Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hey Gail. It's lovely to hear from you. I'm glad you're getting on top of things now, life can def be wearing at times eh? Seems you've got a great attitude about getting that weight back off, and you're right, just get back on it and let it take its natural course (which we all know will work!).
So fingers crossed things remain a bit calmer for you. It's ok to tell people no every so often. You need to look after Gail too. Take care honey, and look forward to seeing you on here more often xxx

P.s. everytime I walk through Piccadilly I now think of you and Cinnabon! True story! lol

Hi Gail!

Sorry to hear you have had such a tough time recently, but I'm mighty impressed with your running. Wow well done! It doesn't matter where you come, it's your own personal challenge so try beat your own time and don't worry where everyone else is.

When and where you are going on holiday? I think a 1lb loss a week is a good philosophy, I think I'm going to aim for that. It's silly because 1lb each week is achievable yet I expect more and then when I don't, I get annoyed and end up going off plan!!

Hope you're having a nice relaxing Sunday and work isn't too busy this week

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chica !!!!!

It's sooooo good to see you back. Don't worry about looking at my diary. I ain't done much apart from go on holiday and gain weight since we last met up !!!!

You know that a pound a week should be easy for you and that's over 3½ st a year!! And you don't need to lose that much now do you chica?

Running? Blumin' 'eck. Where did that come from? Way to go girl.

Learn to say no. That was one of my downfalls and the more you take on the more stressed you get, and the more unnatural your behaviour comes.

So hit that plan and head for your holibobs. (Florida again?).

Or come and say hello to me here. You're welcome - even if just for a weekend if you have the time. Chill in the hot tub. Stroll on the beach. Whatever!!!!!

Hello Gail. So pleased you are posting again !

I havent written on your diary before, but your absence was certainly noticed.

I'm really proud of you for getting back on the horse and I'm certain with your fabulous attitude and your lovely loyal little mini gang you will do just grand !

Well done and good luck :)

Hi Gail,

So sorry to hear you've had a rough time lately. I'm more and more convinced that we are SW twins! I have been AWOL for a couple of months, during which time I have put on probably about a stone, maybe more - I haven't dared get on the scales yet!

My initial slip up was due to stress too, but then I seemed to fall back into bad old habits - mainly centered on bread, chocolate and wine - and I just couldn't get my head in the right place.

I'm still not sure it's there, but I am now determined to get back on track... I will be WI tomorrow to reset all my stats and then re-joining the Sunday Weighers thread...with my tail firmly between my legs!

We've done the difficult bit, owning up to our fall from grace and vowing to get back on that horse, so it's onwards and downwards from here!

xxx

It's great to hear from you Gail, sorry that things have not been so good for you recently but I'm pleased to hear everything seems to be settling down again.

Well done on starting the running, it's great that you are going it with a friend and I totally agree when you say you can only improve, although it looks like you have made a great start already :)

I think your 1lb a week goal sounds very sensible and achievable, I know you can do it!

I hope things stay calm for now,

Becky X

Hi Gail

nice to see you back, seems like a few of us are really struggling at the moment, so kudos to you for getting back on it, and also getting back running. I envy your motivation!!

xxx

Hi guys x

Had a lovely text from the even lovelier Gail to say that the diving is amazing and that she's having a wonderful holiday! :)

And she sends her love to all her minis friends and will be posting again once she's home and settled again xxx

Oh err - is she off on that fantastic boat at the mo?

She is Bev!

And she's "muck diving" today! Sounds disgusting doesn't it lol! Apparently the water in this particular area is very dirty, but elsewhere it's been amazing :)

I'm baaaaaaack :D And feeling exhausted but totally invigorated.

Brief highlights - boat was AMAZING. Rooms were as big as a hotel room and the bathrooms bigger than many hotels I've been in. Got a room to myself as the only single female traveller :). Crew were fantastic and very attentive (especially to the only single female traveller.......;)) ! Diving was great - beginning part of the trip was beautiful reef, second part mucky 'muck diving' (ie diving in a junk yard but you tend to find the weird and wonderful stuff there although it is quite disgusting to dive in !). Currents were variable - some stronger currents at times which made me very pleased that I'd done the 4 weeks of running which had really started to improve my fitness.

The absolute best thing that I did for this trip was to buy some swimming shorts (like cycling shorts made out of swimming material) along with (supportive) tankini tops. As much as I probably looked a little bit weird in the shorts (all the other girls were teeny tiny or fabulously curvy in bikinis or costumes), the fact that I didn't need to worry about my legs was such an enormous plus and took away so many anxieties that I would have had otherwise. Plus it made the wetsuit much easier to put on.

Food wise - the best holiday that I'd ever been on (in terms of how I coped). Obviously lots of food (eating frequently, after every dive) which was delicious. Pretty much ate what I want but not excessively. Cut down my breakfast portions over the trip because I found I just wasn't getting hungry in the mornings (2 breakfasts, then lunch by about 12.40 !) but had what I wanted (toast with peanut butter and jam, banana pancakes with syrup *drool*). Probably had slightly too big (self service) portions at lunch but didn't stress about it. Dinner was served so I just had what I was given but asked for no potatoes. Didn't snack on the biscuits/peanuts around and didn't eat all the chocolates left on my bed. Little alcohol except on 2 nights with some consequences.....:eek: oops !

So net result will be determined either at tomorrows/thursdays weigh in (to allow me to 'dry out' from the flight) but it looks like at worst case it will be a STS and best case a few lbs loss. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

So, will try and start catching up on threads (when I can work out how the new site works !) but just wanted to say hi. Thanks for your messages and thoughts while I've been away.

Gail x

Yay . . . Gail is back!!!!
Glad you enjoyed your holiday and if you manage a STS or a loss I'll come round and poke your eyes out!!! That is just not fair!!!!
But bleddy well done!

So glad you're back Sis!!! And all refreshed and SKINNY from your holiday!!!

Thanks for the lovely chat this afternoon :) I told Gwyn about the park run, and after he stopped laughing (;)), he was actually quite encouraging lol!

Hope work is ok tomorrow ... And try to hang on to this relaxed, chilled out you!!!

Lots of love and speak very soon xxx

Well, net result from the holiday was a loss of 3 lbs. How chuffed am I ! I thought I'd lost weight while away because my clothes felt looser but I didn't know whether that was because they got worn ! Today's weigh in was another 1 lb off (almost 1.5lb) giving me back my 5 stone shiny - YAAAAAAAAY. I haven't had that since Feb (and even that was only for about 2 weeks while I wasn't eating properly due to stress - before that it was Nov/Dec I think). Food has been so-so since being back but definitely on the right track and I have been running regularly since then which is going well. So, important thing now is consistency. I am doing the same as I was before holiday which is to give myself a short term goal of 1lb a week for the next 3 weeks. So WI on 6 May, I would like to be 12 stone 6 lb or less. No big holidays or anything else to trip me up for a while so I am optimistic.

Trying to catch up on people's diaries so hopefully see you there soon :)

Gail x

Yippee - that's a great result chica. And the 5 st shiney back as well!

Hi Sis x :wavey:

Brilliant result hunni and so deserved! :happy036: You obviously made some pretty good food choices while you were away, and the diving must burn up loads of calories too x

You really sound like a totally different person! That holiday came at just the right time for you, and I'm so thrilled to hear you so positive and happy. :) It's a shame you can't have them more regularly, like every other week...that would certainly make life more fun. It's makes such a difference to have things to look forward to, and back on x

Still...you do have ME to look forward to lol!!! :8855:

Lots of love xxx :bighug:

Hi Gail, glad to hear you had a fab holiday - and very well done for losing while away - stupendous!

Can't believe no one else has grilled you on what the :eek: after your drinking meant...!!! Come on, spill the beans! xxx

Back