Gains/STS since joining?

i put on a lb 1 week and was absolutely gutted as i was 100% or so i thought turned out i wasnt eating enough

Bit baffled put on 0.5lbs in my 3rd wk. Sts last week but that was because I had a wedding and 107.5 syns on the Saturday. Hopefully lost this week but doesn't feel like it!

I have had a fair few, mine are always water related and Im prepared for them now...wasnt fair to begin with though as I think I have only been off plan twice since joining and I am 100% religious to the point of obsession! I write everything in a diary as well as on here!!!

I gained in my second week as I had 2 nights out - one to Jamie's Italian where I managed a measley 22 syns and one to a housewarming party where I was lured by onion bhaji's and wine and racked up 54 syns!

There are always going to be times when you have a sts or a gain we are only human and every one has a wobble every now and then! Just be prepared for that and dont give youself to much of a hard time about it when it does happen!!

I have been doing it since april and only had gains about 3 or 4 times and that was either because i was on holiday or because i didnt stay on plan 100%!

I have stuck to the plan 100% APART from Saturday when I went to an all-you-can-eat chinese buffet :( I had a platefull of starters (prawn toast, mini spring rolls, chicken in batter, prawn crackers etc), some rice, nodles & a small serving of beef in peking sauce and a slice of cake & cream :( How likely am I to gain? Or do you think ill get by with a STS? I WI otnight and I am dreading it :( :(

I have yet to have a gain or sts, I know its gonna happen at some point, and im dreading it, got weigh in tonight, lets just hope its not this week it happens lol

Last edited:
I gained 1.5 on my 6th week but it was my fault. I was upto 6.5lb weight loss and fell off the wagon completely for 2 weeks. Was lucky I didn't gain any more than that. Am back on the straight and narrow now though.

I have had two gains since I started sw. Both were down to holidays and the gain both times was 1.5lbs. On both holidays I induldged and embraced the holiday spirit so my gains were fully expected. I think you need to have days where you can totally relax and not think about following a plan it keeps me going!

After saying I havent had a gain or sts, i put on a pound this week:( cant think of anything different I have done, but not gonna let get me down, just gonna carry on and try harder this week

I stayed the same for 7 weeks in a row! (Well, I lost 0.5lbs one week in the middle and put it straight back on the week after!) I was going to WIs at sw but I was back and forward between that and counting calories. It's only the last week or so I've decided to stick with sw, but even last week I only lost 0.5lbs. 7 sts :-o

I've had about 23 WIs and in that time I think it's been 4 gains and 3 STSs (from memory but in that area). But I've had a LOT of 1/2lb losses too so feels slow and steady sometimes.

I try not to let STS or gains upset me too much now but they always will to some extent. You just have to carry on and put them behind you - easier said than done sometimes I know though :) xxxx

I think I am going to have a gain tomorrow even though my clothes feel looser and I have been good. It's my TOTM and I always weigh heavier at that time. Would be just my luck too because I had a gain last week and want to get back on track.

WI's can be funny things - I'm struggling to get back to target, and a few weeks ago had a really 'good' week, and STS.

The next week, feeling thoroughly demoralised, I had a couple of 'wobbles' - and lost 1.5lbs and shared SOTW!!!

I'll have missed 2 WI's next time I'm on the scales, partly due to another holiday in Cornwall, but I've pledged to be back at target by Christmas...!!!

Back