Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Nah, you're immune, Mollusc. Go for it!
:cool:

Tell us about the monsters....

Actually, since I got to target, I've had my share ofblowouts (always repairing the damage afterwards)

One thing I haven't done and am scared to do is get hammered (drink)

Sorry to hijack Gail's thread but I don't feel like I can head towards the monsters. I have ahd a 100% week, no extra Bs, no extra syns and oh look a gain of 1.5lbs. *shrug* I think my body wants to be fatter, but I'm not letting it- I will remain in target and I guess I'll live forever missing the taste of a Meat Feast or a Chicken supreme... le sigh. Since I can't even lose when on a "losing week" I don't know anymore.

Sorry, that was so depressed sounding. Forget it and think about dancing penguins.

Wow - thanks Jules. Didn't know that one!

Sorry to hijack Gail's thread but I don't feel like I can head towards the monsters. I have ahd a 100% week, no extra Bs, no extra syns and oh look a gain of 1.5lbs. *shrug* I think my body wants to be fatter, but I'm not letting it- I will remain in target and I guess I'll live forever missing the taste of a Meat Feast or a Chicken supreme... le sigh. Since I can't even lose when on a "losing week" I don't know anymore.

Sorry, that was so depressed sounding. Forget it and think about dancing penguins.

Sorry to hear that you're finding things a bit more difficult. It doesn't seem fair but I understand why you have chosen to stick with it. I would also argue (although I'm sure this is one of those things where it's a 'do as I say, not as I do' !)that a 1.5lb gain when you're at target really is fine. Our weight varies so much for a whole number of reasons so even though you don't like gaining, do you not have weeks where you lose for no obvious reason just like the other way round this week ?

Big hugs for you though whatever the reasons for needing them.

Gail x

Before you start beating yourself up, think of all your positives Mollusc! I believe you are still within taret range? - in fact i don't think you've been outside it- above or below am I right?

What a terrible inspiration you are to us all;)

You could probably replicate last week and have a loss!

Sorry to hear that you're finding things a bit more difficult. It doesn't seem fair but I understand why you have chosen to stick with it. I would also argue (although I'm sure this is one of those things where it's a 'do as I say, not as I do' !)that a 1.5lb gain when you're at target really is fine. Our weight varies so much for a whole number of reasons so even though you don't like gaining, do you not have weeks where you lose for no obvious reason just like the other way round this week ?

Big hugs for you though whatever the reasons for needing them.

Gail x

Thank you Gail. I know I'm just being a silly girlie but it just gets me down. i still am doing losing weeks but I just can't predict the outcome. I know I'm just being a moan, sorry. Thanks! :hug99:

Before you start beating yourself up, think of all your positives Mollusc! I believe you are still within taret range? - in fact i don't think you've been outside it- above or below am I right?

What a terrible inspiration you are to us all;)

You could probably replicate last week and have a loss!

You're right, so far not been out of target since 31st March (when I called). I hope that I don't gain this week, cause that would SUCK, but I guess this is my inner perfectionist coming out to drive me craaaaazzy!

Thank you for your support and SORRY for being a moaning millie on Gail's upbeat thread!

Well. Not having a great week. Work was very busy which didn't help. Food wise, I'm having a few good days in the week but not enough. Definitely going to have a sizeable gain this week. Likely to take me back to where I was when I got back from hols :( so still > 7 lbs up from where I want to be. Grrrrrr.

So, time for a slight change of tack........(again !) :)

1. I am going to write down everything I eat on here for a few days/weeks to try and make me accountable (I read this on Bess's thread I think :cool:)

2. I have written something short (amazingly for me !) on my iphone to carry round with me. I am going to try and read it before consuming any syns and definitely try to read before deliberately going off plan.

It goes like this:

'This has been written on 25th November 2011 and should be read before consuming syns !

1. You have a work night out to go to in about 4 weeks. What will you wear if you can't fit into your dress (Extra note for Minis - I haven't tried it but I assume that it probably won't fit at the moment :()

2. You can't fit into some of your work clothes already. Eating this can only make that worse leaving you with even less tops to wear. Then you will have to stop wearing more stuff and start buying bigger clothes (a slippery slope.........)

3. This may only be 1 item of food but you know that these things add up AND you know that one thing leads to another. So please read 1 and 2 above again and put this back for another time (which there will be so what's the rush)

N.B. Have you drunk enough today ?

Lots of love

the new slimmer and happier Gail xxx'

I hope that it will help to read this when I need to but watch this space.....

3. Drink more. I was telling Dawn that what I eat (or eat least how far off plan or not I am) is almost directly related to what I drink. So I must drink more because that really helps.

So that is my plan. I don't mind that this is another 'start again' in some ways. As someone said, if you are learning a musical instrument and you get something wrong or make a mistake, you don't give up trying. I will be learning on my instruments for the rest of my life and this will be no different ! It's not my first 'start again' and it definitely won't be my last !

I'll keep you updated. Wish me luck :rolleyes:

Gail x

Good luck Gail. You can do it. :hug99:

Thanks Mollusc. I hope to get back on your thread this weekend. Fingers crossed !!

Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

Gail x

Don't worry about catching up on me! I'm waaaay too prolific a writer! ;)

What does prolific mean? - big words scare me;)

What Gail was saying about the drinking more is true.

A work colleague introduced me to hot/warm water (not too hot for obvious reasons). At first I couldn't see the point but he swore it aids digestions etc.

I have to say it really workks for me - despite the unusual concept. A squeeze of lemon juice might help with the taste (natural or a jif squeezy).

Got to be worth a try.

Last edited:
I love hot water and lemon Steve and drink it often. It's nice with slices of ginger too. :)

Good luck Gail, not that you'll need it, you are very well organised. I think the memo on your phone is a great idea. I hope work is less frenetic soon, or is that very unlikely? xxx

Thanks Bess and Steve (and Shrimpy),

Today was a good day and even though it's not over yet (and obviously the evening is generally my dangerous time) but I know that today will be fine. I have had my little reminder on my iphone in my mind (particularly the dress for the xmas party) and feel totally in control. Only one day so I'm not counting any chickens until I can get a couple of weeks under my belt but it's one day at a time. I'm not too bothered about what I lose (well, ish !) because I know if I eat sensibly, the weight loss will follow. However I will have to sign in with a gain tomorrow. Shame. I thought about weighing in early today for the new start but then decided that Sunday is my weigh in day so I will stick to that as usual.

I have had about 1.5 litres of squash so far (which is very good for me and as I said in the past a fairly good indicator that food will be fine too).

Food (EE):

Breakfast/lunch - Mullerlight cheesecake yoghurt (1 syn) plus a pear and melon (I didn't get up til late !)

Evening - 3 oz dried spaghetti (probably didn't need that much but in my mind I did when I weighed it !), homemade spaghetti bolognaise sauce (v low fat mince, tomato, onion, courgette, pepper plus herbs etc), 18g cheddar cheese (HexA plus some milk in a coffee), courgette fried in frylight plus some lettuce. I hope it was enough for 1/3 superfree - I had quite a lot of spaghetti and sauce.

Still have my HexB and any syns (up to 14) that I choose to consume tonight. I will probably (hopefully) not have many more syns tonight to try and pull back on the damage I did earlier this week but I will use them if I need to. Will try and have a couple more glasses of squash as well.

Anyway, see you all tomorrow with my gain result :cry:.

Gail x

What a good day! Celebrate each victory, this is what gives us the will to continue, so well done. Well done with the eating and for the drinking.

Enjoy tonights syns and your HExB! Don't worry about the gain tomorrow, cause you're already on the way to fixing it. :)

Today's result was + 1 lb which I'm happy with (and have kept my 5 stone shiny - yay). And WI was a little earlier than last week.

Still feeling positive. My 'note to self' is really helping.

Yesterday's food was finished off with a bag of caramel Special K nibble things (5 syns) so total 6 syns but didn't have my HexB in the end.

Today (? EE or maybe green and use the mince as my 2nd HexB):

Lunch - 2.5 oz dried spaghetti with mince bolognaise (free) with 18g cheddar cheese (part of HexA) with courgette, lettuce and beetroot. Melon for afters.

Tea: planning to try falafels (free) with some superfree (? Salad), Greek yoghurt 2% (? A couple of syns I think) with mint sauce stirred in (a couple more syns I think) and maybe some SW chips.

Still have HexB to go along with maybe 4-5 syns for a mini chocolate or bag of special K things and some fruit to fill me up. I know it's all a bit vague but it will be within syns. Have drunk loads today which is a good indicator :)

An going to try my dress on later to see how far I have to go in 3.5 weeks.

Hoping for a good loss this week.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Depends on which mint sauce *i think* the coleman's fresh garden mint one is free. Otherwise sounds really nice.

What's the dress like?

Food update:

Falafel were delicious. Had with SW chips and salad. Definitely ate too much though - the falafel and chips could have fed 3 or maybe even 4 but eaten between 2 of us. Just ate it because it was there. Am usually ok with portion sizes but only because I know how many people a recipe feeds so I'll know for next time.

Syns - 0.5 (yogurt), 2 mint jelly, half a slice of M&S cheesecake - 8.5 (v proud that I only had half a slice - would have loved to have eaten all of it).

HexB - HiFi bar.

So 2 days in a row. Yay.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hello lovely!

Brilliant posts sis! So good to see you doing so well! I especially like your reminder note to yourself! What a good idea that is x

And after all that worrying you only put one tiny pound on! That's really good Gail...no wonder you're pleased with that.

How did you get on with your dress? Is it one of those new ones you bought a few weeks ago? I'm sure you'll be ok xxx

Now don't be too late to bed young lady...big sis knows best! Xx

Back