Game Of Stones - Slim for my 40th in 2017!

Bit late joining this party but I would like to be slim for summer 2015. Well, more for September time, but same ball park. I joined Slimming World last week and tomorrow will be my second weigh in. All week I've had it in my head that I want to be slimmer of the week, but I've had a few cheats along the way this week. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow night!

40 lbs to lose.

Good luck for your second weigh in tomorrow. It's my third weigh in tomorrow morning and I'm at a new group too as I usually go to an evening one but switching. Fingers crossed for a loss of any kind, think I ate way too much on my green days....lots of potatoes, pasta and rice then went over my syns over the weekend so tomorrow will tell!!

ahh cool, may try that at some point :)

That looks super delicious!:drool:

It was soooooo good and only 1 syn (for the gravy granules in the peppercorn sauce but I'm pretty sure the recipe could be as good without it although maybe not as thick)

My menu went as planned today, my syns were gravy granules (1), one piece fudge (3) total 4

I have a book of sauces from SW years ago....before they had EE etc, wonder if syns values would still be the same?

And I never thought of 'roasting' the veg before?.....does it still go soft/cooked?

I have a book of sauces from SW years ago....before they had EE etc, wonder if syns values would still be the same?

And I never thought of 'roasting' the veg before?.....does it still go soft/cooked?

Yes it still goes soft but tastes nicer because you can add free stuff to it like balsamic vinegar or spices. My fav way to have veg x

Oh and I can't imagine the syn values for sauces would change x

Yes it still goes soft but tastes nicer because you can add free stuff to it like balsamic vinegar or spices. My fav way to have veg x
hmmm...may try that do you just pour the vinegar on it then bake?

Oh and I can't imagine the syn values for sauces would change x

good, will have to dig the book out :)

hmmm...may try that do you just pour the vinegar on it then bake?

good, will have to dig the book out :)

Yes just coat it in whatever you fancy (that's free obviously) and stick in the oven until soft. You can boil it for a few mins first to soften it slightly and it soaks up the vinegar better when baking x

It was and was stuffed after too x

Disappointed with weigh in this morning, only 1/2 lb off. Too much fudge this week so going to reign that in but otherwise stick to alternating red and EE days as I prefer protein to carbs. Will see what next week brings (although I've just had 6 bags of fudge delivered and dying to sample them!!) Onwards and downwards!

So I've enquired about the calories per chunk of fudge that I buy from a friend who has a fudge business and turns out that each chunk is around 160 cals which works out at 8 syns per piece :eek: Explains why my loss was low this week as I was estimating them at 4-5 syns

Oh forgot todays menu - red day

B - apple, banana and pear with fat free yoghurt

L - bacon and eggs on toast (Hex B1)

D - Sea bass and mixed roasted veg

Snack - Mullerlight After Dinner Mint

Hex A - skimmed milk
Hex B1 - 2 x bread
Hex B2 - 2 x Hifi Light

Syns - Flora Light x 2 tsp (2), 1 piece fudge (8)

Your food always looks good. I'm here to learn, bowing my head in shame, I totally fell off the wagon last weekend and this morning just decided that I have messed around enough. In a way, having a total binge weekend actually shocked me into getting my head back into gear, I just woke up this morning thinking what are you doing! You know this works so give it a chance. I can't wait to be able to shop the petite range in DP, it's a small victory I know but it's so hard finding clothes that fit well with the proportions what with being so short.
Anyhow, this is me rambling, I think you're doing fab and coming back on here straight away has helped me a lot to think straight. Lesson learned, don't stay away from the forum, it helps to adjust straight away before things get out of hand.

Your food always looks good. I'm here to learn, bowing my head in shame, I totally fell off the wagon last weekend and this morning just decided that I have messed around enough. In a way, having a total binge weekend actually shocked me into getting my head back into gear, I just woke up this morning thinking what are you doing! You know this works so give it a chance. I can't wait to be able to shop the petite range in DP, it's a small victory I know but it's so hard finding clothes that fit well with the proportions what with being so short.
Anyhow, this is me rambling, I think you're doing fab and coming back on here straight away has helped me a lot to think straight. Lesson learned, don't stay away from the forum, it helps to adjust straight away before things get out of hand.

I know that feeling about clothes, being 5ft it's hard to find anything that fits right when you're bigger than a 12. We can do it, it's a hard time of year so I'm going to cut myself some slack over the next few weeks and just do my best. I'm going to have treats and probably go over my syns a bit so I'm trying to prepare myself for that. If I plan to be 100% on plan then I will fail, I will definitely put 100% into it after New Year but until then I'm going to just do the best I can x

Well done on the loss :) I know it's not as big as you'd like...I'm weighing in in an hr and not feeling overly confident!!

Good luck for your weigh in x

image.jpg
Tonights dinner, did the fish in a bit of soy and the veggies in a bit of balsamic vinegar

Don't be disappointed KB you've still had a loss and have done awesome so far! All losses are worth celebrating to me as the gains are heart breaking! Besides now you know the fudge Syns you don't have to guesstimate xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Back