Gammon

Indieflower

I have my mojo
I'm not usually a gammon eater, but trying to mix up my foods a bit. So, I had gammon today but was completely disorganised and didn't know what to do with it. I don't like pineapple and that's the standard thing you do I think.

Anyone got any good Gammon ideas for next time please? :D

K xxx

I serve mine with either the onion sauce or the pepper sauce & then with free veg, the sauce recipes are in the saucy secrets book but if you don't have it let me know & I will post them.

I do have it, although never really used it! lol. Thanks Julie, I'll have a look :)

K xx

There are tons of sauces in there which are really nice - my favourite is the spicy mushroom sauce, I serve it with the syn free egg fried rice

I tend to have a gammon joint and then serve it like a normal roast...with baby new pots sprayed with frylight and roasted and steamfresh veg.....an empty plate guarantee in our house!

or if you had gammon steaks i'd have an ee day and have it with syn free chips and a fried egg(in frylight obviously!!)

making myself hungry now!

I tend to have a gammon joint and then serve it like a normal roast...with baby new pots sprayed with frylight and roasted and steamfresh veg.....an empty plate guarantee in our house!

or if you had gammon steaks i'd have an ee day and have it with syn free chips and a fried egg(in frylight obviously!!)

making myself hungry now!
mmmm...gammon, egg & chips the thought of it is making my mouth water...

Mine too! Not a good thing at this time of night *no picking* lol

Thanks for the ideas ladies :)

xxx

Gammon is served in our house fairly often and we always have a joint and I slow cook it and cool it before slicing(or it falls apart otherwise) and I serve it cold with mango chutney mash and veg. In the summer we have it with salad and new potatoes.As someone else, plates are always empty when they come back!

I find gammon too salty... but saying that I had a gammon joint from Asda yesterday and oh I was very suprised as it was really nice. I had it with loads of veg and a splash of Reggae Sauce.

Phil x

I used to get gammon slices, cut them into thin strips, and use them in a stir fry!

I do like gammon :D

When we have a gammon joint, I often make boiled ham and pease pudding - it cooks slowly with lots of veg in the water, whilst also including a muslin bag of split peas to make pease pudding (a jamie oliver technique) - you also get to keep the cooking liqor to make a ham and pea soup with the next day.

Pieces of leftover ham are then great in special fried rice, or as mentioned before, in a stir fry.

With gammon steak, I like it with fried eggs on top, peas and chips - this is about the only time I add ketchup to my food.

If you find gammon too salty you are best to soak the joint in water overnight before cooking as it takes some of the salt out of the joint.

Back