Gained weight but lost inches?? Anyone?

newlou

On my weigh-in Monday just gone, I had gained 0.5lbs and had only lost half an inch from my hips. Today (2 days later), I thought I looked slimmer and so measured myself again and compared with Monday's results - I have lost a further half an inch from my chest, one inch from my waist and half an inch from my hips.

How could that happen? I know that I wouldn't have had a rapid weight loss in 2 days!

That does sound strange. The only thing I can think of it being is water retention but then I don't think that would affect your whole body.

Off topic completely but it's good to see a local on here. I'm a similar weight (although much shorter)...let me know if you would like to buddy up :)

I can have a higher weight but lower measurements on a longer term basis because of exercise. The fact that the change for you has been over days could be just down to the fact that you can never guarantee measuring in the exact same place every time

I've had this over the last 2 weeks.. two small gains despite much effort in the pool, wont lie the second week really quite got to me and rocked me further during a rocky patch of slimming world effort!! It's been a hard hard slog in the last few months to get myself back on track and the 2 small gains over the last 2 weeks have really knocked me for 6, leaving me quite upset following this weeks weigh in.

Its nothing short of full on annoying, I feel your pain!

Back