Gain on SW should I switch?!!!

Crunchy

Have been following the green plan on SW as I'm a veggie, I have been following it to the letter and not going over on syns. I started on Wednesday. I have been eating more (I haven't skipped breakfast like usual) I have been eating healthy and snacking on fruit. I know I should only weigh at class BUT I have GAINED a pound. Now I'm debating whether to join WW instead as I did lose weight on that plan even with an under active thyroid( I have meds for) PLEASE HELP, should I switch??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Watch those free foods. You say you've been snacking on fruit. 2 portions of fruit a day is enough. If you're eating correct meals, you shouldn't really need to snack - certainly not as a regular thing. Check the portion sizes. Good luck. This diet does work and I think it's easier and more flexible than WW.

4days is nothing. That far into a new diet your gain is almost certainly from what you ate before you started slimming world. Are you vegetarian? I used to alternate red and green days. I didn't get on well with extra easy plan but had my best losses with red and green.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't think you've given yourself enough time to think about giving up, are you using the mid-week gain as an excuse?

Do you really want to lose weight.

At the end of the day the only WI which matters is the weekly one either at home or in class - whichever you do.

Like people have already said, you need to give it more time and remember that it is more than normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day depending on a range of factors like fluid retention and assuming you're female then you may weigh differenly throughout your cycle.

Give it time, stay positive and don't give up on anything at the first hurdle but at the end of the day only you can decide what kind of plan works for you and your lifestyle.

I kept at it and saw a 1.5lb loss by the weeks up, this week I seem to be down a LOT I can't quite believe it is working, it has given me so much hope that I can do this. I have been fat for 12 years and I finally can see a way out :D

Crunchy, that's fabulous!!!
Mandlegrot (are you a Hobbit?!) don't feel down if you don't lose as much every week. You should expect to lose about 1 to 2 lbs a week.

Oh yes first week luck - I maintained last weigh in even though I tried harder. I think I will be one of those yo-yo ones :(

I don't think I'm a hobbit, if not I'm a massive one!!

Never weigh yourself leave it to classes only, your scales won't be same as the class. Weight can flutulant thorough out the day it doesn't mean your not losing weight. Give it time ur see results.

Back