Gained 1lb on induction!

*AnnaMaria*

Silver Member
My diet before consisted of 2 toast with butter, fruit for lunch (fair bit) then things like pork chop and chips, or curry and rice for tea at night.

My sticks show I am in Ketosis. I do actually feel a little slimmer (my left toe looks smaller) than last week. Any ideas? Should I be counting calories as well and not seeing meat as being a free for all?

No TT, don't panic, I've seen this happen before. How long are we talking about here?

If it's a week, look back at what you've eaten and let's see if we can find something you shouldn't have eaten. Also are you drinking your water?

I was drinking a lot of fruit tea, then saw it was 0.3g so stopped that. Last Saturday I wobbled with 3 little cocktails, and a Jamaican dumpling. Other than that, and one glass of wine a day, I have been good as gold. I really hope I don't have to sacrifice the wine too :-(

I don't drink a lot of water, more tea really. This may be the reason as my throat is always dry. Trouble is I am a teacher and my loo breaks are limited to two a day - I guess I would have to line up the pints at night and spend all night piddling?

Last edited:
I agree with Jim, it could be down to something as simple as the wrong kind of meat or ausages or whathaveyou, or poor water intake. Don't get disheartened mate. x x

Ooops crossed posts LOL. Could you maybe drink lots in a late morning as you have morning break and lunch I'm guessing for loo visit? And then lots late afternoon ready for end of school day? And maybe again with your evening meal so you're water intake is done for say 8ish? I try and have a pint of water before or with every meal that way its not such a battle to get it down. if you're having wine every day the alcohol is going to be marginally dehydrating so you need to have extra water to combat this, same as if you ate something really salty.

Spot on rela, couldn't have put it better myself love.

Thanks both, I will try - I hate water!!

It's an acquired taste TT, but once you get used to it it's easy, promise. :)

Try drinking your water at room temperature with a straw. It just goes down and you dont really feel it or taste it. I find the more I drink the more my body craves the stuff.

If you can I would really try and give up the wine. Our bodies will burn up the calories from alcohol before anything else. If you are drinking everyday it could be having an effect on your weight loss. I think you are supposed to not drink for the first two weeks to give your body the best chance of burning fat. After the first 2 weeks I think it is better to restrict it to 2 nights a week so its not always in your system.

Jac

Try drinking your water at room temperature with a straw. It just goes down and you dont really feel it or taste it. I find the more I drink the more my body craves the stuff.

If you can I would really try and give up the wine. Our bodies will burn up the calories from alcohol before anything else. If you are drinking everyday it could be having an effect on your weight loss. I think you are supposed to not drink for the first two weeks to give your body the best chance of burning fat. After the first 2 weeks I think it is better to restrict it to 2 nights a week so its not always in your system.

Jac

Thanks Jac, I think the room temp thing will help, its the ice coldness I don't like! As for wine, I know the theory, but am just not doing it!

Last edited:
You were all right, I began peeing for England, my dry throat has almost gone, and I definitely feel slimmer! Thanks :)

Join the club :) or should that be the queue ;)

Good stuff TT :)

Back