Gaining all the weight back?

sammyzip50

Silver Member
For what I am gathering is that some of you like me will take time off over the festive season. However though it is likely to gain weight at this time of the year is it likely to gain most of the weight that you lose?

For example: I lose 20lbs by Christmas and take two weeks off and more or less gain 10-15lbs without event trying as most of it was water anyway?

Any experiences to share? Will I be back at square one literally or square three?

if i still had a long way to go and i really wanted to come off the diet for the break, i would probably go up to step three/1000 as a base for the two weeks, with the addition that on special occasions i am allowed to stray from the diet but not go too crazy.

you will still probably gain that 7lbs for the water/glycogen gain, but if you allow yourself whatever you want for two full weeks you will probably gain loads more, and only the first 7lbs will come off straight away.

however, even if you fully come off it, you could think of it as that you would probably gain weight over Christmas anyway, so if you take some off beforehand you are reducing the damage, so you may be back to square one but not in minus squares...

I think it depends. People how different amounts of water. Hence why everyone's week 1 loss is so different. Unfortunately the larger your week 1 loss - the more water you hold - so the more you might put back on.
On the plus side - you'll lose it fast again though.

I don't think it's the few days at Christmas itself but the getting back on track afterwards. I gained about three pounds on my holiday and was quite pleased. But the next two weeks I ate even more. Big mistake. And gained more. Anyway I'm going to have a meal out before Christmas that has been arranged then a couple of days off over Christmas itself and try and not be still thinking about getting over Christmas in February.

Back