Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hi Alli - I learnt them because you need them for Spanish.
I've done a post on your own diary about how to get them!

Welcome home to minis and i am so impressed with your game face! :) :hug99:

Hi Gail, lovely to have you back! Glad you had a good time while you were away and that you managed to come back lighter than you went!

I know you'll get the rest of it off asap and then you can decide whether to call an interim target for a while, or plod on!

I had a lovely hols too and came back having STS. Then went on a long weekend with some girlfriends and came back 1lb heavier (a good result given the amount of beer and desserts consumed!). Lost 3lbs this week and am the proud owner of a new shiny! Oh, and there's a new man on the scene... :D

xxx

Welcome back Gail, glad you had a nice time on holiday - 8.5lb gain will be off in no time :) x

Welcome back Gail, nice to see you on minis again :D

What I have been doing:-

Faffed about with various diet plans, can't make my mind up and stick to one :cry:

Went to see Bev over in Spain :D

Still trying to forget this bleddy ringing in my head - 4 months and counting. All the various medical tests I've had done have found nothing. Now back to the Doc on Saturday and also the Dentist on Saturday as this all started after some dental treatment :sigh:

Still no man :( Oh and moving in 3 weeks time.......again, seems to be an annual event :cry:

Well, you did ask :8855:xxx

Thanks for the update :D

Sorry I've not been around much. Work is sooooooo busy. Was in for 13 hours on Saturday, 9 hours on Sunday and again today. No rest for the wicked........

Food generally going well. I'm drinking much more which is actually a really good marker for me about how food is going - if i haven't drunk well, my food is usually not good and ditto the other way round - there's a lesson somewhere there for me !!!! No exercise yet though which I feel a bit guilty about.

I feel a bit impatient but I keep telling myself (again) that this is not a race so I'm ok about it. Feel comfortable that I'm heading in the right direction albeit slowly but I suppose a bit anxious at times that I'll fall off my perch (again) before I at least get back to where I was before the hols and when I got 'stuck'. However at very least I have pretty much maintained for the last 6 months and even though that wasn't the intention, it is still a real achievement for me. I have never done that before (at any weight !). I know now that I will ALWAYS be a 'fat' person at heart (ie in my potential behaviour and thinking) no matter what my body weight is so I just have to accept that and learn to manage that !

This week went well apart from a meal out where I had a really delicious pudding (so no regrets there - I just accept that and enjoy it !) and chocolate fest on Saturday evening (probably work related from the day and not having eaten until v late) and again on Sunday (no excuses there - I was just TOTALLY gluttonous (?sp?) and shamefully over the top). I lost 1.5 lbs which is good but could have been 3 if it wasn't for Saturday night and today I had put that back on again :)o) so I will have to work hard this week to get another loss (which I fully intend to do).

I am gradually getting back onto peoples diaries which is good. I know I don't have to but I appreciate the support I receive from others and like to do the same if I can manage it.

Anyway, will try to keep posting on here when I can. Only another 8.5 lbs of this stone to go and past my 'stumbling block' !!!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Hard long working hours Gail so I think you've done very well. I'm glad you are about again and posting, I have missed you. xx

Woo hoo!

Gail's back! - must be time for the clocks to go forward already;)

Not that I'm suggesting you're hardly ever on here these days or anything:p

Can relate to this "fat" frame of mind. Apparently I am officially "normal" - I don't see it, feel it or even believe it.

You're not alone:cool:

Glad to see you lovely and positive!

I am totally with you with the whole fat potential thing. I may be slim now, but my brain hasn't caught up (like Minimus) and I know that what I want to do more than anything is fall face-first into a PizzaHut Meat feast- but that way, over there? Thar be monsters... and I'm not ready to face them yet.

Glad to see you lovely and positive!

I am totally with you with the whole fat potential thing. I may be slim now, but my brain hasn't caught up (like Minimus) and I know that what I want to do more than anything is fall face-first into a PizzaHut Meat feast- but that way, over there? Thar be monsters... and I'm not ready to face them yet.

Nah, you're immune, Mollusc. Go for it!
:cool:

Tell us about the monsters....

Actually, since I got to target, I've had my share ofblowouts (always repairing the damage afterwards)

One thing I haven't done and am scared to do is get hammered (drink)

Gail it's lovely to see you here, no matter how brief the visit xx

You know how much we miss you but it can't be helped hunni :( Life would be so much easier if it wasn't for work! ;)

I think you're doing just fine sweetie, especially considering the silly hours you're doing. You're maintaining or losing...to me that suggests you're still in control so that's great! And any gain showing today doesn't count cos you dont weigh until SUNDAY so there!!!

Take care sis and try not to over do it xxx

Lots of love xxx

One thing I haven't done and am scared to do is get hammered (drink)

Hmmm...

Think we'll have to remedy that in a couple of weeks...! :drunk:

skinnydawn said:
Gail it's lovely to see you here, no matter how brief the visit xx

You know how much we miss you but it can't be helped hunni :( Life would be so much easier if it wasn't for work! ;)

I think you're doing just fine sweetie, especially considering the silly hours you're doing. You're maintaining or losing...to me that suggests you're still in control so that's great! And any gain showing today doesn't count cos you dont weigh until SUNDAY so there!!!

Take care sis and try not to over do it xxx

Lots of love xxx

'Brief' ? Me ???????!!!! Ha ha :)

Thanks for your lovely comments. Actually I do feel fairly in control which feels good. Certainly more in control than in recent weeks. Still optimistic that I might be able to get over this 'hump' although I still have to get back to the hump first !

I'm ok about the gain from the weekend because I did the same last week. So fingers crossed, do my best (because I'm away tonight/tomorrow) and keep at it. Still keep looking at my clothes and thinking 'I'll never get into that' even though I'm already in it !!!

Thanks again. Hope to catch up again soon. Hope all is going well at home for you and the family.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hiya Gail

You know I'm with you on the "do this forever" - else I'd be back up there too. There are things I still miss (and yes a pizza is one!) and will always miss but will only ever be able to have in moderation for life!

And clothes! Like you I look at things and think they're too small.
I am an odd shape . . . :eek:
Always been much skinnier on the waist than the hips. I had to take some jeans in last week. Tried them on, pinned the darts into the waist, sewed them in plcae and though "Bl**dy h*ll - I'll never get those on, I've made them too small".
But in fact they are still a bit big.

Will we ever accept the new us? And be able to see what others do?

Last edited:
Hi Gail,

have just discovered this site and have spent the last two days (not solid, but spare moments) reading through your diary. wow wow wow. not just on your amazing weightloss, but with how candid and honest with yourself and everyone else you are. It was really inspiring to read.

I was also wondering something, towards the end, where you seem to maintain it seems to be because 'life gets in the way' sort of thing. I couldn't help thinking 'isn't that how it should be?' as we (well just you at the moment, but I hope to join you!) lose weight and energy and self-esteem increases, other things are bound to take a more central role, in fact that's kind of my goal.

You seem to be the busiest most energetic and enthusiastic person, maybe you were like that before you lost weight, I don't know, but that's what I find so inspiring and that's where I want to be.

It's been a real privilege reading about your journey, I hope you don't mind if I check in with it again.

All the best

Hatti xx

Yay Hatti - brilliant post.
Gail - see how you inspire everyone else?

Wow Hatti. What a really lovely post that has touched me a lot. You are most welcome on my thread. I started it to just try and help me remember what was motivating me and to write stuff down to be able to read back when I needed to. And it has done that as well as put me in contact with some really lovely people who understand how I feel.

You are right on much of what you say - life has got a bit in the way and I also agree with what you say about that being how it should be however I also know that in order to keep losing (which is ultimately what I'd like to do, no matter how slowly from now on) I need to find a little bit better balance and be a little more strict at some times (but obviously still to eat pudding when I'm out for dinner :p !). I seem to have the balance about right for maintaining though which is good :rolleyes:

I have always been a busy, enthusiastic person and I don't feel as though my energy levels have gone up since losing weight (because they were never low to start with - my physical stamina certainly has but not my 'energy') however I feel different and feel like I have something else - I just can't explain it but I feel so much more positive about me. I'm sorry if that sounds egocentric but it just is the way. I wish I could bottle that feeling for everyone else :). I don't know how much you have to lose or where you are on your journey but I am more than happy to help in any way.

Thanks again for your lovely comment.

Gail xx

. . . however I feel different and feel like I have something else - I just can't explain it but I feel so much more positive about me. I'm sorry if that sounds egocentric but it just is the way. I wish I could bottle that feeling for everyone else :).
Gail - this is exactly how I feel too!!!!
Although like you I still have the "doubting" moments too. But if I can help anyone else then I will as I just feel a "need" to help anyone who is struggling as much as I have on their weight loss trip - as so many people (including you chica) have helped and inspired me!

Hatti - feel free to give me a "yell" too any time you need a :whoopass:.
I'm much better than Gail at those! :D

Back