Extra Easy Gained in 2nd week

Gillbob

Hey everyone. Going for third weigh in on Wednesday night and nervous. Last week I had a pound and a half on while following the plan to a t!! Was gutted, only had 1 pound off in first week too so I'm now heavier than I started! Anyone else had this? I was a big weight watcher and thought it could be my body getting used to the food! Any ideas? I have the weight to lose so nervous about weigh in this week. Was out on Saturday night but hopefully was sensible enough...!

It's hard to say without seeing what you're eating. Is there any chance you can post a food diary so we can have a look?

I have been doing the hand written diaries. Not sure how to post on here!! All I know us that I syned everything and was so upset to have a gain! Have persevered this week so maybe it will catch up this week!

There's many factors that can have an impact on not getting the result you want though, not just how many syns you have. Guesstimating instead of weighing, assuming something's a healthy extra or free food when it's not, not having enough superfree to name just a few. So as you can see its hard to tell you where you may have gone wrong if you can't tell us what you've had.

Hi Gillbob. I only lost 0.5lb in my first week and on a previous attempt I was stopping and stalling all the time, despite following plan 100% and not using all my syns. I found that I was eating too many starchy things like pasta and rice so it might be a case of watching your portion sizes. The calories really rack up there and can seriously slow you down! The other thing I fell down on last time was not having enough superfree - you really need to make sure you have a whole 1/3 SF.

The other things I've heard of through my group are people drinking the wrong things (Hi Juice, fruit juices) or using things that aren't Healthy Extras (one girl was having Jordan's Country Crisp with Activia pouring yoghurt - and not weighing them anyway!) Do you take your food diaries to WI to show your consultant?

Sometimes a little gain can just be your body readjusting or needing a good clear out, if you know what I mean! If I have eaten a lot but not 'been' then I can find myself up on the previous week's WI. Another woman at group gained 5lbs the other week despite sticking to plan because she'd given up smoking and the tablets encouraged water retention - a pint of water is 1lb and a quarter so bear that in mind!

I found that I had quite low losses for my few couple of weeks on SW the first time round, then it sped up. Still not sure why, but I second the post about whether you may be, erm, clogged up.

I would highly recommend posting a food diary - people on here are really helpful of there's something you could do differently, or if you're not getting the plan quite spot on.

Back