gambling and weight loss simularites

mrtc

Have thought this for a long time but a topic on here made me think about it again.

Gambling and losing weight has one thing in common.

People who gamble, tend to only tell people theyve had a gamble, when they win money, not wanting to tell people theyve been daft and lost money.

People on diets, dont tend to tell people they have put weight on but always tell people when theyve lost weight.

I have done this many a time, have you?

Last edited:
I agree, extreme Dieting can be just as destructive as extreme gambling.

I can remember in 2009 I had lost 8 pounds and would tell everyone, the fact that from 2007 id put on 36 pounds I didn't tell anyone.

Yeah but that's no different to anything in life, I don't think that it makes dieting like gambling, it just makes it life. People are always very quick to share the good news and keep the bad news to themselves, that's human nature. You'd tell people when you get a promotion or pay rise but would you go around telling people if you got demoted or a pay cut? Or if you were able to upgrade your car to a newer model you'd probably tell people but would you tell people if you had to downgrade? I don't think that makes dieting destructive, like I said, it just makes it a part of normal day life. Losing weight and other positive things are things to brag about, things to be proud of but no-one's going to be proud of putting on weight, losing money, being demoted, getting a pay cut etc and so those aren't the things that they're going to share with people generally.

Yeh i end up telling people when ive lost weight, but not when ive gained,unless they notice and tell me :(

Have thought this for a long time but a topic on here made me think about it again.

Gambling and losing weight has one thing in common.

People who gamble, tend to only tell people theyve had a gamble, when they win money, not wanting to tell people theyve been daft and lost money.

People on diets, dont tend to tell people they have put weight on but always tell people when theyve lost weight.

I have done this many a time, have you?
yes i think that is true for me

Back