Gallstones and CD

frantastic

I would be really grateful if a CDC could let me know how many grams of fat are contained in the SS 3. The reason for my question is that I have gallstones which on the whole give me very little problems (I have had them for over 14 yrs), and I read somewhere that as long as you have at least 7 grams of fat in your diet it less likely that vlcd will trigger any additional problems. My doctor has signed my forms, but as you will appreciate I am both keen to finish the diet and avoid any complications with my gallstones. Thank you.:)

i had gallstone trouble few years ago but they settled down with no treatment - I am on day 9 of CD SS +1 and my gallstones are grumbling. Is this due to the diet? does anyone have any advice to offer me? Id be really grateful!
I wasnt aware that you had to eat a certain amount of fat to stop problems.

thanks in advance

jellytastic I did a lot of reading before signing up fpr the diet and a small percentage of mainly women can experiencing problems with their gallbladder. My CDC asked me to get my doctor's okay because of it. I goggled (vlcd + gallstones) for a bit more information and came across the information which said one of the possible reasons for this problem was because of the sudden reduction of fat in the diet and it stated that you needed to maintain at least 7 grms. I just checked through one of my booklets and found out that 3 servings of sachets contain 7.8g of fat. I'll check this with my CDC and doctor as I don't want to give up the diet or aggravate my gallbladder. Why don't you speak to your doctor/CDC.

thankyou frantastic, i dont want to ask my gp about it as im sure that she will say that i shouldnt be doing a vlcd like cambridge. She is very old school, and I also have another medical condition that wasnt on the induction form but that is a major consideration and i do feel that if id asked permission to start the diet she would have said no. I have a muscle wasting disease - muscular dystrophy, this makes it hard for me to exercise hence the weight gain! To be honest I am scared that I could be doing myself harm with this diet but I am so desperate to lose weight fast.

jellytastic you have my full support for what its worth, but do take care. I was lucky as we have a number of doctors at my surgery and I didn't see my usual doctor. I saw a younger doctor from Poland who hadn't heard about CD before. However he took my blood pressure first and felt that as it was quite high at the time losing weight with CD would be better than getting a stroke etc so he gave me his blessing. I have to admit that I was going to do it whether or not they signed me off as I need to lose the weight quickly as I would like one final attempt at IVF. Age is becoming a real barrier for me. However, my CDC said that if the worst came to the worst I could either do th SS+ ornthe 810/1000 programme and I am leaving that option open if I do start to experience prolems. That's why I chose CD over LL. Do take care of yourself, why don't you discuss the other options with your CDC as I having been reading lots of posts and have seen some people lose large amount of weight on both

the SS+ and 810. Do keep in touch.

Back