Gallstone attack and 5lb gain

Fuffs

This is really the time!
Hi all

Well, since Monday morning, my body decided it would Bodge itself up, after a morning of running too much lol (all metaphors, so try to keep up lol)

I have a fibre powder in my drinks.... But my body has not moved.

Stomach is bloated and hurts. Back too. Culminating in such a back up, that I had my first gallbladder attack this year :(

So not much sleep. Stomach hurts and checked how this is all affecting my weight and am 5lbs up since Tuesday :(

I did take two laxatives last night as a last resort and that has moved me a tiny amount. But still, body hurts.

So, still upbeat, as I know I have not cheated at all. Just amazed how much weight it has put on me lol

Have a nice weekend everyone :)

I forgot too add, because of my nasty gallbladder attack in the night, had two pieces of wholemeal toast this morning. Got to sooth my body, then carb reduce again (more bloody headaches lol)

So won't weigh this Tuesday coming. Just going to let my body adjust, calm and be back on the ball :)

Oh Fuffs what a shame! I'm speaking from personal experience when I say I know how you feel. I have a constant pain in my lower back (right side) which only shifts when I go to the loo (once every three days or so) and I think this is a problem for some people on a low carb diet. :cry:

What usually makes you go? For me it's tomatoes so even though I know it might be a staller, I do eat at least one a day. The alternative would be having to stop this whole way of eating as facing the bathroom would be too traumatic! I wonder if the experts on this forum have any tips although I do think each person responds to different things. Hmm.:confused:

Another thing- don't weigh yourself so often, that's asking for trouble ;)

Oh fuffs you poor poor thing.
I do hope that doesn't happen for you again.
Feel better soon, and keep your chin up :)

xx

Hi

Thanks ladies :)

I don't usually weigh so often. Just was curious to know what this was doing to my body. A 5lb gain was the answer.

I am planning on getting flax this weekend. Hope it helps. Because it is sooooo uncomfortable!

I can try. It's one of those funny waiting around for different things days. I will try to get into town today. I am staying at my friends house tonight though. And another friend is coming from London. So worried about destroying the toilet(sorry tmi rofl!!!)

hey sorry to hear of your pain, I had gallstones last year but havn't experianced any pain this year (god i've probably jinxed myself now) I know it can be very painful, I was wondering how you deal with the pain? I was given morphine but that in itself made me sick - nothing else appeared to work. You know I think the reason i'm sticking to this diet so religously is so that I don't go through the pain, i used to get it after a takeaway.. everytime! so, what do you do when going through the pain?

Hi love

Sorry to hear you've been in such discomfort. I try to avoid red meat after midday because I get IBS type symptoms, and I try and have two meals a day with green leafy veg (usually lettuce, spinach, pak choy or cabbage) and that seems to keep me regular.

Hope you feel better soon!

hey sorry to hear of your pain, I had gallstones last year but havn't experianced any pain this year (god i've probably jinxed myself now) I know it can be very painful, I was wondering how you deal with the pain? I was given morphine but that in itself made me sick - nothing else appeared to work. You know I think the reason i'm sticking to this diet so religously is so that I don't go through the pain, i used to get it after a takeaway.. everytime! so, what do you do when going through the pain?

Nothing takes it away. This is my first attack since July last year. I am unsure why. Just think my backed up system causes it. Sometimes peppermint tea with ibuprofen wards off a threatening attack. It is horrid!

Hi love

Sorry to hear you've been in such discomfort. I try to avoid red meat after midday because I get IBS type symptoms, and I try and have two meals a day with green leafy veg (usually lettuce, spinach, pak choy or cabbage) and that seems to keep me regular.

Hope you feel better soon!

I am going to avoid red meat after lunch time from now on. I did have stewing steak last night. Maybe that was a bad idea on top of a backed up system lol

Oh Fuffs that's awful! I had to have my gallbladder removed, the pain's horrific and it was probably the constipation that triggered it. I hope you feel better soon, you're doing great just to keep upbeat in the face of a gain and bloody gallbladder pain. Miserable! Feel better soon woman. xoxo

Bacon, sausages and burgers do it to me. I've had so much chicken this week I'm starting to cluck! I'm surprised at the ibuprofen as it's a NSAID and they're supposed to make it worse.

Oh no !!! Poor you xxx I hope you'll be OK soon
I took fybogel and I bought some sugar free colon cleanse from low carb megastore. Also the Flax really seems to help in that department!
Please take care and feel better xxx

umm :eek: i use physillium(sp)husks
i buy the caplets from H&B they seem to work in a very gental way.

Back