Gallstones

Hi , I had gallstones last year ( had my gallbladder out in october ) and my consultant said it was probably the best diet to do with gallstones as it contains no fat so very unlikely to give you a flare up :)

Yep its a good diet to do when u have gallstones as fats are generally what cause a gallstone attack and this doesnt contain many lol xx

I had gallstones for years misdiagnosed, and its agony. I cut as much fat out of my diet at the time as i could and it was still bad but not quite as bad as usual. Only real solution is to get ur gallbladder removed. I had mine done september 09 and never had a touch of pain since xx

Can they laser the stone out as well? I have only had one attack ever, and for 24 thought I was going to die from the pain! I was slim at the time! ;)

U can get an ERCP they call it. Like a scpe down your throat into your stomach, and they can use a laser to blast them, but if your prone to gallstones they generally come back, so unless u push for it, surgeons will try and get u to have your gallbladder removed. I was much much slimmer when i first got gallstones too lol, we must have bad luck ;) The pains horrific tho eh? I swear labour was easier xx

At least labour pains give you little rests inbetween and you know its going to end sometime soon with a happy event!

I had gallstones when I first began tfr, I had my GB out 10weeks ago I think... It's marvelous! Fat wasn't always a trigger, spices etc can cause too.. tfr was good for me but still had the odd niggles. Best thing I did having it removed, my gb was full of stones n hard to get out of the hole...! Bliss now its gone. 1/3 of all people have them, they very common. When gb gone u can still have phantom symptoms (i had twice) and stones go in the liver instead so still need to see gp if u not happy! X

Back