Game Of Stones - Slim for my 40th in 2017!

Yeah when I looked over my menu it was quite repetitive and I dont want to get fed up so going to try some new things, even things I havent ever tried before x

Planned menu for today - green day

B - eggs and beans on toast (hex b for bread)

L - homemade potato and onion soup

D - SW recipe macaroni cheese bake (Hex A for cheese)

Drinks - coffee using Hex A 2 skimmed milk

Snacks - Hifi bar (Hex B 2)

Syns - Latte (5.5 syns) Possibly a piece if choc

Well done hunni! Thats a fab first weeks loss

Ps that menu today looks lush!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you x

Well I've been out all afternoon so didnt manage to have lunch but I had taken dark rye Ryvitas with me just in case along with some fruit and I had 3 (4.5 syns total). I am back out again for school run in a minute then taking my daughter to ballet so dinner wont be until later

Menu was slightly different than planned today (a few more syns and extra at dinner)

B - eggs and beans on toast

L - 3 Ryvita, apple, banana

D - SW cheese pasta bake and SW chips

Snacks - Mullerlight orange with choc sprinkles

Hex A 1 - Skimmed milk
Hex A 2 - Cheese for pasta bake
Hex B 1 - 2 x bread 400g loaf
Hex B 2 - Hifi light bars x 2

Syns - latte (5.5), Ryvita (4.5), Clover light (3.0) = 13 syns

Morning,

I have a planned menu for today sort of, I'm out for lunch at a bar & grill though and no idea what I will have, hopefully there's a fairly healthy option there

My last post posted before I was finished!

I bought new scales yesterday as I prefer to know where I'm at between weigh ins. They were the same as SW scales yesterday but today I seem to have gained a bit over a pound. I'm wondering if it was the cheese as in the past I've only had to sniff at cheese to gain weight. I ate pretty well yesterday and it's the only thing I've had that's been different from usual really

Menu for today - Extra easy

B - kiwi, banana, grapes, melon and fat free natural yoghurt

L - meal out (will choose what I think is the healthiest)

D - salmon fillet and salad

Drinks - coffee with skimmed milk (Hex A)

Syns - will calculate after meal out

Hey, KBQueen, I have just read through your diary and really enjoyed it, would love to buddy up with another shorty for extra support :)

I started out at my very heaviest in April of 2013 at 15st10lb and dabbled in Exante for about a year and at the end of a year of ups and downs and phases of intense deprivation to total and utter carelessness I ended up starting SW in May of this year at 15st3lb. So after all that faffing about I had only lost half a stone! But now on SW I'm 4lb away from a 3st loss since May and I am mega chuffed.
I'm not losing as fast as I could but life still happens and I still enjoy my meals out and go on holiday and weekend breaks a lot! So the price i pay is that I'm losing more slowly but it's still coming off :D
I think your goal for your next summer holiday is very achievable and realistic. That was definitely one of my major downfalls in the past, being totally unrealistic about my goals and then, after the inevitable disappointment, I'd give up altogether. So I'll join you in your quest for next year and be in the 9s for the summer.
Your food diary looks good too, I used to fret a lot about the carbs but not so much anymore. I gave it a try (because carbs basically became a four letter word to me) and did a week of SW friendly but absolutely carb laden food. Weetabix for breakfast, pasta for lunch, potatoes for dinner. And I lost just as well. The question of how you personally feel on a high carb diet is a different one, not everyone has a high tolerance for carbs and I have phases when I really cut back on them and focus more on protein. So I'd say test it out what works best for you :)

Wow you have done amazingly well since May, you must be able to see a huge difference. It shows every pound on us shorties as you know!! We can keep each other going and aim for the 9s for Summer :D What day is your weigh in? Mine are Tuesday nights (I go to a class) x

My lunch out got cancelled which I was actually happy about so my menu for today has changed slightly, will post it after lunch

Ok menu for today is now a red day -

B - kiwi, banana, grapes, melon and fat free natural yoghurt

L - bacon and eggs on toast

D - salmon fillet and salad

Drinks - coffee with skimmed milk

Snacks - Mullerlight vanilla with choc sprinkles, fruit

Syns - Clover light (3.0)

Hex A 1 - Skimmed milk
Hex A 2
Hex B 1 - 2 x wholemeal from 400g loaf
Hex B 2 - Hifi bar

Wow you have done amazingly well since May, you must be able to see a huge difference. It shows every pound on us shorties as you know!! We can keep each other going and aim for the 9s for Summer :D What day is your weigh in? Mine are Tuesday nights (I go to a class) x

My lunch out got cancelled which I was actually happy about so my menu for today has changed slightly, will post it after lunch

My weight loss really shows now, it wasn't until I lost about 2 stone that I really felt it in myself and I feel so much happier already. Also, I have really got into exercising and although I don't have much time to spare, I try and do even just short 20 minute workouts at home as often as I possibly can and it does all help with the toning side of things.

My weigh ins are Monday night, I also attend a group like yourself. And although I don't always stay for the meeting, I try to as often as I can and it does help me. You don't learn anything earth shatteringly new but it helps to focus on why I'm doing this and it motivates me to carry on.

It's only now that I'm starting to believe that I might just make it to my target weight. I'm going to visit friends in Stockholm again next July, I've just been to see them a few weeks and I wonder how different it will be this time around. I went over there this July gone as well and I weighed in at about 14st then and it was a really hot hot week, and always on and off the tubes was so exhausting and although I enjoyed it, it was difficult too with the extra weight.
What an amazing experience it would be to be there a year later at a normal weight! I'm going to hang on to that thought :)

And what a fabulous thought that is too :D I'm the same when it comes to exercise, I started doing it after I lost the first 2 stone and I really enjoy it now and it definitely helps tone bits up.
I'm off up to my sisters for New Year, I havent seen her for over a year and the last time she saw me I was 14st 9lbs. I'm currently 12st 6lbs so a little over 2 stone lighter but would love to have another stone off before I see her so there's a noticeable difference x

My menu for today went as planned apart from some added syns which were a latte macchaitto (5.5 syns) and some salad cream on my salad (1.0) so total of 9.5 today

Think I will have a green day tomorrow so that I can have 2 Hex A's and B's, going to plan for tomorrow

I'm not doing very well in drinking plenty of water, think it's too cold. Any tips on getting more water down me without drinking more tea/coffee?

It's just too cold to drink cold water, I know people drink a tea of some kind herbal or green or something but doubt I would like it

Back