in the least bit of notice.....:()

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I'm in too :) As long as I can choose the date (I'm a very busy lady don't ya know !!!).

And I'm also a scone as in cinna'BON' lady *wipes drool off chin*. Could we go walking near Piccadilly circus maybe........???

Fingers crossed for WI tomorrow for me - I have another good day today (not that my scales seem to be taking in the least bit of notice.....:()

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone
Hmmmmmmmmmm do you say Shroosbury or Shrowsbury for Shrewsbury???? I am the latter...as Jimmy Young (?) used to say on the wireless :D "Shroosbury, or Shrowsbury if your posh" :)

Gail, adopt the attitude that your scales are obviously suffering from pmt at the moment and ignore them for the week....Lots of us have got stroppy scales this week...I have decided, like you, that I positively hate mine with a passion and I am not going to talk to them again. They have been sent to Coventry :( I am friends with my jeans this week. Well I think I am. They keep falling down, despite the scales acting up, but I can't decide if they are falling down because they are a bit big or they are falling down because I can't pull them up fully :confused: All I know is that I am walking round like a spotty youth with the a$$ of my jeans hanging down to the backs of my knees almost. Perhaps I should go and buy a pair of flourescent pants to show the world, apparently that is such a cool look don't ya know :D

Keep your chin up honey. The world has gone a bit mad this week and normality will prevail next week. Starting tomorrow :D x

Thanks Lorrayne,

So, starting tomorrow (ie today) the scales are behaving a little better (and doing a little more what I would expect). Gain for this week is 2.5 lb. I'm ok with that seeing as it could have been 4 or even slightly more a couple of days ago which would have been everything I lost last week plus a little more and VERY frustrating.

I feel with hindsight that maybe last weeks loss was a bit excessive - it was a good week but maybe not THAT good. I think it was just frustrating that the weight went on gradually through the week no matter what I did. Usually if the loss is a bit excessive (ie a little dip for WI) it goes straight back on in one go.

Oh well. So this week is a new week. I have managed to hang on to my 5.5 shiny (which was why I left my signature with a 5 stone AND a 5.5 shiny in case I lost the 5.5 one !). Back to chasing the 11 stones again and my 6 stone shiny. Blimey - if/when I get there it will be the hardest half a stone I've lost by a LONG way.

It was quite a good exercise putting on my losses month by month since I started on my signature. Doesn't really reflect the enormous blip that I had after my hols but has shown me that although it feels as though I've been static for 3 months, in fact I have continued to make slow progress towards my goals. I don't know whether I'll truly believe that until I well and truly see the back on the 12's but hopefully that shouldn't be far off. The speed is not important, but making some progress is.

Catch you later. Am off out for lunch.

Gail x

P.S. I have been thinking about changing my username (if I can) to something with Gail in the title. Any thoughts about whether I should ?? Probably should get an avatar picture before then so that people will recognise it's me when I change it. Any thoughts on that too ??

Hey Gail

Glad your gain wasn't as bad as it could have been, I'm with Lorrayne inthat the scales must have PMT this week. Fingers crossed they will behave better next week :)

Are the numbers in your username your DOB? My email address has my dob in it, just because I couldn't think of anything more original!! I think it is a good idea to change it to something with Gail in it, altho I think everyone knows who you are by now!! An avatar pic is a good idea too, I like to have an idea what all you faceless lovelies look like when I'm writing on here!! xxx

Eeeek. I have just booked a personal shopper session for next week. I am going to a dinner dance next Saturday so I thought that maybe I should look for a new dress. Eeeeeek. Now I am a bit scared. (and I have to get up early on a Saturday for the privilege too - more eeeks !). That will make me very self conscious/critical all week - eeeek !

Gail x

What would you change your username to?

OOOOOH how exciting! A personal shopper, they'll make you look even more amazing than you already do! Where's the dinner dance?

Oh please don't tell me that you were born in 1982, it'll make me feel so old!
Glad the scales weren't as mean to you as you thought Gail, strange isn't it, how these things happen, I'd still check the batteries, if yours has them, just in case?
I admire the way you cope so well though. :) x

I live not far from Shroosbry, (pronounced as it reads - shrew s bury) where I like to eat scones, which rhyme with loans :D.

Oooh er.....I've got items in my wardrobe older than Gail, if she was born in 1982 :D:D Now I feel really old too and will join Bess on the Sulk Seat ;)

Gail, re your user name.....Gail Force, as in you are a force to be reckoned with, a force for the good? :D Best I can come up with at 09:27 on a Monday morning.....sorry :( :)

Happy Monday to you xx

Back