1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Gains/STS since joining?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jerricebenton, 17 November 2009 Social URL.

1. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Well-Known Member

Since you started SW, how many gains or STS have you had? Were there reasons for it, or were you a bit baffled by it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. missyxx

missyxx Well-Known Member

i put on a lb 1 week and was absolutely gutted as i was 100% or so i thought turned out i wasnt eating enough

4. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Bit baffled put on 0.5lbs in my 3rd wk. Sts last week but that was because I had a wedding and 107.5 syns on the Saturday. Hopefully lost this week but doesn't feel like it!

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

I have had a fair few, mine are always water related and Im prepared for them now...wasnt fair to begin with though as I think I have only been off plan twice since joining and I am 100% religious to the point of obsession! I write everything in a diary as well as on here!!!

6. VWBeetleGirl

VWBeetleGirl Chilli Queen!

I gained in my second week as I had 2 nights out - one to Jamie's Italian where I managed a measley 22 syns and one to a housewarming party where I was lured by onion bhaji's and wine and racked up 54 syns!

7. henna!

henna! I can do this............

There are always going to be times when you have a sts or a gain we are only human and every one has a wobble every now and then! Just be prepared for that and dont give youself to much of a hard time about it when it does happen!!

I have been doing it since april and only had gains about 3 or 4 times and that was either because i was on holiday or because i didnt stay on plan 100%!

8. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Well-Known Member

I have stuck to the plan 100% APART from Saturday when I went to an all-you-can-eat chinese buffet :( I had a platefull of starters (prawn toast, mini spring rolls, chicken in batter, prawn crackers etc), some rice, nodles & a small serving of beef in peking sauce and a slice of cake & cream :( How likely am I to gain? Or do you think ill get by with a STS? I WI otnight and I am dreading it :( :(

9. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Well-Known Member

I have yet to have a gain or sts, I know its gonna happen at some point, and im dreading it, got weigh in tonight, lets just hope its not this week it happens lol

Last edited: 17 November 2009
  10. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

I gained 1.5 on my 6th week but it was my fault. I was upto 6.5lb weight loss and fell off the wagon completely for 2 weeks. Was lucky I didn't gain any more than that. Am back on the straight and narrow now though.

11. nik86

nik86 Well-Known Member

I have had two gains since I started sw. Both were down to holidays and the gain both times was 1.5lbs. On both holidays I induldged and embraced the holiday spirit so my gains were fully expected. I think you need to have days where you can totally relax and not think about following a plan it keeps me going!

12. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Well-Known Member

After saying I havent had a gain or sts, i put on a pound this week:( cant think of anything different I have done, but not gonna let get me down, just gonna carry on and try harder this week

13. Jim Jam

Jim Jam Well-Known Member

I stayed the same for 7 weeks in a row! (Well, I lost 0.5lbs one week in the middle and put it straight back on the week after!) I was going to WIs at sw but I was back and forward between that and counting calories. It's only the last week or so I've decided to stick with sw, but even last week I only lost 0.5lbs. 7 sts :-o

14. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

I've had about 23 WIs and in that time I think it's been 4 gains and 3 STSs (from memory but in that area). But I've had a LOT of 1/2lb losses too so feels slow and steady sometimes.

I try not to let STS or gains upset me too much now but they always will to some extent. You just have to carry on and put them behind you - easier said than done sometimes I know though :) xxxx

15. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

I think I am going to have a gain tomorrow even though my clothes feel looser and I have been good. It's my TOTM and I always weigh heavier at that time. Would be just my luck too because I had a gain last week and want to get back on track.

16. Roz V

Roz V Well-Known Member

WI's can be funny things - I'm struggling to get back to target, and a few weeks ago had a really 'good' week, and STS.

The next week, feeling thoroughly demoralised, I had a couple of 'wobbles' - and lost 1.5lbs and shared SOTW!!!

I'll have missed 2 WI's next time I'm on the scales, partly due to another holiday in Cornwall, but I've pledged to be back at target by Christmas...!!!