Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Thanks all. I had managed to reverse most of that loss by this morning (!) however I have had a very good day today and I'm still hoping to work towards at least a STS this week or even a loss after my fine dining this coming weekend :)

I went to see a 'lady' today for 'therapy' (she does some hypnotherapy as well as a few other things so I didn't know what to expect). We ended up doing some stuff which was a technique combining some of the principles of osteopathy, neurolinguistic programming and life coaching. I went with my own specific goals (mainly around my food obsessions and inability to portion control when I'm out (compared to at home which is fine)) which I think was helpful because I have quite a clear idea of what I want to achieve (at least in the first instance). I feel like it went really well and feel quite enthusiastic about the possibility of it helping me. I have a bit of work to do in terms of practising the techniques so clearly we'll have to wait and see whether it helps me but if it doesn't, we'll look again at how to modify the techniques. Anyway, watch this space !

So, new year, new week, new start. Here we go again :)

Gail x

Hi Gail, the hypnotherapy type thing sounds promising - I thunk setting out what you want to achieve can be the most difficult part with things like that. I have my fingers crossed for you that it goes well :)

Ooo fine dining sounds good! good luck for a STS you can do it! X

Happy new year everyone :)

I lost 2.5 lb today. Should have been quite a bit more but for the 2 rubbish days at the end of the week - ooops. So, back on track now. Want to have a good week because I'm off fine dining at the weekend. Then WI on Monday. Hope for at least a STS but ideally 1 or 2 lbs. So, it's up to me :)

Thanks for all your support. Hope 2012 is a good year. I've been thinking about what I might want for this year. I think I'd like to get off the weight that I put on plus another 0.5-1 stone. That wouldn't take me to target yet but would get me over this hump that I've hit. That's all. I've accepted that this is a long term journey I'm on and as long as I can keep heading in the right direction, no matter how long it takes, that's ok :)

Gail x

2.5 lbs? Well done Gail, that's brilliant.

Thanks all. I had managed to reverse most of that loss by this morning (!) however I have had a very good day today and I'm still hoping to work towards at least a STS this week or even a loss after my fine dining this coming weekend :)

I went to see a 'lady' today for 'therapy' (she does some hypnotherapy as well as a few other things so I didn't know what to expect). We ended up doing some stuff which was a technique combining some of the principles of osteopathy, neurolinguistic programming and life coaching. I went with my own specific goals (mainly around my food obsessions and inability to portion control when I'm out (compared to at home which is fine)) which I think was helpful because I have quite a clear idea of what I want to achieve (at least in the first instance). I feel like it went really well and feel quite enthusiastic about the possibility of it helping me. I have a bit of work to do in terms of practising the techniques so clearly we'll have to wait and see whether it helps me but if it doesn't, we'll look again at how to modify the techniques. Anyway, watch this space !

So, new year, new week, new start. Here we go again :)

Gail x

The reversal must be water? Here's to the Hypno Gail, another friend has found it very helpful. xxx

Morning Gail and a very Happy New Year to you :D Also, well done on the 2.5lbs loss...fab considering all of the temptations around at this time of year (including Steve ;))

I lost a lb over the Christmas period, which I was really chuffed with......unheard of for me as I can easily gain 7lbs+ :eek:

I hope you have a good day and (as if you need further inspiration) remember the 4th??!!

xxx

Morning chica. Fine dining eh! That sounds soooo nice - it is something the Spanish are not renown for. Cheap and cheerful is the order of the day here.

He he, I'm really looking forward to the 4th. It's inspiring me to keep on track. Don't want to let all my Minis mates down - especially as Sarah, Dawn and Steve have all decided that they are aiming for a big loss by then.

Hi Gail,

just popped by to see how things are in your diary world and found I have missed so much.

I wish you a fantastic, wonderful, rewarding and healthy 2012 and perhaps we can meet sometime this year,

lots of hugs xxxxx:D

He he, I'm really looking forward to the 4th. It's inspiring me to keep on track. Don't want to let all my Minis mates down - especially as Sarah, Dawn and Steve have all decided that they are aiming for a big loss by then.
You and me both Bev (and Jess...she is coming too :D)

Got to be looking at my best....I've heard those Nottingham men are hot and needy :8855:

Ah but do they need hot 35 year old chicas or 56 year old mammas?

Morning chica. Fine dining eh! That sounds soooo nice - it is something the Spanish are not renown for. Cheap and cheerful is the order of the day here.

You mean the ones who take it seriously;)

What's with all this hypnotherapy? - anyone think if there's money to be made in this weightloss/guru lark, I could become an online motiovationalist.

Morning Gail, hope your week is going well!

X

Thanks for checking up on me Becky !

For once, me not being here much isn't because I'm hiding and misbehaving !! Week is going well. I'm drinking loads and eating sensibly. It's only been 3 and a half days but I haven't really felt any danger of going off track (although I have thought about it). I am away at the weekend so I really want to be 100% all week and then will be off plan on Saturday evening. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do for brunch at the hotel on Sunday yet but then will be back on plan. I may decide to WI on Saturday morning but I haven't decided yet.

Watching the baker boys today - chip butties and lovely men - almost makes up for the great british bake off not being on :p. I knew pastry was bad for you but I can see why now. 50% fat - eeeeek ! A bit like seeing the croissants being made on Great British Bake off. Double eeek !

Also watched the biggest loser yesterday which made me quite emotional. I just feel for those people going through such a public battle - almost easier for those who stay (although that must be pretty stressful too) because I presume that the environment is quite controlled and they are almost guaranteed to lose pretty well, but for those who get kicked off, having to be weighed in public and then everyone seeing that on TV must be really really hard. I never told ANYONE my weight before I started losing.

Anyway, better go and get some sleep. Busy day tomorrow.

Gail x

Night lovely Gail. Sleep well.

Hi Gail

I watched the Biggest Loser for the first time this week and realised I couldn't do what they do. I'd love to do the actual at the house bit, but I wouldn't be able to be weighed like that in public!

I know while they are in the house they are weighed and it gets shown to millions of people - but they're not standing right by you!

Well done on all your losses and what a drop to your BMI!!

Morning Gail !!!

So glad to see you are managing to stick with 100%.Today must be day 4 for you.

I must try and follow your example.

Have a great weekend if I don't manage to get on here again before then, busy, busy today and tomorrow.

big hugs xxx

Morning Gail, I'm glad to hear things are going well for you this week :) Whatever you decide to do re: weighing in I'm sure you will get a good result.

I agree the BL is a very public way to lose weight. I'm not sure I would have been able to do something like that if I had been given the opportunity. Really amazing to watch though!

Have a lovely weekend, enjoy the food and best of luck for WI,

Becky X

Just popped in to say Good Morning !!!

hugs xxx

Morning Sis!

I so enjoyed the phone call the other night! Isn't it exciting to make plans lol!!!

Can't wait to see you again Gail. Sort your diary out and then we can look at trains!

Lots of love x

Gail - have you got Jingle Bells somewhere on your diary? Someone has as it keeps playing to me when I leave a page open for a long time.

Definitely not me - my IT skills are ok bit definitely not good enough to add sound. I can't write much as i've had a lot to drink (out fine dining) but suffice to say I will be back on plan after my flexi Syn night tonight.

Gail x

image-2605082589.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Back