Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hmm..... I hope you are just having a lazy day Gail after a late night? :) x

I know you're not there cos you're out spending lots of dosh on some gorgeous (not black) clothes for tonight, but I had to stop by and say hi xx

I know it hasn't been the best of weeks for you, or me really, but its just one week in many and we both know its perfectly normal to have off days. And we both know its just a blip and we'll get over it.

If you're anything like me, and you should be what with being my sis and everything, you'll get a huge buzz from trying on things today that you would never normally try, and in a size that you haven't worn for a long time! And you'll get so many much deserved compliments tonight you'll get all fired up and ready for the home stretch!
x

Just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you but particularly Dawn for this really lovely comment yesterday. I read it when I was sat in John Lewis waiting to try on some shoes and had to try to stop myself from crying (I'm so soppy sometimes !).

So my WI today was as bad as expected - I gained 5 lbs. Unlike last week, this was a deserved gain. Maybe it was a little bit bigger because I was out last night at a dinner dance but actually I think it wasn't really anything to do with that. It was because I had a bad week and ate a lot of junk food. It wasn't all bad but a lot was.

So this week I have to have a reasonable loss but also need to ensure that whatever I do to achieve that does not send me into any kind of compensatory overeat. I have one difficult day (Tuesday) when I am in London so have a little less control over what I eat (and may ??? accidentally stumble past a cinnabon but this is by no means certain as we may not go anywhere near there !) but the rest of the days should be mostly (or entirely) in my control (which is a good thing).

So my plan for this week:

1. Keep a food diary. I may do that here (in brief) or on a piece of paper but I must do one or the other
2. Aim to drink at least 2 litres of water (or similar liquid) per day - coffee not included
3. I am going to aim for 10 syns per day but would be happy with 15 if I need them
4. I am going to think about doing something that I saw on Shrimpy's thread - list things that I am proud of that day (which will predominantly relate to above but not be exclusive to that - apologies if it gets a bit boring !)

So, I have lost my 5.5 stone shiny (again :sigh: !) however I am not really upset by that. I have a whole load of new clothes which made me feel really great and I know that I am going to continue to do this. So this week is a new week.

See you soon :)

Gail x

P.S. I will try and take some photos of the new clothes. Thanks for asking :)

Aw, that'll be off in no time Gail. I really admire your 'can do' attitude, well done! It's great to have new clothes too, a real confidence boost. 5.5 Shiny back in no time and then some! xx :)

Gail, 5lb is not too bad at all, most of that will be gone after a few good days on plan :)

Your goals sound very sensible and I love the idea of listing things you are proud of, if only we could learn to focus on our successes instead of our failures it would be much better for us!

You have still lost over 5 stone which is just amazing and you should be proud of that for a start!

Becky x

Gail, do NOT beat yourself up. We all go through weeks like that. The important thing is getting back on plan and sticking with it.

Listen to an expert................ I have lost and gained the same 10lbs so many times it is boring.

A big, big hug is winging it way to you
bighug.gif

I am another one who would love to see your new dresses lovely lady.

bighug.gif
bighug.gif

Love your plan of action Gail. Keep it up and those sneaky 5lbs will be gone in no time! :hug99:

You are in control- remember make the best choices you can and it'll still be a loss. :)

Pesky 5 lbs? I spit on you.

As you have said already you know how to do this. Good plan for the diary. I still keep a food diary - on a little pad that I carry in my hadbag everywhere I go.

I have to do this as otherwise I forget what I've eaten and just carry on eating regardless !:eek:

Good luck this week chica.

Hi Gail - sorry to hear about your gain - you and me both this week! 2.5lbs on for me...:eek:

Your shopping trip, however, sounds fab! Would love to see your new clothes - I'm so nosy! Did the personal shopper persuade you into something that you would never have looked at otherwise? Brighter colours? Different styles? Over the knee hemlines? Do tell all!

Let's hope we both have a better week this week - I haven't got much to tempt me off plan, so I'm aiming for no more than 10 syns a day too - plus lots more superfree... x

Bit of a result there Gail!

Think laterally and uber-positively. In real terms, compared to my 8.5lb your 5lb gain was effectively a 3.5lb loss!

Oh, and another thing, none of my dresses fit me anymore:confused:

Climb back on that horse lady - you know where I am if you want someone to blame or whatever:p

Steve

Ok, Gail, you can have your turn at the front of the queue.
My ears are worn out: one afternoon of that man is enough for me!

LOL. Thanks Sarah - although I think I can talk a lot myself - ask Dawn ! Hope you both had a good time.

I will try to elaborate on my personal shopping experience along with describing some of my purchases (and maybe some photos as well if I can manage that !).

Thanks again for your support. Hope your faith in me is justified !!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Shrimpy said:
Love your plan of action Gail. Keep it up and those sneaky 5lbs will be gone in no time! :hug99:

You are in control- remember make the best choices you can and it'll still be a loss. :)

Hey Gail totally agree with this. You will have that gain off in no time, in fact I won't be at all surprised if you come on tomorrow saying most of it's come off seeing as you were at a dinner dance the night before weighing! Love the plan of action. Looking forward to gearing about your great week of weight loss this week! X

Evening sis xxx

Gosh its taken me ages to get here today! Good job I only have a birthday once a year!

I'm sorry it appears as if you got lumbered with a few pounds this week Gail. But is it a 'real' gain? I don't think you can possibly get a true and accurate measurement just hours after having a meal out. I'd be interested to know what the scales say tomorrow...I'm hoping they're down a bit and then you'll KNOW its not a proper gain.

But even if it is, you're not to worry because you're still in control so it will be ok. Your plan is a fab one...very sensible and realistic...and I know you can stick to it.

I'm going to add one thing to it...

I want you to text me...anytime...if u think u might have a problem with something. I don't think you will...but just in case x. I can be your panic button lol! I'm working but I'll always get back to u asap xx

Now Clareel said something which was kinda what I was trying to say earlier but she said it so much better than me. About concentrating more on the positives rather than the negatives...

The others will have to take my word on this until u get some pics on, but you did look so lovely and pretty in your new clothes Gail.

So the scales may have notched up a bit...but LOOK at yourself! Look at how far you've come, at how different you look, at what clothes you're able to wear now, and at how much better you FEEL :) A few extra temporary pounds can't take that away from you sweetie xx

And I bet they're not around for long!

Here's to a great week ahead xxx

Lots of love,

Dawn x

P.S. what I said...when u were in JL...all true xx

I can't better what Dawn has said Gail....what a lovely message of support? You have done so bl**dy well to be down on yourself. So behave Missy :D xxx

Ok, Gail, you can have your turn at the front of the queue.
My ears are worn out: one afternoon of that man is enough for me!

Aww shucks, i'm blushing now.

That was the easterly winds that damaged the ears!

So trying to get back to plan today decided to have a red day. (easier to spell than orijinil)

It was all good, but kept getting flashbacks to the curry house. I'm sure you'd agree, but even allowing the freedom of a day or even a meal off plan still makes me feel guilty.

It was really worthwhile though.

A secondary affect was the walk was a nice straightforward 10 miler (or so) and I've already decided I'm going to make it a regular weekend thing - because of the combination of sea-air, level walking, sea birds, coffee shops, free parking & public loos all in the vicinity.

Hopefully Sarah didn't get blown into the north sea as it sounded very ominous when I spoke at lunchtime:eek: - unlike me, Sarah hasn't mastered the art of walking on water:)

Hope you got your digs sorted out!

Hey Gail! Firstly just wanted to say how pleased I am for you that you had such a good time with the personal shopper (I'm very envious too). Did you find yourself buying styles you just wouldn't have gone for before?

Sorry you had a biggish gain this week. You seem to have such a great approach to it though, in your head, so it doesn't defeat you. Wish I had a bit (put on another 2.5lbs tonight, so upset I tore up my Woman if the Year certificate). You will get that shiny back in no time. You have done so well so far, it must be a dream to be hitting size 12s, and going back isn't an option is it?

Take care chica. We can both dig in together for next week xxx

Hi Gail, how are you getting on? I hope this week is going well :)

Becky x

I wish...........:(

Having a pretty crap week. I am working this weekend so am my usual grumpy self in preparation ! Eating has been a bit crap too and still not drinking enough. I need words with myself !! However should still have a loss this week (hardly surprising though in view of last weeks humungous gain !)

Normal service will be resumed next week - promise !

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Good job Dawnie is keeping the home fires burning!

Got to get our collective heads into gear Gail..
You go first - you're our leader:p

Back