Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Thanks all. WI was rubbish as expected. +4 lbs so nearly back to square one. I have spoken to a friend of the family who does some hypnotherapy/neuro linguistic programming and other psycho babble in the hope that I may be able to find a slightly better balance in my life. I am so happy with what I have achieved and even if I'm struggling at the moment, life is still infinitely better than it was. But I know that I need to keep working at it in order to maintain it. I don't care how long it takes (look at Bev, Heather, Spanx, Elle bear for examples of 'slow' but successful losers) but I really want to find a way of doing that.

So, back on track (again) tomorrow and small steps.

Gail x

P.S. Dawn - i nearly texted you on Saturday before you posted but it was late. sorry I didn't get a chance to call today but I might try tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks for looking out for me though :)

Steve - thanks for the offer of hypno. Very kind ? I think I may pass on that one though...........

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Gail x

I'll be in all night after 7 if u want to phone...no worries if not! Xx

Hola chica - don't panic Mr Mainwaring!!! You know that you can lose weight - and very successfully too. Christmas is a real booger. All the food ads tempting you, all the parties to go to etc etc and all the booze . . . hell I can't resist the booze as is evidenced by my binge on Friday night.

I've siad it to lots of people this week - just do the best you can and start afresh in January. I'll be there with you as I'm expecting a big gain due to 4 days in an all-inclusive hotel! :eek:

Hi Gail, sorry I have been missing but thank you for the post in my diary :)

Sorry to hear you have been struggling (me too :(). The hypno sounds good though, you will have to let us know how it goes.

Becky x

Hola chica - don't panic Mr Mainwaring!!! You know that you can lose weight - and very successfully too. Christmas is a real booger. All the food ads tempting you, all the parties to go to etc etc and all the booze . . . hell I can't resist the booze as is evidenced by my binge on Friday night.

I've siad it to lots of people this week - just do the best you can and start afresh in January. I'll be there with you as I'm expecting a big gain due to 4 days in an all-inclusive hotel! :eek:

I agree.

And for you, Bev, and Gail, and everyone else who's struggling:

I know we're all focussed on how terrible it's going to be between Christmas and New Year. But it's just 1 week.

But how it is between New Year and Christmas is much more important. That's a whole 51 weeks.

There's no way that 1 bad week can undo all the good that we can manage, even if we do well in only a fraction of those other 51 weeks.

So let's not give ourselves a hard time, but celebrate what we have achieved, and what we will carry on achieving in 2012.

Here's to the time between New Year and Christmas.

I agree.

And for you, Bev, and Gail, and everyone else who's struggling:

I know we're all focussed on how terrible it's going to be between Christmas and New Year. But it's just 1 week.

But how it is between New Year and Christmas is much more important. That's a whole 51 weeks.

There's no way that 1 bad week can undo all the good that we can manage, even if we do well in only a fraction of those other 51 weeks.

So let's not give ourselves a hard time, but celebrate what we have achieved, and what we will carry on achieving in 2012.

Here's to the time between New Year and Christmas.

Always the sage..............mind you I prefer my sage with onion at trhis time of the year lol:D

Excellent advice Sarah. I am with you 100% on this.

I think for the majority of us struggling and no one is struggling more than me I have regained most of the weight I lost have to accept that until Christmas and the New Year are over we are not going to get bnack on plan. It will be so miserable if we do not accept this very posotive attitude. I am positie it is the only way forward.

If you are feelinbg like me I am looking forward to be back on track again but know that without doubt it will not happen just yet because the trut is I do not want it to.

Gail, how about if after the New Year we start a "Strugglers Place " for all those of us who have fallen off the wagon big time but have the intellegence to know we have to get back on it.

Enjoy yourself guapa and kick out the guilt.

We will do it because we know we can,

:33::26::23:

Sarah, [STRIKE]nice lovely[/STRIKE] horrible Sarah.
Definitely the sage - thank you for a that [STRIKE]lovely[/STRIKE] post.
And like Sue, I like my sage not only with onion but turned into chestnut stuffing. Yum.

So to the time between Christmas and New Year lets all hit the "get back with it" track!

Gail, it seems that you are in good company with the struggling........I think everyone is right in that we have the right to enjoy the festivities, leaving the guilt alone for a few days and without losing sight of how far we have all come. Let's all look forward to 2012 and a renewed appetite (bad choice of word) for finishing the job we started. It is my mission that in 2012 I will have a Target banner as part of my avatar thingy :D You in???? xxxxxxxxx

Gail, I agree with everyone else.

Don't let your inner perfectionist take your accoplishments away from you. This is one week and you are amazing and maybe take 15mins today to list all the great things you have achieved this year then pin it up. LOOK how great you are, and one week of unadulterated delicious food will NOT ruin it, you won't let it, and you know what, naturally skinny people gain weight in xmas. That's why all the diet companies go crazy. Just enjoy the holidays and get back on track when you are ready.

:hug99:

Hi Gail sorry to hear that you are struggling but you are definitely not alone. I have been completly off track for the last few weeks. Its hard, especialy at this time of year. I have every faith in you Gail and believe that you will find your SW mojo very soon. Hope that you have a lovely Christmas. x

MerryChr.gif

Lots of hugs xxxxxxxx

Happy Christmas Gailster, and fellow Everest obsessive!

Nothing more to add - I think there's a few of us off-plan and not in the right frame of mind this Christmas. Hardly a cause for panic or a disaster.

I can only re-iterate it will make the inevitable losses seem much bigger when they return!

Trust me I'm dead old!

Steve
x

Thanks everyone. Merry Christmas. I haven't posted much but have been reading (and hiding a bit). As you know, I am waaaay off track at present. Have decided that I am back on track on 26th and will make a plan and post it here. I am not at home tonight so might as well have the 'maxi' weigh in on Monday as a start point. Cannot get any worse than that (I hope !!). Am definitely back in the 13's at the moment which is a big disappointment but hey ho, I have only myself to blame.

So, will post my plan on Monday/Tuesday when I get chance (I am working on Monday) but it will look something like this:

New 'note to self' to be read at least 3 times per day
Drinking water targets
Exercise targets (I have a run to do in May - might as well start training soon)
Syn targets which if I don't hit will be managed by removing all Syn stuff from the house (something I've never had to do while on SW but will if I don't stick to prearranged agreements with myself)
1 day at a time
targets (including getting back into specific items of clothes and rewards when I hit small loss targets)

And rereading some of my own advice to others who were struggling in the past - it's good advice I think, time to listen and learn !!!

Thanks Sue in particular for your note - I am definitely on for that. We can sort out what and how when I'm on the computer next (on my phone at the moment). A d Sarah for your excellent advice. I will reread that before making my new plan !

Happy Christmas to all. Whatever you have decided food wise ('good' or 'bad'), do it with gusto, enjoy and don't look back ! Hope you all have a wonderful day with your families and friends (and fond memories of those who can't be with us in person).

Lots of Love

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Happy Christmas gorgeous sis Gail!

Please enjoy it without worry or guilt...and follow our not nice sisters advice...cos its scarily good!

Love you loads Gail x

Merry Christmas Gail! I hope you had a good one. I'm sorry you've struggled a bit lately, I feel I've lost my way a bit these past few days. Christmas is a hard time! Hope you're feeling good about it all now that you've got your plan. I must say you and your plans always seem really good so I'm sure you'll do well chick! I would be interested to see what happens on your hypno if you do do it so keep us updated! :) lots of love x

Hiya Chica - I hope Christmas was a really nice time and that the plan for 2012 is cogitating nicely in the brain.

I'm heading for the scales tomorrow to see what damage I've achieved in the last 4 days in the hotel. Operation 2012 will commence soon!

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm now back on track and have been for 3 days (including today). Have a handful of syns to spare too (have had 2 + 13.5 + 13 so far).

So my plan:

Actually I don't have a formal plan yet. I like the one above but I haven't managed to put any specifics to that and seem to be doing ok (or have I been lulled into a false sense of security ??!). There is a tray of mince pies sat in my office that were calling to me today but they are only 4.5 or 5 syns each (mini ones) so even if I ate 3 a day tomorrow and Friday until they were gone, that would be ok.

So far the weight is dropping off so if I can keep this up, I should be on for a nice loss on Sunday. However I've said that before and it's all gone pear shaped towards the end of the week so I'll shut up and wait and see what Sunday brings. I'm optimistic of dropping (hopefully significantly) below the 13 stone mark bearing in mind that the last time I was 13 stone something was 18th April (for one week) and before that 28th Feb. Eeek.

Looking forward to getting this stone off and then re-evaluating where I'm up to with my 5.5 stone shiny firmly in my little mitts.

I'm back at work now (which is actually quite good because it's not too busy so a bit of 'catch up' time really). Off for the weekend though which will be nice. I hate New Year so I'm not doing anything on New Years eve - probably try to go to bed before midnight, virtually the only night of the year that I do that !!!

Thanks for all your support.

Gail x

Well done Gail on feeling positive, I'm sure you'll be where you want to be soon. Funny the different feelings New Year generates, people either love it or hate It I find. I'm in the former group, don't mind what we do or don't do to celebrate, I just love thinking we are on the way to spring again! xx

Back